This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Early Entry Question

I have a question, and I figured you guys are the font of all information regarding Disneyland :P

My Family and I are coming to California in April for a once in a lifetime trip. We are coming from tropical Australia, and I know it's going to be a busy time (around Easter). So I was hoping to make use of
    Early Entry. We are planning on getting the SoCal City Pass which includes a 3 day hopper, and we are also planning on staying on site. Will we be able to get early entry?

Also, I know it's unreasonably cold there at the moment. Is April going to be bearable, considering we are from a tropical area?

Thanks
    Charlie

Re: Early Entry Question

Welcome to Micechat Charlie. You should check with the resort you are staying at. Yes, you should get early entry at least one of the days you are there. Last time we were there, I think we got early entry on Tuesday and Thursday? I don't remember for sure.
    HDAlien

-----------------------------------------------------
    "I dream of the day when you can go to a drive through, purchase alcohol, tobacco, and bullets, and use them all before you get home" -- Dogbert

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie_Y View Post
      Also, I know it's unreasonably cold there at the moment. Is April going to be bearable, considering we are from a tropical area?
      Thanks
      Charlie
      First of all, welcome! Yes April is usually "bearable". SoCal really does have some of the best weather in the world. You should expect it to be chilly in the morning, especially if you utilize Early Entry. But then it should warm up during the day, only to get chilly again at night. We often start the day with sweatshirts/light jackets, put them in a locker once the weather warms up, and retrieve them when evening rolls around. Rain is a possibility that time of year, so bringing a water repellant jacket, poncho, or umbrella is a good idea.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie_Y View Post
        ...we are also planning on staying on site. Will we be able to get early entry?
        Yes, Early Entry is available to all Disney Hotel guests on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays.
        M A S E C A !

Comment

Since I live only 15 miles away I don't know too much about early entry but I have lived here all my life and the April weather is usually nice. Not too hot and not too cold, but the mornings can be chilly.

Keep in mind that the rainy season goes from November to about March but can extend into April or May with an average of 15 -17 inches per season. So far this season we have had only about 1.50 inches of rain and there supposedly is an El Nino event going on in the tropical pacific. When an El Nino occurs there can be more than 30 inches of rain in a season.

The point I am making is either there is not going to be much rain and we are going to be in a drought this year (In this case the El Nino was weaker than they thought) or we are going to get the bulk of our rain later on in the season. So in any case it is best to come prepared for a little bit of rain.

On the plus side, if it does rain that usually equates to small crowds in the park. Either way you're going to have fun!

Comment

Thanks for posting, and I hope you have a memorable and enjoyable trip!

Comment

Thanks everyone. It's quite hard to plan from so far away. I've ordered a Passporter, which I'm hoping will arrive early next week. I've been doing a lot of reading here, which has helped - my travel agent says I know about as much as she does, and she used to be a DCL castmember.

Not too long to go now, and the whole family is getting quite excited. Can't wait

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X