Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any new Disneyland Hotels in the works?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Any new Disneyland Hotels in the works?

    Just wondering if there any plans for a new Disneyland onsite hotel. I think they should make another and better themed hotel, especially since Grand Californian seems like the only onsite hotel with a good theme.

  • #2
    Re: Any new Disneyland Hotels in the works?

    If memory serves me correctly, I remember recently reading an article in the O-Meon section about the plans to potentially build a Coronado-type hotel adjoining DCA near Harbor.
    MCDADMCA

    ^clicky clicky^

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Any new Disneyland Hotels in the works?

      I just read that too, but there was also a post that that info was old, and was not true. So, I guess we'll have to see if that is verified or not.
      It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!









      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Any new Disneyland Hotels in the works?

        Yeah, here's the link to the discussion with a link to the article. http://www.micechat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53009
        MCDADMCA

        ^clicky clicky^

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Any new Disneyland Hotels in the works?

          Originally posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
          I just read that too, but there was also a post that that info was old, and was not true. So, I guess we'll have to see if that is verified or not.
          We never know what rumors are true or not until they're actually built and standing infront of us, huh?
          MCDADMCA

          ^clicky clicky^

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Any new Disneyland Hotels in the works?

            great question :whistling

            oh, and imho, all three have themes that work quite well... considering only ONE of them was actually built BY Disney FOR Disney, Disney has managed to theme them very well.
            sigpic

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Any new Disneyland Hotels in the works?

              There actually is a 4th hotel in the design process but nothing officially greenlit yet.

              What is getting closer to becoming final is a large investment in a complete Disneyland hotel refurbishment. It would mean complete redesign of the existing three towers that would take more than two years to be completed.

              When finished the Disneyland hotel would look completely diferent in theme and design.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Any new Disneyland Hotels in the works?

                Originally posted by MissChristine View Post
                We never know what rumors are true or not until they're actually built and standing infront of us, huh?
                Or at least until the company announces it and the construction begins.
                It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!









                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Any new Disneyland Hotels in the works?

                  Originally posted by MinionLumbo View Post
                  great question :whistling

                  oh, and imho, all three have themes that work quite well... considering only ONE of them was actually built BY Disney FOR Disney, Disney has managed to theme them very well.
                  Yeah, but in my opinion, the Disneyland Hotel and Paradise Pier are just a couple of Sheraton Towers. I can understand if they want to preserve the Disneyland Hotel but I honestly dont know what they were on when they designed Paradise Pier.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Any new Disneyland Hotels in the works?

                    When the present Disneyland Hotel was originally built, it did have a theme, an Erector Set theme. Seriously. It's in Randy Bright's book, "Inside Disneyland" which I own a copy of.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Any new Disneyland Hotels in the works?

                      Originally posted by toonaspie View Post
                      Yeah, but in my opinion, the Disneyland Hotel and Paradise Pier are just a couple of Sheraton Towers. I can understand if they want to preserve the Disneyland Hotel but I honestly dont know what they were on when they designed Paradise Pier.
                      Paradise Pier used to be The Pan Pacific? If I remember correctly.
                      Last edited by Blueharvest1138; 02-11-2007, 08:47 PM. Reason: ???

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Any new Disneyland Hotels in the works?

                        Well I can not think a great hotel that is in Hollwood. That can copy to put it in HPB. Himm?
                        AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day šoš 2010
                        Alan





                        Toy Story Mania construction:
                        Older photo
                        New Photo

                        Member of
                        MiceChat WDW Trip
                        Next trip
                        2014 Dec, 31

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Any new Disneyland Hotels in the works?

                          Originally posted by MissChristine View Post
                          If memory serves me correctly, I remember recently reading an article in the O-Meon section about the plans to potentially build a Coronado-type hotel adjoining DCA near Harbor.
                          That wasn't an overlay of the California Screamin' coaster?
                          Like the Hollywood Tower hotel, not really a hotel, but a building with a ride inside it themed like a hotel?

                          That's what I thought I was looking at, when I saw the art online.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Any new Disneyland Hotels in the works?

                            Originally posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
                            the art online.
                            I wasn't aware there was art online of this hotel. Any links?
                            It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!









                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Any new Disneyland Hotels in the works?

                              Al has written quite a bit about the hotels lately on www.miceage.com. Expansion of the Grand Californian, possible boutique hotel behind Tower of Terror. Addition of Vacation Club to the resort, as well as a possible Magic Kingdom Hotel in the space between the Disneyland Hotel and the parking structure.

                              O-Meon.com has written about an additional hotel to go in the area where the Lion King tram route and Hollywood and Dine are now.

                              But you know Disney, nothing is ever set in stone. Rumors are just rumors until something is announced. And even then, plans often change.
                              MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

                              Find us on Facebook:

                              .

                              How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,














                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X