Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else in a Whelchair who goes to the park??

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else in a Whelchair who goes to the park??

Just wondering if anyone else is in a wheelchair that goes to the park??? Thanks
    :crazylegs

Last winter I was experiencing severe back problems and decided to use a wheelchair at DL. I couldn't believe how rude people were to me. I feel sorry for anyone who is wheelchair bound. I don't know what I expected, but it certainly wasn't what I got.
    sigpic

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Comment

My mom uses an ECV whenever she goes (not too often though - only once or twice a year, since she doesn't live here). She's got severe arthritis, so it really helps her to enjoy the park again.
      disneyphile@gmail.com

Comment

One time I got in one of those electronic wheel chairs and drove it around near the main entrance making strange sounds and gestures, it was really funny, does that count?! There were some middle eastern guests that were very confused by my actions. I have pictures!
        "Standard Fairchild Marine, 500 ponies...tell her all diesels do that..."

Comment

This topic seems familiar... Oh that's right!

http://www.micechat.com/showthread.p...ght=wheelchair

Wait a minute! This topic was started by the same person who... I guess it's been almost three months since the previous discussion ended. Things might have changed.

Comment

^Well That's Kind of Rude ...
            Originally posted by drunkmom
            this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

Comment

Originally posted by Socapex

Wait a minute! This topic was started by the same person who... I guess it's been almost three months since the previous discussion ended. Things might have changed.
              OK, so she inquired 3 months ago - so what. People come and go from this board quite often and there is nothing wrong with bringing this back up. It's not like Crazy Legs brings this up weekly or monthly.

RU

Be sure to visit my site!

Comment

As a stage tech myself, you give real socapex a bad name with that post. (:P)
                Free Ipods!
                Free X-Box 360!

Comment

If Bryan had his way, he would steal the neighbors chair and go racing around with you at the park. He is always chasing her down and trying to climb into her lap and drive her around.
                  It's Just me, Jenn.
                  "Crowded classrooms and half-day sessions are a tragic waste of our greatest national resource - the minds of our children." ~Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by Druggas
                    Last winter I was experiencing severe back problems and decided to use a wheelchair at DL. I couldn't believe how rude people were to me. I feel sorry for anyone who is wheelchair bound. I don't know what I expected, but it certainly wasn't what I got.
                    My dad had MS and was often Wheelchair Bound when we went anywhere. I would like to Point out though, He would NEVER Wanted anyone to 'Feel Sorry' for him. I know you didnt mean it exactly the way it came out, But he felt, as do I, that those with differences should be respected for them, not felt sorry for them. He passed away in '87 of cancer of all things after suffering from MS for 25 years. I Miss him...
                    -----------------------------------------------
                    DISNEYLAND: Greatest Man-Made Place On Earth :thumbup:

YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK: Greatest *GOD-Made Place On Earth :thumbup:

Comment

My wife has to use a wheelchair whenever we go, since her eyes can close and stay shut, without warning. It can be a little hard to guide someone through those crowds. We have been on very crowded days, and the only thing I have had to have more of is patience.

There has been plenty of discussion on this board about people just stopping right in front of you for no apparent reason and I'm not trying to get it going again. But, it's very nervewracking to stop a quickly moving wheel chair before running someone down who's just stopped in front of you.

But, overall it wasn't too bad. And most people were tolerant. No bad behavior was shown to us because of the wheelchair.

We don't live in SoCal so we only go 1 or 2 times per year. I bet it must be "interesting" to have to deal with it on a regular basis.
                      That's Mr. Modo to You!

Comment

Originally posted by PanTheMan
                        My dad had MS and was often Wheelchair Bound when we went anywhere. I would like to Point out though, He would NEVER Wanted anyone to 'Feel Sorry' for him. I know you didnt mean it exactly the way it came out, But he felt, as do I, that those with differences should be respected for them, not felt sorry for them. He passed away in '87 of cancer of all things after suffering from MS for 25 years. I Miss him...
                        I don't feel sorry that people use wheelchairs, but the rudeness that I was shown by people in the park. I didn't expect special help, just courtesy that we are able to extend to each other.
                        sigpic

Comment

Thanks everyone.I dont know why People are rude to me I am just asking a question and also seeing so if there is someone else in a wheelchair we can meet them and be friendly to them and or help them in going to the park..I was so scared to meet everyone. I want to help someone else If I can. Everyone who I have meet has been a great help I thnank you all for that.

Thanks for all the posts back.You guys are the best...... :bow:
                          :crazylegs

Comment

Originally posted by Socapex

What's your problem? This isn't a place to "hate" on others. Please keep it in the spirit of happiness, not verbal attacks.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Quasi
                              But, it's very nervewracking to stop a quickly moving wheel chair before running someone down who's just stopped in front of you.
                              There's an easy solution for that - borrow one of the cow-catchers from a DLRR locomotive. :devil:
                              disneyphile@gmail.com

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X