X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheer Leaders Next Weekend

Hey all,

So next weekend I'll be in Disneyland. I was talking about my trip with a co worker, who is a cheer leader. She told me she'd be there the same days I was. Her reason was that there is some national cheer clinic, or competition of some sort going on. From what I heard from her, there's supposedly going to be "thousands" of cheerleaders flooding Disneyland next friday and saturday?

Personally me and my younger brother were extremely excited about this But should we be? Will it be soooo crowded that even cheerleaders won't make it worth huge crowds and long waits?

Re: Cheer Leaders Next Weekend

It's all fun a games until the screaming starts on POTC or the HM. I'd avoid the place like the pleague.
    When you wish upon a star, your dreams come true, but because of distance, not for millions of years.

This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"

Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Comment

Sounds like fun!!!

NOT!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Disneylandrocks55 View Post
        Personally me and my younger brother were extremely excited about this But should we be? Will it be soooo crowded that even cheerleaders won't make it worth huge crowds and long waits?
        My WDW trip was ruined my a cheerleader convention. Seriously screaming on everything, even the tamest of the tame rides. I'm with the poster who said avoid it like the plague. But boys will be boys, just be advised.

Comment

Last weekend there were the Jr. Nationals (for cheerleaders) going on at DCA on Sunday, I was surprised by how many of them you could see, but frankly, judging from the crowds on Monday and Tuesday, they really do not make much of a difference, just that we are now getting into "spring" season, and it seems like the parks are showing the enthusiasm of the masses. Even with the crowded walkways, the rides seemed to be around 20 minute waits.
          I would not alter your plans based on the Cheerleader infusion, just enjoy the sites.

Comment

Originally posted by phruby View Post
            It's all fun a games until the screaming starts on POTC or the HM. I'd avoid the place like the pleague.
            You basically said it all right there :bow:

Comment

The cheerleaders that were here a couple of weekends ago were here for Jr. Nationals like Kath2188 said. They left early Sunday and Monday morning. Majority of them arriving on Friday and Saturday. The ones that are coming on the next weekend are the high school nationals from what I understand. They will be a nightmare. They will be screaming alot more than Jr. Nationals was, just because majority of Jr. Nationals was 3 to 13. They are pretty tame. I am so not looking forward to the next batch of girls.

Comment

here here!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by phruby View Post
                  oy yeah,....... yikes.. the screaming, I can still hear it

Comment

Lucky for me I think, I am going to disneyland this tues.

Comment

I made the unfortunate mistake of being there last year that weekend. I'm not making THAT error again!!

Comment

More cheerleaders? Gad.

Comment

it appears there will be cheerleading/spirit events every weekend in march and the number of attendees go up every weekend.

Comment

Don't tell me that.

Comment

There will also be cheerleaders there the following weekend. My bf's sister is a high school cheerleader and they are going Mar. 22-25th for Nationals. We were supposed to go, but we are headed out of town after I work on Saturday...thankfully! I've been there once when there were cheerleaders and it made going on any of the mountains very annoying. Yes I know not all are like that, but some are just a little too spirited for me!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X