X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disneyland Parking for only $0.25

Yes it is true for only .25 cents you can park at DL

that is if you can get back to 1963

On of my coworkers brought this to work to show me, because here everyone comes to me to ask disney questions.
    THIS SPACE FOR SALE OR LEASE

PRESIDENT OF THE DISNEYLAND LOOP LOVERS ASSOCIATION

Re: Disneyland Parking for only $0.25

I have one of those from the late 70's early 80's and I think it was the same price...or maybe 50 cents....

Comment

Unreal!!!!!!! .25 WHOLE CENTS? ha! Great ticket. Is this a part of your personal collection? I SO regret not keeping more stuff from my 40 years of going to DL. My parents didn't keep the stubs, etc. from when we went when I was a kid.

Comment

OMG! Thats rad!

NO DOUBT SUMMER 09 TOUR!
        MAY 22 SAN DIEGO/AUG 2 IRVINE

Comment

And before long...it was up to 50 cents.

The Opus Archives has hundreds of these in all price levels and colors! We never threw them out and started collecting them all the way back to Disneyland's earliest years. And we just kept collecting them! I don't think we ever threw anything away.

Many times we didn't have to pay a penny to park, which of course is even better than paying 25 cents!

What I like about those recent pulls from the Opus Archives of various comp parking tickets, is just how many different ways you can say, "Free."

And then there's always my favorite free parking tag:

Comment

Oh my gosh! That is so cool. All I have are a few ticket books from the 70's with all the E tickets gone.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
            all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Comment

Hmmm..25 cents in 1963 was about $1.61, adjusting for inflation, in 2006.

Glad to see Disney isn't sticking it to us by inflating the parking prices far beyond the inflation rate...

Comment

Originally posted by Steve DeGaetano View Post
                Hmmm..25 cents in 1963 was about $1.61, adjusting for inflation, in 2006.

Glad to see Disney isn't sticking it to us by inflating the parking prices far beyond the inflation rate...
                Steve your figure of $1.61 is so out dated, its up to at least $1.65 now
                THIS SPACE FOR SALE OR LEASE

PRESIDENT OF THE DISNEYLAND LOOP LOVERS ASSOCIATION

Comment

OMG the memories of those tickets. Especially the one with all the character's names on it! (I even think I remember the ones with just the letters).

That is why to this day I still make it a point of circling the character and aisle number on my ticket whenever I park there. It really helps at the end of a long day!

Comment

Originally posted by tahoebob54 View Post
                    Steve your figure of $1.61 is so out dated, its up to at least $1.65 now
                    True enough! Couldn't find a calculator that went to 2007, so that should be taken into account!

Comment

Originally posted by Steve DeGaetano View Post
                      Eh...don't worry too much about it. Water under the bridge now.

Besides, Disney has always done just fine with their own brand of inflation. Here's just a small example from the Opus Archives (I've got lots more!) of that:

On the very positive side...each and every one of those and all my others...are still valid today! What's a ticket these days? Sixty bucks? So personally, I don't think they owe me any credits for inflation.

In fact...if I had paid those face value ticket prices back then...I think that would have been a darn good investment that probably did better than inflation!

Comment

Was wondering when the parking lot Sections went to character names? Can't help but notice that these all had just alpha. I seem to remember Donald, Mickey etc

Comment

Originally posted by Kath2188 View Post
                          Was wondering when the parking lot Sections went to character names? Can't help but notice that these all had just alpha. I seem to remember Donald, Mickey etc
                          I don't know the exact date, but the fact that there is a Robin Hood section should be a clue that this happened around the early to mid '70's.

Comment

mine must have been the 50 cents version. It looked just like that...

i of course put it up for safe keeping...which means I'll find it in about 20 years....it took me almost 10 years to find my class ring after I put it away for safe keeping.

Comment

Originally posted by Kath2188 View Post
                              Was wondering when the parking lot Sections went to character names?
                              Can't help with the "when"...but the Opus Archives are ready to go with the "where."

Club 33 Members had their own special section right up front by the Main Gate in the Chip section. That was sure nice when I accompanied my Club 33 Member-friend to the Park and you just walked a few feet to the gate. No need for a locker when parking there!

Another piece of trivia about the old Disneyland Parking Lot...the Disney characters painted on the section signs were done by Disney Legend Bill Justice.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X