X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12 years ago Today

Walt's love of Trains!

Re: 12 years ago Today

My life is flashing before my eyes! It's been 12 years already? Good heavens!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

hey its old school time

Walt's love of Trains!

Comment

Did any ride NOT start out as a walk-through attraction?:P Do they just do it that way as a joke?:P All right so we've planned this new walk-through attraction *knowing chuckles around the table* Or maybe they just like to tell people that these great and detailed rides started out only as a simple walk through and oh goody what they became heh.

/I bet the carousel and teacups even started as a walk through
        //And how was exactly was Michael Eisner a special guest at that time? heh. Special guest, Michael Eisner! We're letting him into the park for free but just this once
        ///oh yeah and the ride itself turned out pretty good too

Comment

Yay! Happy Birthday to Indiana Jones Adventure!

If anyone is interested, from Wikipedia, here's a drawing of the range of motion on the Enhanced-Motion Vehicle(E.M.V.)...

Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.

~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Nice report.

I wonder... does anyone have construction pictures?
            I LUV DIZNEELAN. YAY

Comment

Originally posted by almandot View Post
              Did any ride NOT start out as a walk-through attraction?:P Do they just do it that way as a joke?:P All right so we've planned this new walk-through attraction *knowing chuckles around the table* Or maybe they just like to tell people that these great and detailed rides started out only as a simple walk through and oh goody what they became heh.

//I bet the carousel and teacups even started as a walk through
              Well the Disneyland Railroad never started out as a walk through.

Walt's love of Trains!

Comment

Hey check this out http://www.myspace.com/indianajonesadventure

Walt's love of Trains!

Comment

Badge given to guests attending the opening of the Indiana Jones Adventure attraction at Disneyland, Feburary 25-28, 1995.

Comment

Two questions...

In the first days of the ride's opening, how long exactly was the wait time, and where did it extend to? As far as Main Street?

Also, is Indiana housed in the building that has that camouflaged side facing Downtown Disney and the tram station?
                    Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.

~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

I was given this. and The first time I ever went on Indy

Walt's love of Trains!

Comment

Two questions...

In the first days of the ride's opening, how long exactly was the wait time, and where did it extend to? As far as Main Street?

Also, is Indiana housed in the building that has that camouflaged side facing Downtown Disney and the tram station?
                        Yes it would go all through the temple inside and out and then go back through adventureland along the Bazaar shops and up into Main Street for a couple weeks after its opening.

And also yes the 'camoflauge' building by downtown disney and where you get off your tram is where the show building is. You can hear the boulder crash every few seconds even. There's another camoflauge building a bit more back that holds Pirates. Previously to them building Indiana Jones the monorail would go along the Pirates one instead and the Pinocchio section of the parking lot filled the area(hence the Eeyore signs in the attraction etc).

Comment

Two questions...

When the ride open the line was 4hrs and went all the way down to the main gates.

The Green building is Indy and yes the sound effect of the rock crashing is going off every 18 seconds

Walt's love of Trains!

Comment

man i was there on opening night...and i thought i was young i feel old now...poor me...lol
                            "Permane Ser Sentados Por Favor"
                            "Watch out for anything that ssssslliittherzzz"
                            "Launch control, LV....Go ahead....All video recorders off."

Originally posted by Ride Warrior
                            I'm glad that you have an interest concerning postal delivery, mousephreak. We've needed better mail service for some time now. Therefore, with the power vested in me it is of great delight that I dub thee, Head Post Office Dude of Random. Arrise and start licking those stamps! We're backed up, and time is money. :thumbup:
                            If you won the lottery what would you do?
                            Originally posted by Wally
                            Buy a bunch of monkeys and have them re-enact the Civil War for my amusement.

Comment

This ride still remains as my favorite ride in the whole wide world !!

I think one of the reasons why it feels so magical is its location inside Adventureland, where it is tucked between jungle cruise and the tree house. This entrance to Indiana Jones is so ingeniously designed, it cannot possibly look any better anywhere else.

To be honest, I think the CA version is in a better location than the Tokyo Version. In the CA version, many people wondered how you can walk for miles and experience such a big attraction that is all squeezed into a building that looks no bigger than a small 2-story temple on the outside. And that's a big part of the Disney Magic !!

I am the picture guy---A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X