This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Autopia

The autopia cars run off of gas right? How and when do they put gas in them? Can they run a full day on one tank?

Re: Autopia

Originally posted by bbks18 View Post
    The autopia cars run off of gas right? How and when do they put gas in them? Can they run a full day on one tank?
    The cars do run on gas but they have small engines so they don't burn a lot of gas during the day. The speed of a car is, if I remember correctly, 5.5 miles per hour. The mechanics put gas in them at night. They can run a full day on one tank.

Comment

All you need to know is it involves the bathroom right across from Autopia, a big funnel, and a 12 pack of beer.

Comment

Yea there is a gas truck which comes at night and fills up the cars (It's brought in over in the car park where the fountain is, if you look theres a ramp which leads down to the subs, and thats where the trucks are brought in).

And it is Chevron gasoline of course, they can run for several days on just one tank, one day burns about a quarter of the tank of gas which is inside of them...

[I had a long conversation with one of the mechanics while doing a rider swap one day on this ride]

Comment

So is there gas tanks (like in a gas station) under the Autopia que?

Comment

How long until you think disneyland would switch to the electric cars? or a Hybrid engine. CM's are getting sick from the fumes. I know that would upset the Chevron sponcer though.

Comment

When I worked on Autopia (before the redo) we had to gas the cars every night after closing.

We had to wait until the guests were all clear, then wait for the fire dept. to come and watch us fill up using hoses that came up from hatches in the pit.

Comment

Originally posted by jawnjarvis View Post
                How long until you think disneyland would switch to the electric cars?
                As long as Chevron continues to be the most generous sponsor.
                Make something Idiot-Proof, and someone will build a better Idiot.

Comment

When I worked there the mechanics had to fill up the cars every night from the pit. I don't know if it has changed since then.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X