Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need Opinions- What you want in future Parades!!!

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Opinions- What you want in future Parades!!!

Hey there,

I am trying to get some opinions and comments on this subject:

What would all of you like to see in future Disney parades?

This can include everything from costumes to floats to music to theme/motif.
    Please, please by specific and thoroughly describe what you would like to see.
    This is about future parades, not the current ones running.

thanks
    tcsnwhite

Audience interaction.

Parade of Dreams does it minimally, but Block Party Bash excells in it. Interaction with the audience gives off an energy that is incredibly infectious and makes for an all together better parade.

Comment

Get a video of Lion King Celebration parade. Then figure it out.

Comment

I have that parade video, thank you very much.

What I am looking for are people's specific ideas/opinions of what they would like to see.
        but I see where you're coming from.

Comment

Party Gras was a GIANT hit...the music, the interaction with the spectators, totally upbeat and fun! Make it an annual Summer Celebration...complete with the beads, coins, etc!

By the way....I'll bet you could sell a DVD of previous parades at Disneyland (DL only...don't include other parks.....) ... oh, and you can leave out Light Magic!
          ....it all began with a Mouse...

Comment

What I really liked about Mulan and PoD is the fact the Parade has multiple things to see.

Mulan - acrobats, street dancers, sword play

PoD - trampline, rope, bungee

Also missing from current parades is the sheer grandure of the former parades. 76 Trombines literally meant 76 trombones. The Marching Soldiers were impressive by the sheer number.

Don't give us a couple Disney characters - empty out the costume room. Keeps things lively, flashy, inspiring.

I hope that is specific enough for you.

RU

Be sure to visit my site!

Comment

maybe a parade of attraction floats, with the characters on looking like they're actually riding the ride. Disney sells toys of the characters riding the rides and I think they sell pretty good
              wdw-87 fort wilderness with fam.
              00 off property with future wife
              00 carribean beach with fam. for x-mas
              01 all star ask her to marry me also x-mas
              02 off property with inlaws
              03 polynesian with wife and fam. 3 days from wed.
              06 port orleans french quarters with wife for one day

Comment

Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

Comment

Originally posted by tcsnwhite
                  I have that parade video, thank you very much.

What I am looking for are people's specific ideas/opinions of what they would like to see.
                  but I see where you're coming from.
                  Trouble is I don't know what I want to see until I see it. I'm not the creative person here.
                  Also, it helps to have a great movie to create off of.

Comment

I'd like to see some clever technology. It was the interlocking music that impressed me with the Main Street Electrical Parade back in the day. With today's computers, I'd expect to see the areas the parade moves through change to reflect the float passing by much like the whole park is used in the current fireworks show.

I'd like to see stronger visual themes that capture the imagination. Something that presents itself as a spectacle. I remember a parade as a child with a whole royal court of dancers doing period dance all lit by period lamps. It was like a scene from a movie.

I'd like to see more hot chicks. I know that's the timeless lure of parades, but it's worth saying. Hot chicks are good.

In summary, Technology, Spectacle, Hot Chicks.

Comment

Originally posted by disney24/7
                      maybe a parade of attraction floats, with the characters on looking like they're actually riding the ride.
                      This is actually what I was hoping the 50th parade would be, something completely Disneyland-centric. Instead, we get yet another generic "Beauty and the Beast" and "Lion King" unit. Like that hasn't already been done to death! At least the lead unit is the Train Station and the finale is Sleeping Beauty Castle, but everything inbetween is a little, I don't know, generic.

(I haven't actually seen PoD in person, only pictures and video.)

I know this doesn't really answer the question posed in the thread... sorry.
                      "George Bush... is only for now."
                      Avenue Q

Just because it's gone doesn't mean I changed my mind! :cwink:

Comment

I was thinking about it for a while. What theme could been done other than a party. It would have to be one that both kids and adults would like.

Then I thought of it. What about a parade of sweets? Cookies, cakes, candy, pies, chocolate. Then have the characters ride floats of their favorite sweets.

This theme would be colorful. It would put the characters in a slightly different setting. You could have a giant cupcake go down the street. A giant gumdrop. Then a gummy-bear float. Of course, you have to have Ice Cream. You could even finish it off with a banana-split with Mickey riding a giant cherry!

I know that it sounds kind of corny, but if all the other elements were included, it would be fun. For the magic part, what about releasing smells of the different floats, like cinnamon, banana bread, chocolate, strawberry, pumpkin and apple pie.

It is just an idea that I had. I am sure that there are others.
                        Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

Comment

I like the candy idea JiminyCricketFan. They should throw candy to the crowd off the floats!

Comment

Originally posted by MickeyJCA
                            This is actually what I was hoping the 50th parade would be, something completely Disneyland-centric. Instead, we get yet another generic "Beauty and the Beast" and "Lion King" unit. Like that hasn't already been done to death! At least the lead unit is the Train Station and the finale is Sleeping Beauty Castle, but everything inbetween is a little, I don't know, generic.

(I haven't actually seen PoD in person, only pictures and video.)

I know this doesn't really answer the question posed in the thread... sorry.
                            WOW I totally agree. Now with Block Party Bash... now thats what I imagine a Disney parade should be like. High energy, lots of fun and audience interaction. SO much to see. Was hoping Parade of Dreams would have had more! The floats were nice I do agree with that.Also I loved the Hercules prarde from Zero to Hero that was fun too!

:thumbup: "This guy!"

Comment

I put in a vote for a diverse cast of characters. Bring out the characters that are not seen as often in the park. I saw Friar Tuck & Prince John at WDW. Bring them to Disneyland. Maleficent face character. We want her too!

If you are going to start to integrate the Muppets more into the parks, then have a Muppet float.
                              Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
                              I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X