This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr Toad and his wild ride

Last time i checked the Disneyland website it had said that Mr Toad would be down for refurb this wednesday thru saturday (our next visit dates) yet while giving the calendar another glance this am its not on the list anymore! YAY!

can any confirm if the ride is open right now? or if anyone knows if it WILL be down this coming week, well heck i'd appreciate any info

thanks in advance!
    Will there be screams when the sun sets,
    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Originally posted by Tinkermonkey
    elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
    Originally posted by pratt55
    Elly is adorkable.

Re: Mr Toad and his wild ride

wait...Disneyland STILL has Mr Toad?! Ya'll suck!!! Man, I miss that ride.

Comment

oh ok. That is one of my favorite ride. I was sad when they got rid of this ride at WDW.
      Hayley B. - MiceChat's very own Delawarean. :bow:

Join MiceChat Gold.

Comment

Originally posted by Stitchy-poo View Post
        wait...Disneyland STILL has Mr Toad?! Ya'll suck!!! Man, I miss that ride.
        THey sure do and yes it does suck. But hopefully I will be able to goto Disneyland soon and will be able to ride Mr.Toad a few more times.
        Hayley B. - MiceChat's very own Delawarean. :bow:

Join MiceChat Gold.

Comment

i'm glad we have it, its one of my absolute faves!

but...is it open this coming week...that's the BIG question
          Will there be screams when the sun sets,
          -=Is It October Yet?=-

Originally posted by Tinkermonkey
          elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
          Originally posted by pratt55
          Elly is adorkable.

Comment

Originally posted by elly View Post
            i'm glad we have it, its one of my absolute faves!

but...is it open this coming week...that's the BIG question
            Yes, it is open this week. The rehabs for both Mr. Toad's Wild Ride and Alice In Wonderland were moved back until later in the spring.

What does suck however is that Disneyland's Winnie The Pooh has the worst version out of the four. On a scale of 1 to 10, Tokyo is a 10, WDW and Hong Kong are both a 7, and Disneyland is a 6. Thanks a lot Cynthia. Are you getting your unemployment checks from The Gap at your home address yet? How's that workin' out for ya?

But it should be noted that Disneyland is the undisputed king of classic dark rides. Disneyland has seven dark rides, plus Monsters Inc. next door at DCA, which makes a total of eight dark rides within a 15 minute stroll of each other at The Disneyland Resort.

Walt Disney World has three dark rides. Seriously, three. I'm not sure what happened there, but it couldn't be because they were busy making Pirates of the Caribbean better.

Tokyo has four dark rides, although that number includes their Winnie The Pooh which is more like a major E Ticket attraction that leaves you slack-jawed in amazement.

Paris also has three dark rides, but you kind of expect that type of attempt because, well, they are French.

Hong Kong has.... one dark ride. Pathetic.
            Last edited by TP2000; 03-03-2007, 09:00 PM.

Comment

Sheep go to heaven... toads, go to hell!
              “Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die.” ~ Mel Brooks

Comment

I'm with Toad...down we go!

Comment

Originally posted by TP2000 View Post

Walt Disney World has three dark rides. Seriously, three. I'm not sure what happened there, but it couldn't be because they were busy making Pirates of the Caribbean better.
                  What is your classification of a dark ride? They way I count it they have...
                  Snow White's Scary Adventures
                  The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
                  Peter Pan's Flight
                  The Haunted Mansion
                  Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin
                  Journey into Imagination with Figment
                  Spaceship Earth
                  Nemo's Undersea Adventure
                  Ellen's Energy Adventure

Now, maybe some of these are pushing it, but surely some of them should fall under the classification of "dark ride".
                  In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of fate.

DoppelV

Comment

Whats up with the mr. toad goes to hell thing, I have never ridden that ride, so how is it?

Comment

it's quite nice on a cold day =D

Comment

Whats up with the mr. toad goes to hell thing, I have never ridden that ride, so how is it?
                        in the ride the finale your car gets hit by a train and you drive thru hell
                        sigpicDISNEYROYALTY

Comment

Originally posted by DoppelV View Post
                          What is your classification of a dark ride? They way I count it they have...
                          Snow White's Scary Adventures
                          The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
                          Peter Pan's Flight
                          The Haunted Mansion
                          Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin
                          Journey into Imagination with Figment
                          Spaceship Earth
                          Nemo's Undersea Adventure
                          Ellen's Energy Adventure

Now, maybe some of these are pushing it, but surely some of them should fall under the classification of "dark ride".
                          In the theme park industry a "dark ride" consists of a small car traveling past sets. It is most often propelled by a bus bar ride system, and often uses black light paint effects. (Peter Pan is the big exception with the flying boats, but the scale and scope of the show sets are classic dark ride fare.)Snow White, Peter Pan and Winnie the Pooh are all classic dark rides. At Disneyland there are also Alice In Wonderland, Pinnochio, Mr. Toad and Roger Rabbit dark rides. Superstar Limo was the first 21st century dark ride at DCA, but it had a poor choice of subject matter and was shut down to become the excellent Monsters Inc. dark ride. When Disney Parks used ticket books, all of these dark rides typically required a C Ticket to experience. They were strictly middle of the road ride experiences that were never meant to be a "BIG DEAL!" during your day at Disneyland. Just fun little dark rides.

While the other rides on your list, many of them the signature attractions in Epcot pavilions, are "dark", they are not considered "dark rides" by the theme park industry. Things like Pirates, Mansion, etc. are on a much larger scale and become something entirely different than the Snow White ride. Most of those rides on your list are classic E Tickets, using advance animatronics, unique ride systems or boats, and big budget special effects and showmanship. They are definitely rides meant to be a "BIG DEAL!", and those that existed prior to the 1980's all required E Tickets to experience.

Disneyland is full of dark rides that are routinely maintained and updated. Walt Disney World has a small handful of dark rides, that quite frankly are not well maintained and are rather sad to see in their current neglected state.
                          Last edited by TP2000; 03-04-2007, 12:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by rex22 View Post
                            It's hot and steamy in that part of the ride. They heat the room and steam pours out of the demons eyes and out of holes in the rock walls. On a cold day it's a nice blast of hot and humid air. On a hot day it's, well, hellish.

Comment

Originally posted by rex22 View Post
                              for some reason that part of the ride really freaks me out so i never ride it. after getting hit by the train you go into this all red really hot and musty room with all these devils popping out at you
                              If we chase the stars to lose our shadow, Peter Pan and Wendy turned out fine.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X