This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Subs animatronics

Will the subs animatronics look realistic or cartoony, or is their a blend? The seagulls are obviously in the look of the Finding Nemo movie but i recall a big fish that they were putting in the water looked absolutely life like. The animation is gonna look cartoony but is everything like at the seas at epcot going to look real? (yes i know the fish at epcot are real)

Re: Subs animatronics

They will look the same if not better!!!

Comment

I think the plan is to start off the ride with realistic creatures and gradually change to cartoon before the subs enter the new showbuilding.
      It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

Comment

It will probably be a blend, look at the crabs!

Comment

There are new characters in the ride that were not in the movie, but they were designed to look like they came from "Nemo's world". For example, there are eels in the new ride, there were no eels at all in the movie, so the eels were given a slight cartoony look to look like they from the movie.

Comment

Aren't these supposed to be cast from the original 1959 molds? If so, they will probably look very realistic.

I'm still dissapointed that the original AA's couldn't be fixed. Maybe they were, who knows? I haven't heard of any other auctions then the 50th Auction, so some might be in storage or have been reused if they weren't hurt too much. Some probably were.

We'll probably never know.
            Friend walks into line of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh-
            "Come on, Let's go see Country Bear- .......Oh."
            -August 1st 2010

And this elevator traverls directly to The Twilight Zone The Gift Shop!
            -August 2nd 2010

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Jr. View Post
              Aren't these supposed to be cast from the original 1959 molds? If so, they will probably look very realistic.

I'm still dissapointed that the original AA's couldn't be fixed. Maybe they were, who knows? I haven't heard of any other auctions then the 50th Auction, so some might be in storage or have been reused if they weren't hurt too much. Some probably were.

We'll probably never know.
              Actually, the original submarine voyage itself walked the line between cartoonish and realistic. While crabs, lobsters, sharks, and most fish were "realistic", the Octopuses were quite cartoonish, as well as the infamous "sea serpent."
              Forget 'Great Moments With Mr. Lincoln,' Samantha Brown is Disney's most sophisticated animatronic.
              Tokyo Disneyland: 2009, 2012
              Disneyland Paris: 2010
              Hong Kong Disneyland: 2012
              Universal Orlando: 2007, 2010 (twice!)
              Efteling:2011
              Lotte World: 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Jr. View Post

I'm still dissapointed that the original AA's couldn't be fixed. Maybe they were, who knows?
                They are ALL NEW. The originals were way to beat up and brittle from being in the chlorinated water and baking in the sun not cared for. Disney has a warehouse full of molds from the original rides and well as molds for the new sculptures for FNSV that can be casted whenever they need to. Just because something in the new ride was also in the old ride dosen't mean it's THE same animatronic

Comment

Originally posted by Nautilus View Post
                  There are new characters in the ride that were not in the movie, but they were designed to look like they came from "Nemo's world". For example, there are eels in the new ride, there were no eels at all in the movie, so the eels were given a slight cartoony look to look like they from the movie.
                  Uhh...if you're talking about the animatronic eels that Al posted a picture of in one of his updates, those look very realistic...not cartoony. But of course you could be talking about something else.

It's a blend either way. But seriously dude, just calm down and wait for the darn thing to open! lol

Comment

I'd have to say it will absolutely look better. For those of us that remember the original ride, most of the things somewhere between corny and absurd. Mermaids looked bad and the sea serpent was just plain silly.

I hope 20+ years of added technology will really show in the new ride. The captain that narrates will interest me as well. Can't wait!

Chad

Comment

Al posted a picture of Eels? Does anyone know which article that was? I'm gonna go look right now, but I've read all the recent ones and didn't see a picture.

Comment

Those eels looked like Flotsam and Jetsam from The Little Mermaid to me.

Comment

Originally posted by aimster View Post
                          Those eels looked like Flotsam and Jetsam from The Little Mermaid to me.
                          Yea I thought they were Flotsam and Jetsam.

Comment

Well they're not Flotsam and Jetsam. Between the eels will be another charactor from the movie, fighting them off, but I'm gonna let you guys wait 'til it opens to find out who he is!

Comment

^^ Well I knew they're not Flotsam & Jetsam. They just look a lot like them to me.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X