Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where and how Big is the Rumored Spot of the new park??

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where and how Big is the Rumored Spot of the new park??

Where and how big is the rumored spot of the new park??? And what is the farm called again?? Thanks
    Look for me on Facebook: Tyler Keith Lee Tew

For all Disney News when it happens, follow DisneyverseNews at www.twitter.com/DisneyverseNews

Re: Where and how Big is the Rumored Spot of the new park??

Check out the map in this news article..

http://www.ocregister.com/ocregister...le_1579139.php

The available land is about the size of Disneyland or DCA, but there wouldn't be much room for hotels or parking.

It is known as the "Strawberry Field".
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Comment

Originally posted by Darkbeer View Post

The available land is about the size of Disneyland or DCA, but there wouldn't be much room for hotels or parking.

Thanks so much!!!!

For all Disney News when it happens, follow DisneyverseNews at www.twitter.com/DisneyverseNews

Comment

Is it true it's going to be a water park?

Comment

Originally posted by IndianaChel View Post
          Is it true it's going to be a water park?
          There has been no official decision on what to do with the property, here is what Ed Grier, President of the Disneyland Resort said recently....

http://www.micechat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51975

Now, the City of Anaheim is also interested in some of the property Disney owns to expand Gene Autry Way to connect to the Convention Center, which might have the City to make a trade for some of the property.

This also involves the zoning issue with the Mobile Home Park that some folks want to have Low Cost Housing and Condos built on. It would also block the Gene Autry expansion.

It should be an interesting next 10 years or so as the plans expand.

Comment

oh, okay... thanks!

Comment

Easy solution...build a kind of utilidor system with 2 floors under the park. Floor 1 could be for back stage facilities and below that could be parking.

It would be so nice to enter a park by getting out of your car and going right up a speed ramp into the park proper itself
              Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

Comment

Great point about parking DarkBeer, I never even thought about that. I know that the parking structure that we already have is the biggest one of the country but it isn't big enough to handle another park. The Timon lot is going to be wiped out soon. The only place that I can think of that could handle even a small lot is the one on Disney Way (I forget what it is called because I never park there)

Comment

Originally posted by tyler2cfhs View Post
                  Where and how big is the rumored spot of the new park??? And what is the farm called again?? Thanks
                  And, supposedly that family will never, ever, ever sell the land to Disney. I'd have sold it decades ago! ha!

Comment

Once the "Grandfather" who owned the farm passed on, Disney bought the property from the family, though some of it is still used to grow Strawberries under a lease. Once Disney wants the land, they can cancel the lease and build whatever they want (Hotel, DVC, a new park, etc..)

Comment

Once the "Grandfather" who owned the farm passed on, Disney bought the property from the family, though some of it is still used to grow Strawberries under a lease. Once Disney wants the land, they can cancel the lease and build whatever they want (Hotel, DVC, a new park, etc..)
                      I figured that Disney would win out in the end, and hey, why not sell it? Your family would be set for life! (I hope anyway!)

Comment

Does it happen to be the field where they get the strawberries in the park? Those things are AMAZING!!!
                        “Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die.” ~ Mel Brooks

Comment

If I remember correctly, it's this largish area here that's currently part car park and part strawberry patch...
                          Whoo! Chance to use and abuse Flash Earth

The new shopping mall is going up just the other side of Katella... I forget what it is to be called now... The third gate is a bit removed from Downtown Disney and the other two gates, I wonder what they will do to connect the three parks if it ever goes ahead. I vote for an extended monorail system that connects the existing parks, downtown disney, the new shopping precinct, the convention centre and the third gate.
                          Disney FAQ#275: What is DCA?
                          DCA stands for Disney Construction Area. All the Cast Members are themed with hard hats and steel toed boots.

Comment

I see someone finally answered my question that I had asked in a different thread...

Comment

What is the stuff that is on the area? I thought you said there was still a strawberry field but it looks like there is houses or something.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X