Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Can't they leave it gold?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Why Can't they leave it gold?

    Leave some places gold as sort of a homage to their 50 years of being. Like the castle. Leave it gold to show that it has passed 50 years and has something to show for it. Face it, the castle is beautiful as is. So does the Mark Twain which should also stay gold to mark its 50 years. Opinions?
    Friend walks into line of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh-
    "Come on, Let's go see Country Bear- .......Oh."
    -August 1st 2010

    And this elevator traverls directly to The Twilight Zone The Gift Shop!
    -August 2nd 2010

  • #2
    Re: Why Can't they leave it gold?

    Bad idea. The gold looks cheap to me. If they got Krylon to be a sponsor, maybe.
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

    [FONT=Arial Narrow]

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Why Can't they leave it gold?

      I agree with C.O. I don't like the gold either. It looks cheesey and cheap.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Why Can't they leave it gold?

        Originally posted by Walt Jr. View Post
        Leave some places gold as sort of a homage to their 50 years of being. Like the castle. Leave it gold to show that it has passed 50 years and has something to show for it. Face it, the castle is beautiful as is. So does the Mark Twain which should also stay gold to mark its 50 years. Opinions?
        I think the lamp posts should stay gold. The rest should go back to its original state though. At first, I was disoppointed when the Castle was Gold after the 3rd time I saw it. I want it back to blue.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Why Can't they leave it gold?

          Well they do have "The first 50 years" on main street. Im guessing that will stay for a while.

          NO DOUBT SUMMER 09 TOUR!
          MAY 22 SAN DIEGO/AUG 2 IRVINE


          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Why Can't they leave it gold?

            I would have liked at least the gold lampposts to stay,
            as a tribute to DL's 50th. The color looked great and
            blended in fine, even for the fall and Christmas decorations!

            And some of the gold highlights on the Castle should
            stay, too. Seems that Walt's 1st park should have
            that something special for the 50th live on with the park.
            Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
            An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
            Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
            Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Why Can't they leave it gold?

              Honestly, I didn't even remember the lamp posts being a different color before hand. I became a pass holder just before the 50th, so I remember it as that.

              That being said, I never liked the way the castle looked. But I never minded the other 50th decorations. I think they should leave SOMETHING.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Why Can't they leave it gold?

                Originally posted by barfownz View Post
                I think the lamp posts should stay gold. The rest should go back to its original state though. At first, I was disoppointed when the Castle was Gold after the 3rd time I saw it. I want it back to blue.
                The castle was very light/faded pink, not blue.

                I think its a bad idea unless maintenance would be guaranteed. Gold paint is hard to maintain in the long term, unless gold leaf is used. Small accents might be nice, but that's it.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Why Can't they leave it gold?

                  Originally posted by lazyboy97O View Post
                  The castle was very light/faded pink, not blue.

                  I think its a bad idea unless maintenance would be guaranteed. Gold paint is hard to maintain in the long term, unless gold leaf is used. Small accents might be nice, but that's it.
                  For 17 years. I always thought the castle was blue!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Why Can't they leave it gold?

                    if they leave it gold, what will they do for the 100th anniversary?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Why Can't they leave it gold?

                      Originally posted by barfownz View Post
                      For 17 years. I always thought the castle was blue!
                      wait wait wait! Aren't you like only 16






                      ~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
                      ~

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Why Can't they leave it gold?

                        Originally posted by notlemc View Post
                        if they leave it gold, what will they do for the 100th anniversary?
                        Tie-dye. Duh.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Why Can't they leave it gold?

                          The gold touches are nice and pretty, but aren't necessary.

                          I'm just happy I was around to experience the 50th (particularly May 5th, and July 17th and many days in between). It'll be something I'll never forget.

                          But I am definately ready for the park to just be normal for a while.

                          Unfortunately, as we're finally losing the last of the gold, we're being invaded by Year of a Million Dreams "graffiti" and clouds.

                          Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Why Can't they leave it gold?

                            Originally posted by Disney Analyst View Post
                            wait wait wait! Aren't you like only 16
                            Yes. But its been 17 years. 1990-2007.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Why Can't they leave it gold?

                              Originally posted by barfownz View Post
                              Yes. But its been 17 years. 1990-2007.
                              So wait, you remember the color from infancy?

                              On second thought, don't answer that.
                              sigpic

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X