Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do Disney Store Cast Member's Get Discounts at the Parks??

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do Disney Store Cast Member's Get Discounts at the Parks??

I work at a Disney Store and wass just curious if we get any plus's for being a cast member or any type of discounts. I hoping to get to the park later on in the year and would like to know in advance, thanks!!
    Love this site, but still figuring it all out,lol.

Re: Do Disney Store Cast Member's Get Discounts at the Parks??

Did you ask your boss?

Comment

yes but she was vague, so i thought i'd come on here and ask since a lot of dl cm's get on here.

Comment

Disney Store employees no longer get discounts because they are now owned and operated by a completely different owner, The Childrens Place.

At least that was the general discussion in all the stores when the takeover occurred. Many of the employees were grumbling about that with me when I shopped at the various Disney Store locations. No more park discounts!
        Last edited by WatchYourHeadNStep; 04-19-2007, 11:58 AM. Reason: Beekuz aye kant spel!

Comment

You don't get much at all. But don't worry BPF will be adding her 2 cents soon.

J
          Kungaloosh!

*END OF LINE*

Comment

Originally posted by Tinkerbell2006 View Post
            I work at a Disney Store and wass just curious if we get any plus's for being a cast member or any type of discounts. I hoping to get to the park later on in the year and would like to know in advance, thanks!!
            Love this site, but still figuring it all out,lol.
            I have been told by a Disney Store cast member that they lost all discounts when Children's Place took over. Just like AP's used to get discounts at the Disney Stores, but no longer do.
            If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

Comment

didn't disney stores cast members also used to get into the park for free (do they still?)

Comment

That is a BIG negatory! No more perks for employees (no longer called cast members at Disney Store) and for guests.

Comment

DS CM's do not get any discount at the park once they were bought by Childrens Place.

But Disneyland CM's get discounts at DS...

Comment

The only thing Disney about Disney Stores now is the name. Nope, you are an employee of the Children's Place, not The Walt Disney Co.

Disney-lover, Dick Van Dyke Fan, Cast Member, Belle Wannabee,

Comment

Originally posted by WatchYourHeadNStep View Post
                      (no longer called cast members at Disney Store)
                      Actually, they are. And the register area is called "The Box Office", and the floor is "The Show".
                      If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

Comment

Originally posted by Malcon10t View Post
                        Actually, they are. And the register area is called "The Box Office", and the floor is "The Show".
                        Then I guess it is safe to say that the only thing Disney about the Disney Store is the name and the way they name the layout of the store! :lol:

Comment

Originally posted by PirateChick View Post
                          Then I guess it is safe to say that the only thing Disney about the Disney Store is the name and the way they name the layout of the store! :lol:
                          THAT is exactly true.

Comment

You use to get a discount on merch and stuff... that's gone now
                            You use to get three free park hoppers a year... they down-graded it early this year to three single park tickets.
                            Usually (about twice a year) you get acess to Company D (the discount cast member store outside the park).

There's not much anymore. I came on about a month before the change over 3 yrs ago and I remember a lot of people quitting because of the lack of disney related benefits... kinda sad.

And we are still technically "Cast Members" to whomever said otherwise. Customers are still "Guests" the Floor is still "on stage" the back room's still "back stage". Actually CP didn't really change much of how Disney Stores operate or train people.

Comment

Thank you Kuzcochik for being positive and not negative, and for the information. I love working at TDS, it'll be nice once Disney has bought back the lease for the stores chain. My goal is to become part of the management team eventually.
                              Thanks again!!
                              --Tink out

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X