X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disneyland Treasures

Unique wonderful things about Disneyland

Fantasmic
    ColumbiaBilly Hill and the HillbilliesRemember ... Dreams Come True Fireworks showMatterhorn BobsledsFantasylandToontownTiki RoomPirates of the CaribbeanNew Orleans SquareIndiana JonesRivers of America CanoesBlue BayouMonorailUnique, wonderful things about the Magic Kingdom at WDW

MK has many wonderful things too. Here is my list:

Seven Seas LagoonElectrical Water PageantThe CastleCrystal PalaceWishes Fireworks showSplash MountainCountry Bears JamboreeHall of PresidentsWinnie the PoohThe Harmony Barbershop on Main StreetPeoplemovers (Tomorrowland Transit Authority)Carousel of ProgressTimekeeper
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

You named practically everything in the park. Uh..Shrunked Ned Machine in the Bazaar and the upstairs window sounds on Main Street. Dentist, Hotel, etc.
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

Comment

I like the lists- I think you've done a good job naming the unique things at each park. Also, for DL, there is something to be said that it is the ORIGINAL!- There is a sense of history that can't be gotten elsewhere.

BTW, Cousin Orville, I can't decide whether to laugh hysterically at your avatar or be incredibly insulted! If it was anybody else but you, I think I'd be upset, but with your history, i have to say it's funny.

Comment

Haha, I didn't even notice the avatar until you mentioned it. Hilarious!

Comment

I thought this thread was about the Disney Treasures DVDs. But I do think Disneyland is way better than Disney World.

Comment

I've never been to WDW so I can't comment on that park. I would like to add one additional bit of magic to the Disneyland list: The Firetruck. I have a personal passion for antique automobiles so that in itself makes it a little special... but the real bit of magic for me is knowing that this little firetruck was Walt's personal toy. Knowing that on a foggy early morning he would tour Disneyland in it. And today, I can ride along. It's a gossamer thread to another time... another place... and the man that created The Happiest Place On Earth.
            "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
            -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

Comment

Re: Disneyland Treasures

As a displaced Californian now in FLA, I appreciate and miss DL's charm. Love the world, but Disneyland (and I refuse to call it Disneyland Park!) has definitive advantages over WDW. Scale is a big part of that DL charm. Main Street USA's 7/8ths scale creates a more dreamlike quality than MKs. Main Street is far too massive in the MK and I believe this is carried over to the castle. DLs castle is subtle and beautiful instead of the in-your-face version in FLA. And offset by the Matterhorn, the DL vista from the hub is spectacular.

Each park has its unique atributes as you've all mentioned, but for pure charm and nostalgia, especially for those of us who now share the magic with our kids, you can't beat Storybookland, the Casey Jr. or NO Square. Of course Epcot, MGM and DAK kick DCA's little butt (oops, can I say "butt" here?)

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X