This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Funny things overheard from guests

I know this has been brought up before, but I haven't seen it in a while. What funny things have you heard other people say about the parks and things related that were so unbelieveable or untrue. Here are two that I heard this weekend. First one had me laughing and the other had me thinking how sad and unbelieveable.

1) (at unload of POTC)
    Mom: I don't remember there being any drops on this the last time.
    Daughter: It didn't, they added them last year when they put in Jack Sparrow.

2) (while getting fastpasses for Soarin')
    Mom: You better get a fast pass if you want to ride later.
    Dad: I don't need one, they won't split up a family.
    Mom: But you will need one to get in.
    Dad: No I won't, they don't want to face a lawsuit for splitting a family up.

What are some of the other one's that you have heard?
    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

Re: Funny things overheard from guests

I overheard a little old lady exclaim, "Dumbo just dropped his coconuts to the ground!" :blush:
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

Comment

Working section B for Fantasmic!, I heard a pretty funny convo from a group:

Dad: This show is the light show with the water fountains and pryo and everything, right?
      Mom: No honey. First of all, call it Fantasia - that's the real name. Second, it doesn't have water fountains, it's only fireworks and characters on the island.
      -Fantasmic! ends-
      Mom: See? I told you they had water fountains in the show!
      Dad: But-
      Mom: OK, let's go to the castle quick!

Please don't come up to me calling it The Light Show, Fantasia, the water show, NOR do not ask me when the 9pm showing is. I might just tell you it starts 6pm EST.

Comment

Guest: I don't like the new Rockin Space Mountain, let's go complain to City Hall!

*Off they go.

Comment

Originally posted by DLandFansAZ View Post
          2) (while getting fastpasses for Soarin')
          Mom: You better get a fast pass if you want to ride later.
          Dad: I don't need one, they won't split up a family.
          Mom: But you will need one to get in.
          Dad: No I won't, they don't want to face a lawsuit for splitting a family up.
          Sounds like a Soarin' Cast Member was in for some fun later on that night. Working in the guest service industry, for some reason there is a pattern of alot of Dads who try and escape responsibility and stupid behavior by just threatening to sue at the drop of a hat. :rant::rant::rant:
          "If we cut the budget are you going to be the one standing at the exit explaining to guests why the ride they just rode is a piece of crap?" - - John Lasseter

Comment

It was in between Christmas/New Years 2000 - and I was 29 years old at the time. I was at the park waiting for a friend who wouldn't be there for an hour or so. I went to get a munchy from French Market and this actually nice group of teenagers were behind me talking about how cool it was that they all got to come to Disneyland and how happy that they could all be together and how they should talk a picture.

Just then, a tap on my shoulder and a voice that said, "Sir - would you mind taking our picture?" I said, "Sir?" Then one of them looked startled and said, "Oh....we mean Dude." I laughed, and I said, 'Not a problem guys....I'd be happy to take your picture."

It was shocking that I had been 'dude' in my mind, but to them I was 'sir'. But commendations were in order for their politeness - a rarity these days.

Comment

In Tomorrowland, this past weekend ....

Kid, around 10 years old or so, talking to his parents: "I couldn't get a picture with him because there were all these other people taking pictures and they wouldn't let me get close enough."

Dad: "Were they Orientals?"

Me, walking by, not minding my own business: "Dude, 'Oriental' is not the preferred nomenclature!"

True story.

(And yeah, for you Lebowski junior achievers, I know it's "Chinaman" in the movie. But Dad didn't say that.)
              Magic Journeys...

Comment

In the Disneyana shop on Main Street:

A young man and woman looking at figurines in the display cases, the guy pointing at one --

Guy: Hey, look it's the donkey boy from Pinocchio.
                Girl: Oh, cute. What's his name?
                Guy: Donkey Boy.
                Girl: Ooh. Donkey Boy.

.... this exhange made me laugh - hard. The tone in their voices was so classic - as if the character Lampwick's name really was "Donkey Boy"

Hilarious!

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

Comment

Originally posted by MasterGracey View Post
                  .... this exhange made me laugh - hard. The tone in their voices was so classic - as if the character Lampwick's name really was "Donkey Boy"
                  What? It isn't Donkey Boy, the second cousin of Donkey Kong? Those type of remarks are just plain hilarious. If you don't know, just say I don't know.
                  Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

Comment

In the middle of PoD
                    Person I know: Beast is hot.
                    Me: That would be like me saying Pinocchio is hot.
                    Person: Ooohhh!!!! You like Pinocchio!!!!!!!! Go kiss him!!!!
                    The daydream princess

Comment

wow these comments are hilarious and funny.lol.

Comment

Last year my husband and I just happened to be at Disneyland at the same time as my friend and her husband while they were on their honeymoon. We met up and rode a few rides together and saw the parade. Afterwards we were admiring the characters playing musical chairs with a group of very happy children. My friend's new husband turned to us as we walked away and said, "I don't see what the big deal is, they are just people in costumes."

I ABOUT SMACKED HIM DOWN RIGHT THEN AND THERE and he's like 6'6". My husband was appaled as well. I seriously could not believe what blasphemy was spoken right there on holy ground. Wow. Needless to say that was then end of our time spent with them at Disneyland.

Comment

while in like for the Aladdin show I saw a mom with her kid holding her hand and as they literally ran by the kid said " Mom the poo poo is comming out!!

haha i just about laughed for like 10 mins I though it was really funny!
                          "If you can dream it, you can do it."-Walt Disney

Comment

I wrote this some where else but I'll write it here too.

My sister and I were just leaving the ToT when we walked by this couple. The woman point at the Tower.

"Honey we should stay here sometime, it looks like a nice place."

Comment

(more disturbing than funny) heard from a dad and child in line for splash mountain:

child: (screaming and yelling) i don't want to go on the ride! i don't want to go down the big hill!

dad: don't worry, when we get up there we can ask the castmember to send us by the cute fuzzy animals only because there are two versions of the ride. you don't have to go down the hill.

i'd hate to think how this child felt after the ride!
                              A true Disney gal…princess at heart, forever dreamer, constant believer :love: :ghug:

In serious need of a Disneyland trip
                              :captain: :ap: dMom

Check out my blog, Diary of a Disney Dork: http://diaryofadisneydork.blogspot.com/

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X