This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Frog Princess in New Orleans Square

Does anyone have any thoughts about the prospect of the frog princess finding a home in the New Orleans Square area of Frontierland?

Re: The Frog Princess in New Orleans Square

Ha! I hadn't even thought of that, but I suppose it's inevitable, huh?

...as long as the pirates are willing to share their space!
    Magic Journeys...

Comment

Who the heck is the Frog Princess?
      Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
      it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

Comment

Originally posted by wolfy999 View Post
        Who the heck is the Frog Princess?
        I was thinking the same thing. . .
        If we chase the stars to lose our shadow, Peter Pan and Wendy turned out fine.

Comment

Isn't the frog princess the next disney hand-drawn animation feature? But why would it be in NOS?

Comment

Originally posted by Alice's Wonderland View Post
            But why would it be in NOS?
            The movie is supposed to take place in New Orleans.

Gee..sure would hate to see Jack and the gang bounced out by a toad.

Or they could just add it to the conglomeration that once was Tom Sawyer Island.

Comment

I read about this in the Hollywood Reporter. The Frog Princess will be Disney's first African-American Princess, and she lives in 1920's New Orleans.

I immediately thought about character appearances in that section of DL, and where she will go in Walt Disney World.

Comment

Originally posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
                I read about this in the Hollywood Reporter. The Frog Princess will be Disney's first African-American Princess, and she lives in 1920's New Orleans.
                So New Orleans supposedley has a princess? Or she just lives there like the Princess Diaries?

Comment

Dis drawing on N'awlins charm

By Georg Szalai and Paul Bond / THR

In New Orleans for its annual shareholder meeting, the Walt Disney Co. said Thursday that "The Frog Princess" the company's first hand-drawn animation project in years, will be set in the Crescent City and feature what John Lasseter called "the very first African-American Disney princess."

Set for a 2009 release... it will also have a "soulful singing alligator" said Lasseter.

FULL ARTICLE at HollywoodReporter.com

Comment

Here's some pictures from the meeting: (I don't want to spoil it for those who don't want to be spoiled! ) I love how Maddy looks!

http://news.yahoo.com/photo/070309/p...a7ePqRUPh8FxkF

Comment

Read about it from comingsoon.net

When I was reading I immediately thought of DL's NOS. Probably keep most of the Pirate stuff on TSI and a dash of TFP in NOS.

It's also a bit more understandable now why Alan Meken wouldn't be doing music for this film. Randy Newman grew up in NOS, so he's some what familar and has a connection between his life and the film...

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
                      -Jurassic Park

Comment

This is exactly why I frequent Mice Chat, so good to get the scoop!
                        I am glad that NOS will have a princess too.
                        This summer should tell the tale of how the pirates work out. I was at DL this week and was just enraptured with Captain Jack, one in particular is a dead ringer!

Comment

I liked the first portrait of Maddy. If they want Maddy in her flapper wear, they should put her in NOS, but when she's in princess form, she could do double duty and appear in Fantasyland, too.

Comment

Originally posted by filmfreak11 View Post
                            Read about it from comingsoon.net

When I was reading I immediately thought of DL's NOS. Probably keep most of the Pirate stuff on TSI and a dash of TFP in NOS.

It's also a bit more understandable now why Alan Meken wouldn't be doing music for this film. Randy Newman grew up in NOS, so he's some what familar and has a connection between his life and the film...
                            I wish they would have kept Menken. I just can't see Randy Newman doing Disney songs where characters burst into song. He's great with the background anthems for Pixar, but bringing to life a soulfull croc on the banks of the mississip? I'll have to wait and hope.
                            Women, they make the highs higher and the lows more frequent.

Comment

I think you can count on seeing characters from the film in and around NOS. Probably for about a year, and then they'll be seasonal.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X