This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Color Coded Lands

Does anyone else remember when each land in Disneyland had it's own color painted on the ground? It matched with the color of that area on the free map so you could always tell what land you were in by looking at the ground?

Am I crazy remembering this or does anyone else remember it too?

Doug
    Pain is temporary, Film is forever!

Re: Color Coded Lands

I vaguely recall that. I think it's kinda cool nowadays that the lands each have their own different pavement, though. Just wish the paving stones in Tomorrowland were easier on the feet.
    The Right Honorable Count Boogie Bonz of Random, at your service.

On Track for Weight Loss!

Comment

just look at the trash cans if you dont' know what land you're in
      http://www.myspace.com/nygard33

Comment

^ Ture!

NO DOUBT SUMMER 09 TOUR!
        MAY 22 SAN DIEGO/AUG 2 IRVINE

Comment

Originally posted by ~xxBooxx~ View Post
          ^ Ture!
          ^Flase
          sigpic

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Comment

Look at this park map from 2004
            http://www.themeparkbrochures.net/ma...dland2004.html

Comment

The maps today are still color coded. But I don't think I would need colored walkways to know where I'm going.
              Kenny the Pirate
              AKA Bad Mood t' Blackhearted
              Disney Dream Job Pirate Winner 2007
              Full WDW character and show schedules: www.kennythepirate.com
              Follow my adventures on twitter: www.twitter.com/kennypirate

Comment

The patios for the eateries used to have a slurry paint on them, but I don't remember if they were color coded.

Comment

I would hope the surroundings of each land were enough to make for easy, proper identification...

Comment

Originally posted by lazyboy97O View Post
                    I would hope the surroundings of each land were enough to make for easy, proper identification...
                    I think it was more to make it easy to figure out where you were on the actual map than to know which land you were in. In other words, if the ground is green, you are in this quarter of the map....etc...

Doug

Comment

Originally posted by AtomicAge View Post
                      Does anyone else remember when each land in Disneyland had it's own color painted on the ground? It matched with the color of that area on the free map so you could always tell what land you were in by looking at the ground?

Am I crazy remembering this or does anyone else remember it too?

Doug
                      i remember that. I also remember how ugly fantasyland used to look. It was very carnivally. I loved the pirate ship though.

Comment

Originally posted by SCUBAbe View Post
                        i remember that. I also remember how ugly fantasyland used to look. It was very carnivally. I loved the pirate ship though.
                        Yeah I loved the pirate ship and Skull Rock. Also the Tuna sandwiches were really good at the pirate ship.

Doug

Comment

I remember when whole lands had a single color of slurry. I don't remember if they were color coded. I only remember green and red being used (and maybe blue?). I like the pavement upgrades made in recent years, though.

I don't know if anyone else remembers how the old maps were a little more like booklets with a fold out out map (and not just a fold out map like today). At least, the ones from the late '80s/early '90s had each land's listing color coded (Main St is red, Critter Country is brown, etc). So all attraction, shop, and restaraunt name was in that specific color font (and even included short descriptions). They even had logos for the lands (DRR for Main St, Space Mountain and a Starspeeder for Tomorrowland) and the Disneyland Hotel was shown on the map (complete with its own listings and logo).

Comment

Originally posted by Druggas View Post
                            ^Flase
                            LLO!

Comment

Originally posted by Koutesu View Post
                              I remember when whole lands had a single color of slurry. I don't remember if they were color coded. I only remember green and red being used (and maybe blue?). I like the pavement upgrades made in recent years, though.

I don't know if anyone else remembers how the old maps were a little more like booklets with a fold out out map (and not just a fold out map like today). At least, the ones from the late '80s/early '90s had each land's listing color coded (Main St is red, Critter Country is brown, etc). So all attraction, shop, and restaraunt name was in that specific color font (and even included short descriptions). They even had logos for the lands (DRR for Main St, Space Mountain and a Starspeeder for Tomorrowland) and the Disneyland Hotel was shown on the map (complete with its own listings and logo).
                              I had a map booklet from 1977, but somehow it got thrown out the last time I moved! arrrrrrggg!!!!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X