This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back from first trip in 30 years...

Anybody interested in opinions from an old Disneyland vet that has gone back for the first time in 30 years? I am learning to download my pics for my real trip report, but in the interim would maybe like to share some thoughts (some good, some bad).

12/18 TC DAY

Re: Back from first trip in 30 years...

Dude, I'd LOVE to hear your thoughts!

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

Yes please. Let's hear em.

BTW, you're Thomas Jefferson and you live in Washington. In George, by chance? LOL.

Comment

I'm anxiously waiting ...

Comment

I'd love your impressions! And... I'd love to see your pics! Bring it!

Comment

As a guy who was working in the park 30 years ago, I'd love to "see" your comments and pics, and I can hardly wait for them!

--Barry
            God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

Post your trip report and picture:yea:
              AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day šoš 2010
              Alan

Toy Story Mania construction:
              Older photo
              New Photo

Member of
              MiceChat WDW Trip
              Next trip
              2014 Dec, 31

Comment

:yea: Yeah Baby!
                Sig by Poisonedapples!

Comment

I'm guessing you had the interesting experience of visiting a familiar ol' friend... and somewhere completely different, all at the same time. I'm looking forward to your report.
                  "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
                  -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

Comment

OK.... I think I will share a few things that I didn't like first, BECAUSE the Trip Report to come will be filled with one of the best 6 days I have had in my 43 years, and included my daughters (3 1/2 years old) first trip, and lets just say she loved EVERY ride (HM and POtC being her favorites)! Most importantly, the MAGIC lives on... it is alive and well!

So.... before this trip my last visit was on May 3rd 1977. This trip We arrived Sunday April 29th 2007!

Winnie the Pooh (please give me back the bears), Buzz, Roger Rabbit, Monsters Inc., are garbage people, well in my opinion they are. I mean how much fluorescent paint and black lights does it take to try and make me believe that it is a well done attraction? CHEAPO! Now I know a lot of the Fantasyland rides have this look and feeling too, but they are originals from 1955. I'm sorry, but I was less than impressed. I know Buzz had the competition factor built in, which was fun... but the ride visually is a dud.

Tower of Terror.... OVERRATED!

Corn Dog Castle Corn Dogs... not just OVERRATED... but also GROSS.

Monte Cristo... GOOD... but OVERRATED!

Mint Julip..... whatever

You know, there are probably a few more things, in fact I know there are. I am thinking about them right now, but I am done with the bad. Get ready, here comes the report and the pics of our GREAT visit to Disneyland and DCA.
                    Last edited by ThomasJefferson; 05-08-2007, 11:03 PM.

12/18 TC DAY

Comment

Haha spoken like a true old-timer. Bravo.

Comment

I'm going to enjoy this. Didn't visit DL at all between 1989 and 2005, so I'll be curious to see if a lot of your reactions to "new" stuff resonate with mine.

PS, I love Syd
                        "My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

......... .....May April March!.....................

Comment

Originally posted by ThomasJefferson View Post
                          OK.... I think I will share a few things that I didn't like first, BECAUSE the Trip Report to come will be filled with one of the best 6 days I have had in my 43 years, and included my daughters (3 1/2 years old) first trip, and lets just say she loved EVERY ride (HM and POtC being her favorites)! Most importantly, the MAGIC lives on... it is alive and well!

So.... before this trip my last visit was on May 3rd 1977. This trip We arrived Sunday April 29th 2007!

Winnie the Pooh (please give me back the bears), Buzz, Roger Rabbit, Monsters Inc., are garbage people, well in my opinion they are. I mean how much fluorescent paint and black lights does it take to try and make me believe that it is a well done attraction? CHEAPO! Now I know a lot of the Fantasyland rides have this look and feeling too, but they are originals from 1955. I'm sorry, but I was less than impressed. I know Buzz had the competition factor built in, which was fun... but the ride visually is a dud.

Tower of Terror.... OVERRATED!

Corn Dog Castle Corn Dogs... not just OVERRATED... but also GROSS.

Monte Cristo... GOOD... but OVERRATED!

Mint Julip..... whatever

You know, there are probably a few more things, in fact I know there are. I am thinking about them right now, but I am done with the bad. Get ready, here comes the report and the pics of our GREAT visit to Disneyland and DCA.
                          Sad to say, I pretty much agree.

Comment

Waiting with bated breath (where did that phrase come from???)
                            Last edited by sueb; 05-09-2007, 10:59 AM. Reason: spelling
                            Sue B

Math Geek of Randomness

Comment

Originally posted by sueb View Post
                              Waiting with baited breath (where did that phrase come from???)
                              It's "bated breath", and this is where it comes from: http://www.straightdope.com/mailbag/mbated.html
                              LDPhotography.net

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X