Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brother Bear Ride In Critter Country or The Golden State in DCA

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Brother Bear Ride In Critter Country or The Golden State in DCA

    What About a Brother Bear Ride, Like a Dark Ride Or Something. That Would Be Cool. Like Down In Critter Country, since they need more attractions there, or in The Golden State In DCA! So, What Do You Think?
    Putting the um in forum. Um...


  • #2
    If it wasn't for the fact that that movie completely and unabashedly bit, I would be all for it!

    Well...maybe not.
    Knowledge is power and knowing is half the battle. (LOVE LIVE CAPTAIN MIKEY!)

    Comment


    • #3
      http://www.disneycorner.com/modules....howpage&pid=23

      Actually, check out the above link. A Brother Bear raft ride is already rumored ffor the Canada pavilian at EPCOT.

      There is also talk of DCA's Grizzly River Run, GRR, being revamped into a Brother Bear ride if the one at World Showcase becomes a reality. Sounds to me like such an attraction would utilize animatronics, soundtracks, more of an elaborate setting, etc.

      Regarding Critter Country, I'd like to see them tear down the Pooh ride and build one that's like the Tokyo Pooh version...trackless, bouncy and elaborate.
      Last edited by Ride Warrior; 06-12-2005, 10:17 AM.
      To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

      Comment


      • #4
        What about an original ride that isn't based on a movie or copied form other Disney parks?

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Soulquarian
          What about an original ride that isn't based on a movie or copied form other Disney parks?
          :bow:
          "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
          -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-


          When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

          Comment


          • #6
            I'd like to see an Alaskan wildlife themed dark ride that utilizing the trackless technology of TDL's Pooh ride. Facing a menacing polar bear could be part of the fun.
            To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Ride Warrior
              http://www.disneycorner.com/modules....howpage&pid=23

              Actually, check out the above link. A Brother Bear raft ride is already rumored ffor the Canada pavilian at EPCOT.

              There is also talk of DCA's Grizzly River Run, GRR, being revamped into a Brother Bear ride if the one at World Showcase becomes a reality. Sounds to me like such an attraction would utilize animatronics, soundtracks, more of an elaborate setting, etc.

              Regarding Critter Country, I'd like to see them tear down the Pooh ride and build one that's like the Tokyo Pooh version...trackless, bouncy and elaborate.
              That is great to know, if I can ever seem to get over to Florida, it would be gret to have one here.

              I never though of changing the theme for GRR, Sounds like a great idea, after all there is a charchter of the ride, and its a bear so just add Kenai and Koda at the entrance and change the theming and after that you can head over too Redwood Creek Challenge Trail and Meet Kenai and Koda at the Show. Although, Grizzly River Run is Doing Extremely Well Already, Why Ruin Its Reputation. P.S. Grizzly River Run is one of the only rides down at DCA that is disconnected from the Fastpass System!

              And last but not least, I agree, they should tear down pooh and make it into something more interesting!
              Putting the um in forum. Um...

              Comment


              • #8
                I hated the country bears and hope they never return to the resort in any way.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Ride Warrior
                  I'd like to see an Alaskan wildlife themed dark ride that utilizing the trackless technology of TDL's Pooh ride. Facing a menacing polar bear could be part of the fun.
                  I like that idea! Somebody hire him!




                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I doubt any other attraction besides the retheme of the Redwood Creek Challenge Trail (The Magic of Brother Bear addition) will show up. I didn't see the movie, but I know it didn't do too well at the box office. Has that re-theme even been successful at drawing in more people to that attraction in the park?

                    Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      What about an additional Disney Channel tie-in ,
                      a House of Mouse attraction. It could provide a great excuse
                      to have many more of DL's characters migrate over to DCA,
                      it could be a fusion of live entertainment, character interaction,
                      photo ops and merchandising. Plus it could force a better
                      synergy (eek!) with a company branch that already exists
                      like providing more live appearances, performances and
                      promotional opportunities with on-air support.
                      "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Hmmmm GRR have a Brother Bear make over I dont know if I like the sound of that.. even though I enjoyed the movie! Now if it had its own ride that would be cool. But I doubt that part due to its failings at the box office

                        :thumbup: "This guy!"

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Soulquarian
                          What about an original ride that isn't based on a movie or copied form other Disney parks?
                          Agreed. And with so many original and creative concepts that have been shelved over the past 40 years, there is no reason (other than budget restraints) to base any ride or attraction on an existing film property. When they finally get around to building Marc Davis's "Western River Expedition" then we can start talking about basing a new ride around an existing movie. But until then, that is just ONE of the thousands of huge ideas that still lie dormant at WDI, so there's no shortage of original concepts and therefore no need to use existing material.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by ALIASd
                            What about an additional Disney Channel tie-in ,
                            a House of Mouse attraction. It could provide a great excuse
                            to have many more of DL's characters migrate over to DCA,
                            it could be a fusion of live entertainment, character interaction,
                            photo ops and merchandising. Plus it could force a better
                            synergy (eek!) with a company branch that already exists
                            like providing more live appearances, performances and
                            promotional opportunities with on-air support.
                            Hmmm, I don't know if another show is in order but, a House Of mouse Attraction Sounds Great! Good Show, Good Times! LOL!
                            Putting the um in forum. Um...

                            Comment

                            Ad Widget

                            Collapse
                            Working...
                            X