Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mary Blair Murals in TL still underneath?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mary Blair Murals in TL still underneath?

I know from 1967 to like 1997 they had murals in Tomorrowland by Mary Blair that were replaced.

I heard that the Blair murals are still surviving in preserved condition underneath the current murals? Is this true?

I don't want them back (totally out of theme), but they were beautiful, and it'd be nice to know they are still okay.

Yes, they are still in tack under the current stuff.

RU

Be sure to visit my site!

Comment

Heres another thread about the Mary Blair Murals in TL- http://www.micechat.com/showthread.p...ght=Mary+Blair

Comment

Short answer - One is intact one has been destroyed.

Comment

Is intact the proper term for the one that remains? I was under the impression that they drilled the current one right through the old one...leaving it not intact, but there at least. I don't want them back either, though...they don't seem at all like what Tomorrowland is to me any more.
          -Kyle, Member of the DCA Lovers Alliance
          I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

Comment

They're a part of DL's history and should preserved in some and form.
            There's plenty of room in the TDA main bldg...
            "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Comment

Originally posted by ALIASd
              "...in some SHAPE and/or form."
              Sorry, I hate when I leave out a word(s)
              "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Comment

They're not there anymore, but if you look at a park map, they're still showing a hint of the Mary Blair one. I can't help but think someone did this on purpose to keep some homage to it but it's probably an oversight.
                Last edited by almandot; 06-18-2005, 02:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by almandot
                  They're not there anymore, but if you look at a park map, they're still showing a hint of the Mary Blair one. I can't help but think someone did this on purpose to keep some homage to it but it's probably an oversight.
                  Does anyone have a photo/scan of that map?

Comment

I used to love that mural when I was a little girl. And I think that mural really represents what our "World of TOmorrow" should become-- a real coming together of people from all over the world into one global community. If they moved IASW into Tomorrowland, I wouldn't be surprised.

I think it's a realistic view of the world of tomorrow.
                    Member of the Disney Class of 2005
                    Disneyland CM for 4 years.
                    May 6, 2005 - present.

Comment

I remember that mural well too, it was such a great time going on the PeopleMover and having it pointed out as a symbol of the children of tomorrow or something like that. It gave Tomorrowland that optimistic hope for the future that it so sorely needs now. Mary Blair's work was so original, and pretty much set the entire tone for Disney artwork in the mid-50's and 60's.

I am as far away from an art fanatic as you can get, I mean I can't get into it for a second. But with Mary Blair's work, I just can't get enough of it. She was such an artistic genius...no wonder Walt liked her work so much.

Comment

Originally posted by ALIASd
                        Agreed!
                        sigpic

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X