No announcement yet.

Trip Report (Late): President's Day Weekend

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trip Report (Late): President's Day Weekend

February 15-24, 2007 (At Disneyland the 16th-18th)

Finally got around to getting my photos uploaded so thought I would take a minute to type up a late trip report (my first one!).

This was a last minute trip so we decided to surprise the kids. After getting everyone off to school I packed up the van for our marathon drive from Buckley, WA (Near Tacoma) to Disneyland prior to a 4-night cruise leaving on Monday. I really wanted 3 full days at the parks so was motivated to drive straight through.

Packed up and ready to go:

Picked up the kids just after noon. The were shocked and disbelieving but once they saw that we were really packed up and on the road it began to sink in that we were really on our way to California. Made it to Roseburg, OR for dinner and were just coming down the mountain into LA at 6:30am. The drive through LA on a Friday morning was not too bad except that one of the kids had an earache as he could not get his ear to pop. Stopped for a McDonalds breakfast and quick change of clothes and were walking through the turnstiles at 8:30, mission accomplished.

Why is the walk through attraction closed anyways? Nobody even believes me anymore that it exists:

Pretty happy with the crowds on Friday, made the most of the fastpasses and avoided any lines longer than 20 minutes. We were able to hit all of the fantasyland rides except Peter Pan. Went on Rockin Space Mountain, everyone thought this was great but were glad to know that next visit it would be back to normal. I took high score for our group on Buzz. Buzz was much more fun than Florida as you knew when you hit the target and could actually hold the gun.

We then made our way through Adventureland hitting Jungle Cruise, grabbing Indy Fastpasses, riding Pirates, Haunted Mansion and Pooh.

Worst Jungle Cruise skipper of all time (think Eyeore):

Prior to the trip I purchased 45 pins for trading. This turned out to be the perfect number for three kids for three days. We found very few cast members with lanyards for trading compared to Disney World last year but those with lanyards were happy to wait and be inspected over and over again.

That's me with my future bride:

Lunch was the worst part of the day. We stopped in at Village Haus (Probably enough said right there). Long line but we were ready to eat. I ran off to get fasspasses for Roger Rabbit and Space Mountain, got back and the boys were standing around looking for a table, I checked in with the girls who were almost to the register and went out and found a nice table outside. After sitting at the table for 10 minutes or so I realize that nobody else is joining me but I did not want to lose my table either. I finally gave in and went back inside just as the food was arriving. Of course there were only 4 chairs for the five of us, the younger ones were fighting, and the drive was catching up with me. By the time we finished eating everyone was getting back into the spirit of things and we were off to Toontown. Stayed until the fireworks and then back to the hotel to catch some sleep for early entry on Saturday.

Had a hard time with the camera today, poor focus on many shots:

We went back to Disneyland after dinner, probably around 8:00pm, and it was packed. I had been wanting to check out the Disney Gallery so we slowly (little tiny steps) made our way over. Got out of the park in a hurry as there was no way we were going to deal with the crowd. Watched the fireworks from the parking lot and hotel. We had a balcony in our room that had a partial view of the fireworks and when we went in our daughter ran FULL steam into the sliding door. Wish we had a video camera on her for that performance as it was a winner.

9:30 Sunday Morning, pretty light crowd:

Pin trading has replaced autograph signing for our gang:

After lunch we spent some time (and money) in Downtown Disney. I sprinted through California Adventure for Tower and Screamin fastpasses while the rest browsed World of Disney. Went back to the hotel for an afternoon of swimming before heading back to California Adventure after dinner.

Maybe you folks can tell me though. Does gettin' two womenfolk mean you're the winner or the loser?
    ~Mine Train Through Nature's Wonderland

Re: Trip Report (Late): President's Day Weekend

Thanks! Love the pics. It really is a small world, we were there this same weekend, and have pics of the very same guy blindfolded at the pre show of Billy Hill!

great report! nice looking family to . thanks

Looks like you all had a great time, thanks for the pics...

Great trip report. Makes we wish I were there but then again, what doesn't? Great pics. Great looking family.
          Oooh weeee! Weren't you lucky to get a chance at Sally Mae! How'd that turn out? We love the shows. I am trying to get my DH to go in and sit still long enough for the Billy Hill show. Don't you think Sally Mae and Billy would make a fine looking pair!
          Hope your daughter's okay after the run-in with the glass!
          Pin trading..., hmmm, sounds like something new to try next time.
          Me,DH,DS-23 ,DD-15

Our Long Awaited, Long Awaited Trip Report November 2010

Our First Trip to WDW December 2009

November 2008 trip report! Updated 1/13/09!

Great TR!
            sorry you had to experience Village Haus, though
            Good morning, son
            In twenty years from now
            Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
            And I can tell you 'bout today
            And how I picked you up and everything changed
            It was pain
            Sunny days and rain
            I knew you'd feel the same things...

Yay for the Seahawks shirt on your kiddo!

Great photos and report. Thanks so much for sharing with us. Looks like a great time to get out of Seattle! I'd like to get out about now!!!

great report! thanx for sharing! :thumbup:
                A true Disney gal…princess at heart, forever dreamer, constant believer :love: :ghug:

In serious need of a Disneyland trip
                :captain: :ap: dMom

Check out my blog, Diary of a Disney Dork:

A very nice first trip report. Thanks for sharing

I am so glad you shared your trip report, it was very nice reading all about your family's trip. You took us through it as if we were with you! Sounds like you had a fabulous trip.
                    You had obvioulsy been to WDW last year, when was your last Disneyland trip?

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 3,719 at 09:15 AM on 07-20-2012.