This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long will sub line be when it opens let the guessing begin

How long will sub line be when it opens???

Let the Guessing begin...

My guess a 3 hour wait
    :crazylegs

Re: How long will sub line be when it opens let the guessing begin

Didn't another thread go through this? I can't recall.

I figure it will average 45 minutes to 1 hour for the first week or two...and will improve as the summer wanes.

Comment

What was the longes time for Pirates of the Caribbeen when it reopen.

I would say the same for Sub.

2 1/2 hours
      AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day šoš 2010
      Alan

Toy Story Mania construction:
      Older photo
      New Photo

Member of
      MiceChat WDW Trip
      Next trip
      2014 Dec, 31

Comment

I read that when Space Mountain opened that the line stretched all the way to Town Square, Indy was similar wasn't it? I can't imagine Nemo being any different.

Comment

you think that short?? Waits for EXISTING rides can get that high at WDW :o

Soarin can be 90-120 quite commonly.. and space can be over an hour all the time in busy periods.

What was the longes time for Pirates of the Caribbeen when it reopen
          Except pirates has a capacity/hr that DWARFS the subs

Comment

Having waited 3+ hours for Space Mountain when it first opened, I would guess Nemo to be 3-4 hours. How long? Figure it will wrap around and head to IASW thru the gardens by Matterhorn, and where the Christmas line for IASWH goes....
            If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

Comment

2-3 hours probably.
              Still wishing for that AP....:blush:

Future Imagineer, right here!

"Have I really been on MiceChat for TWO HOURS?!?!?!?" -Me

Comment

3-4 hours

Comment

I think I'll sit down at the edge of the Tomorrowland Terrace closest to the line with a big cinnamon roll and blended mocha and just watch the line. By the time they get to that part of the line they should be hungry and tired....yeah, that's the ticket.

Comment

We have three main types of park visitors

Regular Visitors (now mostly AP holders)

The person who only visits rarely (mainly out of town tourists)

Cast Members.

Now, let's take care of the CM's first, hopefully most CM's will get a chance to ride while Disney tests the attraction, works on loading issues, etc., since DOSH regulations allow CM's to ride even if DOSH hasn't signed off on the ride. So hopefully we won't have many off-duty CM's standing in the lines. CM's are blocked out on July 4th, and then July 13th thru August 19th.

There is a big difference between Regular Visitors (AP holders) and the out of town guests, and that is the AP holder has for the most part pretty much experienced the entire park and all of its attractions (at least the ones they are interested in), while a visitor hasn't seen most of the park or hasn't seen it in years, so there is a desire to make sure and get to see a lot of things.

On the other hand, regular visitors will see the Sub Lagoon commercials (since most live in the SoCal area) and will make a special trip just to ride the Subs (and of course, check out other favorites).

So you have two groups of people, with two very different values in regards to the wait time.

The visitors will have a much shorter wait time maximum. If they see 2 hours, there is a much higher possibility that they will decide to go see and ride other things instead of waiting.

On the other hand, the folks who go to the park JUST to ride the subs (AP holders and CM's who didn't get to ride during the CM previews) will wait a much longer time, as that was the reason they showed up. At some point, even most AP holders won't be willing to wait, but I would say that 4 hours will be agreeable to many AP holders just to get a chance to see the ride.

Now, most AP holders are either SoCal or SoCal select AP holders, and they have limited dates to see Finding Nemo prior to being blocked out for the summer.

The regular SoCal AP is blocked out for about half of June, all of July and most of August.

So here are the dates that SoCal AP holders have a chance to ride, based on the ride opening June 11th.

Monday, June 11th
                    Tuesday, June 12th

Sunday, June 17th
                    Monday June 18th
                    Tuesday, June 19th

Sunday June 24th thru Friday, June 29th.

The next day that the SoCal AP's can enter without buying a blockout pass is Sunday August 19th.

And based on the long lines for the first few days that Pirates was open last June, the lines dropped in size on the first day the SoCal AP's were blocked out.

So, my educated guess, Wednesday June 13th lines will be shorter than the 11th or 12th, but I still see a long line on the 13th, but still noticeably shorter than a day that the SoCal's can attend. I think the 17th and the 24th will be the two days with the longest wait, due to the combination of a weekend and SoCal AP's can enter.
                    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Comment

my guess is WAY TOO LONG!
                      ~ A Cute, Little, Fuzzy, Silly, and Chubby Cast Member ~

Comment

Originally posted by akfandisney View Post
                        What was the longes time for Pirates of the Caribbeen when it reopen.

I would say the same for Sub.

2 1/2 hours
                        well if space was 3 hour

I going change my guess to 3 1/2 hour to 4 hour

Good Break down on the Nemo sub queue line Darkdeer.
                        Last edited by akfandisney; 04-05-2007, 07:49 AM.
                        AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day šoš 2010
                        Alan

Toy Story Mania construction:
                        Older photo
                        New Photo

Member of
                        MiceChat WDW Trip
                        Next trip
                        2014 Dec, 31

Comment

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllllllyyyyyyyyy y Llllllllllooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnngggggggggg
                          sigpic

Comment

I also think 3-4.

Comment

My guess is that it will be long enough to discourage me from riding it for a year or so, but not long enough to discourage others ...

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X