Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Turnstile Sounds...What's the Difference?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turnstile Sounds...What's the Difference?

I've wondered this many times as I've entered Disneyland or Disney's California Adventure. As you know, one of two noises are played as your passport is accepted, either a Tinkerbellish Pixie Dust jingle or a sort of whistle/chirp.

I've tried many times to figure out what circumstances cause one or the other to be played, but every time I think I've got it I turn out to be wrong.

Does anyone know?

Re: Turnstile Sounds...What's the Difference?

One's for your first entry of the day; one's for re-entry.
    sigpic

Comment

One sound is played when you enter the park for the first time each day and the other sound is played each time you re-enter. This alerts the CM to check for a hand-stamp to make sure you aren't using someone else's ticket. I think the "Tinkerbellish Pixie Dust jingle" is the one played when you first enter but it may be the other way around. Listen next time you enter the park and you'll know.
      "Once a man has tasted freedom he will never be content to be a slave. That is why I believe that this frightfulness we see everywhere today is only temporary. Tomorrow will be better for as long as America keeps alive the ideals of freedom and a better life. All men will want to be free and share our way of life... I thank God and America for the right to live and raise my family under the flag of tolerance, democracy and freedom."
      -Walt Disney, March 1, 1941

“Whatever success I have had in bringing clean, informative entertainment to people of all ages, I attribute in great part to my Congregational upbringing and my lifelong habit of prayer. To me, today, at age sixty-one, all prayer, by the humble or highly placed, has one thing in common: supplication for strength and inspiration to carry on the best human impulses which should bind us together for a better world. Without such inspiration, we would rapidly deteriorate and finally perish. But in our troubled time, the right of men to think and worship as their conscience dictates is being sorely pressed. We can retain these privileges only by being constantly on guard and fighting off any encroachment on these precepts. To retreat from any of the principles handed down by our forefathers, who shed their blood for the ideals we still embrace, would be a complete victory for those who would destroy liberty and justice for the individual.”
      Walt Disney, Deeds Rather Than Words

Comment

I was told that the different sounds tell the cast member whether you have already been in the park. (I forget which sound is which.) Apparently, there have been some problems with people using their AP to enter the park, then surreptitiously handing them through the fence to a friend to enter the park on the same AP.

That's why it's a good idea to get your hand stamped even if you have an AP.
        "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
        -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkRider View Post
          One's for your first entry of the day; one's for re-entry.
          I learned something new today.

Comment

The pixie dust sound means your ticket or annual pass has been scanned for the first time of the day. The whistle means your are re-entering the park or park hopping, that is why you will be asked if you have a handstamp after the whistle. If you hear a bong sound that means many different things and most of the time a lead is called out to investigate what is wrong with the ticket.The lights at the end of the turnstile are for the guest research people the green light means the first visit of the day and the white light means re-entering and the red light means there was something wrong with your ticket.
            sigpic

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Comment

There's a third one that plays if you're an AP and you visit on your birthday, but I don't know what it is - I've only been once on my actual day, and I didn't know to listen for it.
              sigpic

Comment

There's a third one that plays if you're an AP and you visit on your birthday, but I don't know what it is - I've only been once on my actual day, and I didn't know to listen for it.
                i was just about to mention that

Orlando doing good
                http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=9a0_1212091354&p=1

www.Myspace.com/butterflytat20
                Princess of Randomness

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Chaney View Post
                  I don't follow. Why is it a good idea to get your hand stamped if you are the legitimate holder of the AP?
                  Charlie :wave:
                  MiceChat User #1037

Comment

AP's are not required to have a handstamp. They do however always have to show their pass each time they come to the turnstile. The only time AP's are asked to get a handstamp are on high volume days that the park has to limit guest coming in. Also, the birthday sound is like a bell sound.
                    sigpic

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Chaney View Post

Why would that be?

If it's my AP, and we are not required to have a hand stamp, what benefit would there be for me?

The CM's don't waive you through with just a hand stamp, so I don't see the purpose of it when you have an AP.

Just wondering...

Comment

Really! Interesting. My birthday's on a Wednesday this year, so odds are I won't get to check that out for a while...but I'll keep that in mind.

Thanks for the answer everybody- it makes sense. I never knew that the sounds served a purpose.

Comment

The old entry system(before the Color Monitors) also would display that it was your birthday along with the sound. I haven't been their on my Birthday since they changed the system so I don't know if the new ones do that still.

Comment

If I'm not mistakened, I think there was a voice that said, "Happy Birthday!" I'm not sure...
                            Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.

~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Regarding AP holders getting their hands stamped:

Certainly, AP holders are allowed to come and go into either park as they please. Getting your hand stamped is mostly a help and a courtesy for the CM at the turnstile.

When the whistle indicates that you are returning to the park, the handstamp verifies that fact. It helps confirm to the turnstile CM that you are not someone who has had an AP handed out through the fence to them.

Of course, if you can pull off the scam just once, then you and your buddy can both get your hands stamped. That is probably why your photo in living-color now shows on the turnstile CM's computer.
                              "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
                              -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X