Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PHOTO UPDATE 2/17: A look at Tom Sawyer Island, St. Patrick's Day merch, Subs, +MORE

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PHOTO UPDATE 2/17: A look at Tom Sawyer Island, St. Patrick's Day merch, Subs, +MORE

Hello all! Yesterday was an awesome day at the parks. I scored over 1,000,000 points on Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters for the first time, ran into a pin trader in Downtown Disney with some awesome pins that I traded for, tried out Yamabuki for the first time, and had an all-around awesome time with good friend Peoplemover1. Here's a look at what's going on around Disneyland.

A LOOK AT TOM SAWYER ISLAND
    Here are some shots of what's going on around the Island. It's very interesting how Disney is taking absolutely no precautions with this - they're just doing it. No walls, no tarps, nothing. I mean, yellow "CAUTION" tape in full view, spray paint markings on rockwork, visible instruction tags, pallets with wood and other stuff in full view. Is this bad show, or is there just very little they can really do?

Looks like they're planning on widening the caves substantially for McAmerica's guests.

This big hole in the front of the Island was open.

A friend who works at Pirates said "they've stuck a well on our Island! They need to get off our Island." Seems like CMs along the River are a bit apprehensive to these changes as well. Its interesting, because it doesn't look new by any means. But in the same token, I don't recall ever seeing this out there, and apparently CMs don't either. Anyway, it sn't a well, but its somewhat similar in appearance. Anybody know what this is?

A raft was moored at the Settler's Cabin.

CAUTION!

MINE TRAIN BRIDGE WORK
    Not much has changed at all over at the site of the old Mine Train thru Nature's Wonderland bridge:

There's something orange hiding in the bushes...

A PEEK INSIDE THE CAVERNS
    Hmm...

Over at the Autopia exit ramp, the recently-installed photo booths are a congestion hazzard. I can only imagine how backed up this area will become on peak summer days after Nemo opens and people are flooding everything in Tomorrowland.

ST. PATRICK'S DAY MERCH

THIS & THAT
    The sky looked great last night at dusk:

...And Peoplemover1 (PMV - PeopleMoVer) was #1 at Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters. Ridiculous! I'm downthere at #9 (AMG - AndyMasterGracey), but when I first ranked, I was #6 for the day... but after another ride-thru I was bumped down to #9....

Allllright-- that's it for this time.
    Last edited by MasterGracey; 02-18-2007, 08:12 PM. Reason: Added the St. Patrick's day merch that I forgot.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

Re: PHOTO UPDATE 2/17: A look at Tom Sawyer Island, St. Patrick's Day merch, Subs, +

Originally posted by MasterGracey View Post
    A PEEK INSIDE THE CAVERNS
    Hmm...
    WOW, that's a serious something! It looks like a track of some sorts. Is it something that's used to transport things from one side to the other, or could it be an entirely new attraction?!

Thanks for the awesome pix!

...Joe...

Comment

Re: PHOTO UPDATE 2/17: A look at Tom Sawyer Island, St. Patrick's Day merch, Subs, +

Awesome update MasterGracey!! Especially the last picture! What happened to the picture that showed me up there at #1 and #4!!??? hahahaha
      Congrats to you for getting your first million!! Let the competition begin! :wave:

Great shots of the island! Thanks for your hard work.
      I'm addicted and I don't care!!! :yea:

Comment

A major new Dl expansion.

Constructionland

Comment

Awesome pics and congrats on the AWESOME Buzz scores. Man I wish I was riding that right now!!

Comment

Originally posted by peoplemover1 View Post
            Awesome update MasterGracey!! Especially the last picture! What happened to the picture that showed me up there at #1 and #4!!??? hahahaha
            Congrats to you for getting your first million!! Let the competition begin! :wave:

Great shots of the island! Thanks for your hard work.
            Hey, #1 and #7 ain't half bad either!
            I love my awesome crazy wonderful friends!!

"Do you remember in kindergarten, how you’d meet a kid,
            then 10 seconds later you’d be playing like you were best friends?"

:love:

Comment

Originally posted by peoplemover1 View Post
              What is the technique you use to attain such high scores ? Are you going for certain targets that have much higher values ? Are you repeatedly hitting said targets? Do you ever miss a shot ?
              --
              http://www.bewaterwise.com

Comment

Originally posted by JosephTNielsen View Post
                WOW, that's a serious something! It looks like a track of some sorts. Is it something that's used to transport things from one side to the other, or could it be an entirely new attraction?!
                Me thinks that's the Nemo sub's cavern. Look closely right hand side... neon fishes.
                Disney FAQ#275: What is DCA?
                DCA stands for Disney Construction Area. All the Cast Members are themed with hard hats and steel toed boots.

Comment

Originally posted by JosephTNielsen View Post

Thanks for the awesome pix!

...Joe...
                  Definitely. Its used to transport subs from one side to the other. LOL. If I'm not mistaken, this is the entrance of the show building for Nemo.
                  "Imagination is more important than knowledge" -Albert Einstein

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by hidnmickey View Post
                    Definitely. Its used to transport subs from one side to the other. LOL. If I'm not mistaken, this is the entrance of the show building for Nemo.
                    Haha, beat you by this ->| |<- much
                    Disney FAQ#275: What is DCA?
                    DCA stands for Disney Construction Area. All the Cast Members are themed with hard hats and steel toed boots.

Comment

Originally posted by monotonehell View Post
                      LOL. You only beat me because I went back and read the thread again to make sure I was reading it correctly.
                      "Imagination is more important than knowledge" -Albert Einstein

sigpic

Comment

awesome pics as always! thanx for sharing! :thumbup:

i bow to your BLAB skills! i have never even come remotely close to 1,000,000!!! :bow:
                        A true Disney gal…princess at heart, forever dreamer, constant believer :love: :ghug:

In serious need of a Disneyland trip
                        :captain: :ap: dMom

Check out my blog, Diary of a Disney Dork: http://diaryofadisneydork.blogspot.com/

Comment

Me thinks that's the Nemo sub's cavern. Look closely right hand side... neon fishes.
                          Originally posted by hidnmickey View Post
                          Sorry, I guess I shouldn't have assumed that everybody would have known that was the Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage cavern.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

Comment

Thanks for sharing! Wonderful report!

CHECK OUT MY NEW MUSIC LOOP THAT I DESIGNED
                            FOR AUTUMN TIME AT DISNEYLAND!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eL6fk6Ua54k

With kindest regards,
                            Maleficent Fan

disneymusicsamples | magicmusic.net

Comment

Originally posted by tinkermonkey View Post
                              Hey, #1 and #7 ain't half bad either!
                              Oh! HAHAHAA I didn't even see that I was # 7 on that one! hahaha I just remember that I got #1 and #4. Thanks for pointing that out to an old lady! hahahahaha :lmao:

Originally posted by ravencroft View Post
                              What is the technique you use to attain such high scores ? Are you going for certain targets that have much higher values ? Are you repeatedly hitting said targets? Do you ever miss a shot ?
                              I aim my gun at the targets.
                              yes
                              yes
                              No! hahahhahaaaa
                              I'm addicted and I don't care!!! :yea:

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X