Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do Cast Members enter the parks?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • How do Cast Members enter the parks?

    Just wondering.....do they go through back entrances or cut through the front of the main entrance lines?

  • #2
    Re: How do Cast Members enter the parks?

    Hmm..I've wondered that too. Maybe through the Harbor Blvd. cast entrance or parking or whatever it is.
    The daydream princess

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: How do Cast Members enter the parks?

      Do you mean for work or just to go to the park?

      For work, most have to check in at Harbor Pointe, which is the cast entrance. It is over by the transportation center off Harbor. There are other CM entrance points but this is the main one.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: How do Cast Members enter the parks?

        Originally posted by PrincessY View Post
        Do you mean for work or just to go to the park?

        For work, most have to check in at Harbor Pointe, which is the cast entrance. It is over by the transportation center off Harbor. There are other CM entrance points but this is the main one.
        CM's never (that I know of) go through the main gates if they are reporting for work. In my day, Harbor Pointe was called Harbor House ( a shack basically with a security checkpoint and timeclocks and cards). It was great. As soon as you pulled off the South 5 at Harbor, it was a quick right turn and you were there. The guest entrance to the main DL parking lot (now the "Harbor" entrance near Timon) was just a bit further south.

        --Barry
        God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: How do Cast Members enter the parks?

          Yup, if CM's are working that day, they usually go through the gate at Harbor Pointe, which is right next to the cast member shuttle from K-lot. If they are there to visit, they can just go to the main entrance gates, present their employee ID, and the ticket taker will print out a sort of "replacement ticket" for the day.


          Comment


          • #6
            Re: How do Cast Members enter the parks?

            Originally posted by DisneyPrincess4590 View Post
            Just wondering.....do they go through back entrances or cut through the front of the main entrance lines?
            Sprinkled with Pixie Dust and fly over the berm

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: How do Cast Members enter the parks?

              When they are signing friends/relatives into the park, they go through the front entry gates

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: How do Cast Members enter the parks?

                Originally posted by PrincessY View Post
                Do you mean for work or just to go to the park?

                For work, most have to check in at Harbor Pointe, which is the cast entrance. It is over by the transportation center off Harbor. There are other CM entrance points but this is the main one.
                One of the many things I don't envy DL CM's of today is...the extra hassle you folks must have just to report for work. (Park offsite, shuttle in, etc...)

                --Barry

                PS...And we used to complain about walking in from "C" lot.
                God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: How do Cast Members enter the parks?

                  Originally posted by Radiobarry View Post
                  One of the many things I don't envy DL CM's of today is...the extra hassle you folks must have just to report for work. (Park offsite, shuttle in, etc...)

                  --Barry

                  PS...And we used to complain about walking in from "C" lot.
                  Could be worse. They could herd us with dogs and cattle prods.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: How do Cast Members enter the parks?

                    And up until about 7-10 (?) years ago, at the Main Gate all the way to the right at the turnstiles closest to the old Guest Relations window and the current Kennel area, there was a separate "Complimentary Pass Entrance." This was where anyone with a comp ticket, or Cast visiting the Park, or Silver Passers, or Club 33 Members...entered with their parties.

                    Back then most of the "ID" type complimentary admission media (Main Gate Pass, Silver Pass, Club 33 card) required "signing in" on clipboards and manually recording card numbers and name and getting a signature, which is why they had their own dedicated gate...so as not to slow down the regular Guest lines with all that paperwork.

                    But once they went electronic at the Gates...there was no longer a need to have a separate gate for comp sign-ins...so that was done away with and now all those types of sign-ins and comps use any of the public turnstiles.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: How do Cast Members enter the parks?

                      If you enter though the transportation hub, you will of course see the big building bordering the park. If you look closely by the kennels you will see an entrance to the building where CM's enter/ Don't try enter it though! Security is there to check if you are a CM too!
                      Friend walks into line of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh-
                      "Come on, Let's go see Country Bear- .......Oh."
                      -August 1st 2010

                      And this elevator traverls directly to The Twilight Zone The Gift Shop!
                      -August 2nd 2010

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: How do Cast Members enter the parks?

                        Originally posted by Radiobarry View Post
                        CM's never (that I know of) go through the main gates if they are reporting for work. In my day, Harbor Pointe was called Harbor House ( a shack basically with a security checkpoint and timeclocks and cards). It was great. As soon as you pulled off the South 5 at Harbor, it was a quick right turn and you were there. The guest entrance to the main DL parking lot (now the "Harbor" entrance near Timon) was just a bit further south.

                        --Barry
                        I saw a TOT bell hop walking past me through the Harbor Entry to the Security check point fully dressed in costume.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: How do Cast Members enter the parks?

                          Originally posted by DisneyPrincess4590 View Post
                          Just wondering.....do they go through back entrances or cut through the front of the main entrance lines?
                          Thru the main gate? As a house guest? You'd be ashes before you took your second step.

                          I thought cast members just live there 24/7 since they can't aford to live anywhere else.
                          When you wish upon a star, your dreams come true, but because of distance, not for millions of years.

                          This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"

                          Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: How do Cast Members enter the parks?

                            Originally posted by phruby View Post
                            Thru the main gate? As a house guest? You'd be ashes before you took your second step.

                            I thought cast members just live there 24/7 since they can't aford to live anywhere else.
                            Actually there is a special area specifically designated and designed for Cast Members and themed to their treatment and status.

                            It's called SpittoonTown

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: How do Cast Members enter the parks?

                              They park off of Katella and Haster, than take a shuttle into work where it drops them off (sorta where the Timon parking trams are) Off to the far right, it's called Harbor Pointe, they enter there and than report to their line of business. --This being the main one.

                              There's also the TDA parking structure off of Ball Rd., and another Lot off of Ball. Cast Member's will occasionally be in line at the main gate, but it is to get their friends into the park for free.

                              When cast members come into the park to hangout and go on rides they have to do so as if they didn't even work there, like a normal guest, via the parking structure, trams, etc...only difference is they use their Cast Member ID to get into the park(s) instead of an AP or ticket.

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X