This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• security checkpoints

Has anyone ever seen, or had, anything removed from you when going through the security??? I'm just wondering if they do take banned items. I personally think it's silly (where they are), and I don't get why they are where they are. I was staying on Harbor and went to the parks and beyond several times a day over a two week period. I think it's crazy that you have to go through them when you are gong straight out the other side (to DTD) and why aren't there checks for the DTD area??????
    I never saw anyone questioned about anything in their bags, or anything removed

Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler
    Tassie, I found a quote for ya :lol:!

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia."

Charles M. Schulz
    Originally Posted by MWalton
    :lol: Did the pages take that long to reach around to your part of the world?!? :lol:

Re: security checkpoints

Nope, that has never happened to me. The security checkpoints are not thorough at all. They open your bag and barely glance into it. (Hypothetically speaking, of course) - If someone really wanted to smuggle a weapon or something else bad in all they would have to do would be to hide it under something else. It seems that the security checkpoints are a something that should either be taken more seriously or done away with completely, because now it does not seem like they do much good.

Comment

I was thinking that too, also, at the lounge is a thread about heelys in the park. I was told they were banned in the park, so how do they get through??

Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler
      Tassie, I found a quote for ya :lol:!

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia."

Charles M. Schulz
      Originally Posted by MWalton
      :lol: Did the pages take that long to reach around to your part of the world?!? :lol:

Comment

During the week before Christmas 2005 at Disneyland they would not let me take my tripod in. They did not confiscate the tripod, but they made me put it in a locker outside the secure area, which cost me $10 (maybe $8). I was furious about that, especially because I saw several people with tripods inside the park once I finally got in. I even complained to City Hall since I had brought it in before on several occasions. They said they were not allowing tripods because because the park was so crowded. If that is the case they should have put up signs back at the parking lot.

I take it in at Walt Disney World all of the time and I don't even get a second look.

Comment

Glass bottles!

I had them well burried in my overnight bag for sleeping overnight on July 16-17, 2005.

We had to cross the esplanade since we walked in via DtD. They made me empty the ENTIRE bag... but MIL also had the same Frappucinos as I did and her line didn't even question it!
          :smart: :music: :vogue: :razz: :wave:

Comment

They wouldn't let us in with glass bottles too. We had 3 SoBe drinks and they made us throw them away
            sigpic
            "I Want That Simple Life"

B.F.F.=Brian Fyfe Forever
            4-8-1983 to 4-28-2010

Comment

My daughter had a glass bottle of Sprite from the GCH concierge lounge in her bag. Busted! She was so embarrassed.

Comment

I remember New Years Eve, some guy smuggled in a beer bottle and was drunk off his butt. Next thing you know, the beer bottle landed on a kids head and was rushed out. The Security guard took him out. If only the bottle was taken away. :\
                ~ A Cute, Little, Fuzzy, Silly, and Chubby Cast Member ~

Comment

The searches are cursery at best, and very inconsistant. Apparently they are for show only because although I have never done it, I know several co-workers who were wearing their off duty weapons (concealed) and went right through the check points.

Last week we went through them many times and in the same day even had various levels of searching. Some give a quick look into the bag, some actually reach in and look closely, some have you empty things out...very in consistant. I think the whole time...when I am off duty and carrying my weapon its in a holster behind me covered by a shirt and it would get right through this check.

Anyway, I agree, they should either get serious about it and more consistant or do away with it.

Comment

The checkpoints are there to make people feel safe. They do nothing to keep people safe. Yes, i think they are silly as well.

Comment

Originally posted by SCUBAbe View Post
                      The checkpoints are there to make people feel safe. They do nothing to keep people safe. Yes, i think they are silly as well.
                      While I agree with you, Disney does them for looks and to try to give the impression that once you get into the esplanade you are in a "safe zone", wouldn't you agree that the way they are currently done, only the most nieve, sheep like, people would actually think those check points were really functional?

Comment

Originally posted by Goofy Daddy View Post
                        While I agree with you, Disney does them for looks and to try to give the impression that once you get into the esplanade you are in a "safe zone", wouldn't you agree that the way they are currently done, only the most nieve, sheep like, people would actually think those check points were really functional?
                        they way they are done?...I guess, but what is the alternative. I mean at magic mountain I got to have my purse searched, walk through a metal detector and once I set it off I got the hand wand,...however when the hand wand went off as well (around my wist area) all they asked is if I had a cell phone. i said yes, they did not ask to see it and let me through....so that doesn't really work either.

All I know is if I or anyone wanted to get a weapon inside DL they would have no trouble doing it.

Comment

Originally posted by SCUBAbe View Post
                          All I know is if I or anyone wanted to get a weapon inside DL they would have no trouble doing it.
                          Ah and there's the point. I think all but the most bubble headed folks know that and so really there is no need for the check points at all. If they are there to make people "feel safer" then they are failing. Only the most nieve would think those checks make the area safer so they should be dropped.

The only other alternative is to turn it up to a level of checks we see at airports and federal court houses...NO THANKS to that option.

Comment

Originally posted by Goofy Daddy View Post
                            Ah and there's the point. I think all but the most bubble headed folks know that and so really there is no need for the check points at all. If they are there to make people "feel safer" then they are failing. Only the most nieve would think those checks make the area safer so they should be dropped.

The only other alternative is to turn it up to a level of checks we see at airports and federal court houses...NO THANKS to that option.
                            I think they should get rid of them also.

Comment

I've never had anything taken during these checkpoints. In fact, my sister has frequently been able to bring in wine (in a plastic bottle, of course) to go with dinner.
                              Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X