X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Horses of Disneyland

This rolls out of my T/R

These are the name tags for DL Horse CMs and a few pictures of horses whose names I don't know yet. Maybe if you know them you can tell us. If you have any that aren't here feel free to add them on.

Orva, full view

King, side view

Ernie, very poor half side shot

Bert (on left) - rear side shot

(with the unamed, untagged mystery horse CM on right)

Unnamed, horse CM #1

This CM has a name tag you just can't read it.
    IMO - YMMV - FYIGM

Re: Horses of Disneyland

nice! very nice!

but you forgot the ones on the King Arthur's Carousel.

and this one
    a friend of Walt.

Comment

Adding to all the horsing-around, my Club 33 Member-Friend just yesterday gave me the following invitation that was sent to Club 33 Members, to add to the Opus Archives. Club 33 Members will be having the opportunity to visit the horses and other critters, and learn all about the backstage Circle D Ranch at the latest "Members Only" event:

Unfortunately...he's not going, so neither can I.

Comment

OMG! I did not realize they had name tags! I guess my eyes are always clouded by their beauty! Please see the handsome gentlehorse in my avatar. I met him at WDW. I wish I'd known he had a nametag! I love Disney horses! Thank you so much for posting these pics!
        I want my cake back!
        sigpic

Comment

Most of the ones I know at DL are named Candy or Brandi or Lola. They hang out under the old PM/RR platform.

I don't know whose idea of Tomorrowland that is, with them on every corner in the future, but it sure isn't very Disney-like.

Oh, the HORSES. Never mind.

Comment

Originally posted by disney jones View Post
            nice! very nice!

but you forgot the ones on the King Arthur's Carousel.

and this one

BULLSEYE!!! Wondered where he was when I saw Woody and Jessie.

Yanno ... I was going to post a seperate thread about King Arthur's Horses. But I'll ask it here. How do you tell Jingles from all the other white horses anyway? And does anyone have the link to their names (apparently DL CMs have named many if not all of them) I'm sure it appeared in a thread here before. Got it;

Originally posted by MsNikkiCole

Here's a little info for you...although I have no pics for you.
            • The white horses, 90-110 years old, were obtained throughout the United States and Canada and are all hand-carved and painted with no two exactly alike.
            • 22 karat gold leafing covers the carrousel's spires.
            • Horses (in alphabetical order): Alma, Arabian Knight, Avanti, Baby, Belle, Bruce, Centurion, Checkers, Checkers Jr., Champion, Chodis, Cinch, Copper, Crown Jewel, Crusader, Dagger, Daisy, Dante, Duke, Eagle Scout, Elinor, Elroy, Emerald, Fern, Flourish, Frenchy, Galaxy, Gypsy, Hal, Ivy, Jester, Jingles, Kaleidoscope, King Richard, Lance, Leo, Leprechaun, Lucifer's Rose, Lunatic, National Velvet, Patches, Pegasus, Penny, Queenie, Rally, Red Devil, Renaissance, Sapphire, Saxon, Screaming Eagle, Sea Biscuit, Sir Lancelot, St. Patrick, Steamer, Tartan, Tassel, Testy Pat, Thistle, Tiny, Topaz, Tulip, Turbo, Unice & Valance.
            This info is courtesy of the CM website itself! And yes, we have info like this just in case we get a question about it!

Enjoy!
            IMO - YMMV - FYIGM

Comment

Originally posted by Opus1guy View Post
              Adding to all the horsing-around, my Club 33 Member-Friend just yesterday gave me the following invitation that was sent to Club 33 Members, to add to the Opus Archives. Club 33 Members will be having the opportunity to visit the horses and other critters, and learn all about the backstage Circle D Ranch at the latest "Members Only" event:

Unfortunately...he's not going, so neither can I.

Very cool, maybe we'll end up with some nice photos posted on the board from someone who does make the trip. Sounds pretty cool.
              IMO - YMMV - FYIGM

Comment

Originally posted by seenoevil View Post
                OMG! I did not realize they had name tags! I guess my eyes are always clouded by their beauty! Please see the handsome gentlehorse in my avatar. I met him at WDW. I wish I'd known he had a nametag! I love Disney horses! Thank you so much for posting these pics!

Someone asked if anyone had pics of them in a thread once, at least that's how I recall it so on my next trip I started taking pics if I ran across them. Glad you enjoyed them.
                IMO - YMMV - FYIGM

Comment

Let's see, when will "daybreak" be around 7AM?

Comment

Originally posted by Uzmati View Post

Very cool, maybe we'll end up with some nice photos posted on the board from someone who does make the trip. Sounds pretty cool.
                    That would be cool. Did anybody go to the Disneyland Horse show?

Comment

Originally posted by Uzmati View Post
                      Yanno ... I was going to post a seperate thread about King Arthur's Horses. But I'll ask it here. How do you tell Jingles from all the other white horses anyway?
                      There is a photo of Jingles in DaddyB's "Disneyland On Your Desktop" Photo Update MARCH 6th. http://www.visionsfantastic.org/dadd..._06_Update.htm

I read somewhere that she is located as the first horse behind the wheelchair accessible bench on the outside rim of the Carousel. Can anyone else confirm?
                      Me,DH,DS-23 ,DD-15

Our Long Awaited, Long Awaited Trip Report November 2010
                      http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...post1056434199
                      Our First Trip to WDW December 2009
                      http://micechat.com/forums/walt-disn...16-2009-a.html
                      November 2008 trip report! Updated 1/13/09!
                      http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...23-2008-a.html

Comment

Aww, DJ!!

I have a friend named ernie. I will have to send him the ipcs of the horse w/his name! :lol:
                        Good morning, son
                        In twenty years from now
                        Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
                        And I can tell you 'bout today
                        And how I picked you up and everything changed
                        It was pain
                        Sunny days and rain
                        I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

I love the Disney horses. Silver must not have been out the day you took the shots.
                          :crazylegs

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X