This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disneyland Railroad closure

We will be taking our 3 year old for his first DL trip May 30-June 3. I have been watching the calendar and noticed that from time to time the attractions scheduled to be closed change. Has anyone heard for sure why DRR is closed? It is open right now, but scheduled to close again soon and not reopen until June 7. I can't believe they will need it to be closed that close to the opening of Nemo. What do you think the chances are that it will be open? Am I holding out false hope?

We have been watching the vacation promo dvd for the parks and lots of disney and pixar movies to get him excited about the trip (not that he wouldn't otherwise be excited to be there and have been preparing him that the train probably won't be working which he seems ok with but I know it would be one of his favorite rides, especially at this age. He just loves trains right now! I think the only other attraction that I would be more disappointed to see closed would be POC.

Re: Disneyland Railroad closure

its for the subs, the last minute closuer just incase something happens and needs access to the tracks
    http://www.myspace.com/nygard33

Comment

i aslo heard that it is closed for the Nemo ride for last minute adjustments.

Comment

So - you do you think it will actually be closed that whole time, or just possible closures during that time?:beg:

Comment

I am sorry but I can't answer your question, it would be bad if the trains are closed, especially if you are really looking forward to it. You might want to take him on Casey Jr. though. In fact he might like it even more than the Disneyland Railroad, so all is not as bad as you might think.

Comment

Just so new people don't get confused, the Sub Ride and The Nemo Ride are one and the same.
            Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

Comment

This train closure's been on the books for a while. The refurb isn't finished; the trains were just temporarily reopened to help with Spring Break traffic flow. Now that Spring Break is over, they're (FINALLY) finishing the job. It's got nothing to do with Nemo, as far as I know.

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

Comment

From what I've heard from other CM's...they are going to be replacing the tracks inside the Diorama (sp?)
                Went to a party the other night
                All the ladies were treating me right
                Moving my feet to the disco beat
                How in the world could I keep my seat
                All of a sudden I began to change
                I was on the dance floor acting strange
                Flapping my arms I began to cluck
                Look at me..I'm the disco duck

"Do the Disco Duck!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by abarry90 View Post
                  So - you do you think it will actually be closed that whole time, or just possible closures during that time?:beg:
                  CLOSED. (I was only typing that big to prove a point that if the website states it as closed, then as they said, it will definitely be closed).

Comment

Originally posted by Disco Duck View Post
                    From what I've heard from other CM's...they are going to be replacing the tracks inside the Diorama (sp?)
                    thats what i heard too... West side tracks replaced, East side still remains the same...

Give me a thought, SHUTTLE MODE TRAIN!

THAT would be awesome
                    ~ A Cute, Little, Fuzzy, Silly, and Chubby Cast Member ~

Comment

Sigh....well at least the monorail is still open too. Holding out hope that maybe they will finish up a few days ahead of schedule.

Comment

Originally posted by abarry90 View Post
                        Sigh....well at least the monorail is still open too. Holding out hope that maybe they will finish up a few days ahead of schedule.
                        Chances are slim to none they will finish ahead of schedule.

Comment

if anything it'll be behind schedual
                          http://www.myspace.com/nygard33

Comment

i read on website saying they were changing the trains to biodiesel and this could be another reason why they are closing to finish the job

Comment

Originally posted by Lost Boy View Post
                              Just so new people don't get confused, the Sub Ride and The Nemo Ride are one and the same.
                              If this confuses anyone then they are special

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X