Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will DLR Get the Revamp of the Electrical Parade?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will DLR Get the Revamp of the Electrical Parade?

I was just looking at some video of the new floats in the Tokyo DL Electrical parade, and I was thinking that would be a pretty cool revamp for DCA. The new floats are brilliant, and look amazing.

If you havent seen them, here is a video.[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/exs0Kp8RHWg"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/exs0Kp8RHWg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Thoughts?
    "Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money." ~ Walt Disney

Re: Will DLR Get the Revamp of the Electrical Parade?

WOW! Makes the original look so outdated. While I LOVE the original - I would not be overly upset to see this replace it.

Comment

Here are some more youtube clips of the Tokyo Disneyland Electrical Parade and Dreamlights Parade

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQT48tEpV6w

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNPNyGKJug0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfnJV-a6jzA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPHRpNzN43w

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdIDir3SnOk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d679AkTV9ns

AMAZING; I think that this would be a huge draw at any of the Parks lucky enough to get these beautiful updates (not that I would want to see any of the our old favorite floats to disappear...)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AFDy_vfGqw
      "I've got the heart of a child..." - I keep it in a box, next to my bed...

Comment

That's what we've wanted, ever since MSEP
        "glowed away forever". Then Pressler/Eisner
        messed it all up with "Light Magic". But when
        the brought back MSEP, they couldn't even
        add any new floats or segments, in fact parts
        were eliminated. The poor MSEP is one of
        the most loved by the public, but most abused
        parade EVER by DL mgmt. It's really showing
        it's age and needs updating DESPERATELY!
        Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
        An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
        Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
        Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

WOW!

Yet ANOTHER reason to want to visit Tokyo DL and DisneySea.

I don't know about the rest of you but I'm getting tired of looking towards Japan and wishing Disneyland was even half that cool.
          IMO - YMMV - FYIGM

Comment

The only thing that bothers me about the first video is the music. It sounds like it's not the electro-syntho-magnetic musical sound from the original, and to me, that's the biggest draw. I've loved the electrical parade since I was wee tiny, and I wouldn't mind seeing some new floats, but I don't think I'd like to see drastic changes. Perhaps just a movie or two newer than Pete's Dragon.
            The Right Honorable Count Boogie Bonz of Random, at your service.

On Track for Weight Loss!

Comment

Excellent. I especially liked the Cinderella Dress. wow

Comment

Originally posted by BassBone View Post
                The only thing that bothers me about the first video is the music. It sounds like it's not the electro-syntho-magnetic musical sound from the original, and to me, that's the biggest draw. I've loved the electrical parade since I was wee tiny, and I wouldn't mind seeing some new floats, but I don't think I'd like to see drastic changes. Perhaps just a movie or two newer than Pete's Dragon.

I agree. I wouldn't mind seeing some new/updated floats but the music has to stay. The music is classic. When ever I hear the begining of the music for the Electric Light Parade it gives me chills. When I hear that music it makes me want to dance around in circles (not a pretty sight I agree but how I feel anyway. ) I love the original music, its just a big part of the magic for me. But the floats could use a nice upgrade to some of the stuff they have over there!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
                all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Comment

I dont understand what they're saying.

Comment

I think there is a very good chance that these floats will be making there way to the stateside parade.*

*In ten to fifteen years when Tokyo Disneyland is done with them.

Comment

Hurmm...

I believe the music would stay at DCA.. I think TDA knows the music makes the show for us people stateside. In toyko they have different tastes, and I think they re-did the soundtrack to fit that.
                      "Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money." ~ Walt Disney

Comment

"Hello? Hello? Testing, 1, 2, 3, is this thing on? Ok, Ladies and Gentlemen; we had several ideas about new Promotions for the Park down in Anaheim. First off, we removed the old PeopleMover from Tomorrowland and tried to install an above ground version of "Test Track" - which was such a hit in WDW! - onto an existing ride system that was never meant to accomodate it... Kinda like pounding a square peg in an old round hole, huh? When that failed, we decided to just leave the carcass out for everyone to see (for the last eight years...) until we can figure out what to do with that attraction. Next, we have our beloved Main Street Electrical Parade which has been a known crowd-pleaser for three decades; without even updating or refreshing the Parade in all that time (including the "To Honor America" finale that we tacked on during the nation's bicentenial...) it has always been a great Summertime attraction and held its own against new events like Fantasmic! Now, we decided to throw all of that in the garbage a few years ago and create "Light Magic", spending millions on new floats and rigging the street with fiber-optics; since that was nothing more than a huge disappointment, we shipped the old Electrical Parade over to DCA to help them with their attendance... Tokyo Disneyland has done a complete overhaul of the Electrical Parade and really brought it into the new millenium, but that's Japan, right?

So, now, what to do...? What could we dream up to help us attract visitors to Disneyland? We can't come up with any new ideas... any suggestions from the floor?"

* Hand goes up in the audience *

Umm; Everyone seems really excited about the Subs returning; how about if we take this as a 'hint', and return a new improved updated version of the PeopleMover to Tomorrowland, and put the Main Street Electrical Parade back on Main Street - with some new floats, new units, and fresh ideas?

"Huh, Nice Suggestion there Lady with the apples, but we really are looking for something that will fit into our 'Everything With Pirates' Theme for 2008... Anybody else?"
                        Last edited by EvilQueen; 05-15-2007, 01:54 PM.
                        "I've got the heart of a child..." - I keep it in a box, next to my bed...

Comment

Why does Tokyo have to get all the best stuff?

Comment

The soundtrack for the Tokyo version still includes the traditional Baroque Hoedown theme in all its synthesized glory. However, the soundtrack starts changing at about 1/3 of the way into the parade. Orchestrations gradually start to weave their way into the soundtrack until by the last 1/3 of the parade the soundtrack is entirely orchestrated.

I'm also a big fan of the original MSEP's soundtrack, but what Tokyo has done with it is simply amazing and I think I actually like their version of the music slightly more than ours. (Especially the Christmas version of it.....truly magical!!)
                            "Keep Moving Forward."

Comment

Originally posted by abarry90 View Post
                              WOW! Makes the original look so outdated. While I LOVE the original - I would not be overly upset to see this replace it.
                              Its because it is :lol:

I love the original as well but this new one is amazing!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X