This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disneyland Books

so what do you all think about all the Disneyland "Secrets" & "rumors", "Cast Member Stories" books? Do you all enjoy reading them and think that they're worth the purchase?

Re: Disneyland Books

Like the David Koenig Mouse Tales'?
    I like them i don't know if I'd pay too much for them but they amuse me
    Is this haunted signature
    actually
    stretching?

Or is it your imagination, hmm?
    Rockin' Lady Adelade of Random
    also known as...
    Dominatrix of Randomness

Comment

I love the Mouse Tales books and I went through them so fast! I'm always up for learning something new about Disneyland and I definitely think they are worth it...especially the Mouse Tales books by David Koenig.
      http://www.facebook.com/silverpsycho
      Always looking for new Disney friends.

Comment

I like those books a lot, just like Disney Liz I, I always want to read about Disneyland. Even hearing about the bad stuff has not deterred me from the same love I have for the place. One book I highly recommend NOT reading, even though it isn't specifically about Disneyland but the man himself, is Walt Disney Hollywoods Dark Prince. This book is so horrible and reads like a conspiracy theory tabloid paper, it is not worth a glance. Sorry a bit off topic but had to get it off my chest.

Comment

MouseTales are awesome books! I've heard he's doing a 3rd book too.

Comment

^ Awesome! Can't wait.
            I like Disneyland books but some of them have to be taken with a grain of salt. Mainly because the park changes so much it's kind of hard to keep them up to date without repriting new editions every few months. Sometimes the're just not researched enough and include things that are misss quoted or just plain fabricated.
            --MusicMouse
            Join The one Campaign. make poverty history.

Check out SILAS a band from Eugene Oregon
            Peep 'em here:

The official band page
            Help the musicians of New Orleans bring back the music at
            MusicRising.org

Amnesty International

Comment

I'll put a plug in for Kevin Yee's wonderful
              "101 Things You Never Knew About Disneyland"

Comment

i like them. i own both mousetales books, 101 things you never knew about disneyland, magic quizdom: disneylandia minutiae semper absurda, and mouse under glass.
                A true Disney gal…princess at heart, forever dreamer, constant believer :love: :ghug:

In serious need of a Disneyland trip
                :captain: :ap: dMom

Check out my blog, Diary of a Disney Dork: http://diaryofadisneydork.blogspot.com/

Comment

Walt Disney Hollywoods Dark Prince
                  Why is it bad? I just purchased Walt Disney: An American Original

I have not read it yet, but i opened up random pages and began reading and loved it, what's the other book about?

This book also seemed very intriguing http://www.amazon.com/Liars-Guide-Di...090993&sr=1-14
                  Last edited by Zeus; 03-16-2007, 05:25 PM.

Comment

Well, it's not about Disneyland per se, but I've heard this might be a neat book :

http://www.steampassages.com/kimballbook.shtml

Comment

I have never read a book about Disneyland!
                      Good morning, son
                      In twenty years from now
                      Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
                      And I can tell you 'bout today
                      And how I picked you up and everything changed
                      It was pain
                      Sunny days and rain
                      I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

why not? You should, I guess...

One thing I think there needs to be is a GOOD Disneyland movie, I know certain TV Stations have done "Behind the Scenes" look and what not...but they all still glamorize the way rides work and the Backstage areas of Disneyland, I want to see one that's actually truthful, bad or good I think it would be a good idea, even though Disney would NEVER do so..

Comment

Originally posted by NeverNeverland View Post
                          I have never read a book about Disneyland!
                          Well, get crackin! haha!

Comment

Originally posted by I Heart Disneyland View Post
                            MouseTales are awesome books! I've heard he's doing a 3rd book too.
                            Oh wow a third book for the series! I am so excited if this becomes true.
                            http://www.facebook.com/silverpsycho
                            Always looking for new Disney friends.

Comment

Originally posted by Zeus View Post
                              Why is it bad? I just purchased Walt Disney: An American Original

I have not read it yet, but i opened up random pages and began reading and loved it, what's the other book about?

This book also seemed very intriguing http://www.amazon.com/Liars-Guide-Di...090993&sr=1-14
                              American Original is a good one and the one that just came out by Neal Gabler is an excellent one as well.

As for the Dark Prince one, well, the author has a lot of slanderous things to say about Walt. Even going so far as to try and argue that Walt was actually born ten years earlier to a completely different mother. The author argues that Elias was just a drunken, gambling, womanizer, completely 180 from what I have read about the man from every other source.

The book also tries to paint Walt as a racist and that most of the time he stole most of his ideas or was not as original as everyone thinks. The book tries to discuss that Walt was heavily involved with the HUAC(House of Unamerican Activities Committee.) That he was more an FBI informant than a movie maker.

The book is poorly written in my opinion and seems to be trying to bring Walt Disney down than to report the truth. I even read somewhere that, I believe it was Diane Disney Miller, Diane had tried to sue the author or tried to take some action against him because she felt the book was completely ridiculous.

Well that about sums it up. Sorry about the length. Also don't let me railroad anybody, check it out for yourself and let me know what you think. I'm always open for a different take on things. Happy Reading!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X