Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is a good enough reason to go complain to City Hall?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is a good enough reason to go complain to City Hall?

I've been reading and posting here on Micechat for quite a while now and one thing I have been noticing lately is a few members on here who seem to be regular visitors to City Hall. I know that sometimes there are legitimate reasons for going to City Hall, such as letting them know about a fantastic Jungle Cruise skipper you experienced earlier that day or get a refund for a bad meal you received at the Blue Bayou. Some of you tend to take things a little far. They cancelled the fireworks? Go complain. A CM didn't bless you when you sneezed? Go complain. The floor for the que of Space Mountain wasn't clean enough? Go complain.

For many years City Hall functioned just fine in that small room with only two CM's at the counter. I rarely ever saw anyone in there besides lost guests waiting for the rest of their party. In recent years the amount of complaints they get has forced them to double their capacity and have no fewer than 4CM's at the counter. It's no longer just a place to go when you lost your party. Now City Hall seems to be the center of the universe for those who feel the need to complain about something, anything and everything.

So here is my question and I am hoping for a civilized discussion. What is a good enough reason to complain?
    sigpic

Re: What is a good enough reason to go complain to City Hall?

Well, obviously it varies from person to person. I don't think I would ever complain unless something really horrible happened, like a CM punching someone in my party or getting hit by a firework shell. I don't think I'd report a CM for being grumpy unless he used a racial slur or something. Cast Members don't make nearly enough for me to complain about not being smiled at or that the Jungle Cruise skipper wasn't particularly cheery.

A lot of this comes from the AP thing. If you go daily, you're bound to notice things that normal guests won't notice (that, and you have time to take out from your day to go complain about things).

Comment

this is why they took complaining to the 21st century.. they key is finding where the email is to complain and or compliment...

sometimes complaining is the only way to get it done... then again they could hire that lady from all that.. she was great in the complaint department

Comment

Any reason is good enough to complain about...that is why the building exists. And just as there are enough reasons to complain there are just as many to compliment.
        Class of 2005...

Comment

In todays world it seems like the only time some companies will step-up and do the right thing is after their customers complain. They know what the right thing to do is... they just choose not to do it.

Disney is guilty of this... and that's why they have more people working in City Hall than they used to.

They probably figured it was less costly to hire a couple more CM's to work City Hall, and pacify angry guests with free churros, complimentary meals and an occasional refund than to do the right thing!
          Charlie :wave:
          MiceChat User #1037

Comment

So your sayin...If I want a free churro I should go to city hall.....hmmmmm. I agree with jungle skipper...some of the stuff people complain about on here is laughable....but to each his own.

Comment

To answer the question about what is a good reason to go complain to city hall is simple.

A: When you want to get something for free.

Comment

A great deal of guests sometimes complain to City Hall about their food taking too long to be made ready at some of the restaurants...
                Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.

~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

I have never gone into City Hall for any reason. Though one day I might want to check out the documents relating to the compliance of an attraction or something. Sounds like exciting stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by symbolic View Post
                    So your sayin...If I want a free churro I should go to city hall.....hmmmmm. I agree with jungle skipper...some of the stuff people complain about on here is laughable....but to each his own.
                    Well, Disney is the company that set the standards by which all theme parks are measured... don't blame the guests for calling Disney on their own standards.
                    Charlie :wave:
                    MiceChat User #1037

Comment

I've only gone to city hall when it was my birthday or when I have a legit question. I've never gone to complain but I've had a few occasions when I should of. Hmmmm maybe I'll wait until summer and the park is packed then go complain and get an all day front of the line pass:evil:
                      PirateMunkee

Visit My Horror Designs Store!!!

Comment

I make a point to go into City Hall every trip I make. However it's usually for a compliment (which gets you free stuff too!) instead of a complaint. I think I've complained twice.

Comment

Never set foot in City Hall and probably never will. I don't have enough time in my hands to go complain that some queue wasn't sparkling shiny or a light bulb was burnt out like some others on this board seem to have.

Comment

I have never placed a complaint at City Hall, I have, however, filed compliments! When good service is received, I always make sure to give the CM the kuddos they deserve. More should take the time to file a compliment and make someone's day.

Comment

I've only gone into City Hall to complain once, and that was because several CMs were not informed and therefore misinformed my boyfriend and myself about a tour that we had been looking forward to taking, which ended up in us not being able to take it. I only went there to say that CMs needed to be clear and be knowledgeable about what things they handle.

All of the other times I've gone to get a birthday or anniversary button.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X