This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Romantic Dinner - Bayou or ????

My DH and I would like to have a romantic anniversary dinner one night during our vacation. We were thinking the Bayou, but we haven't been to DLR since DCA and DTD opened and I know there are a lot of new restaurants. Should we stick to the Bayou or try something new?
    Thanks!

Re: Romantic Dinner - Bayou or ????

Originally posted by abarry90 View Post
    My DH and I would like to have a romantic anniversary dinner one night during our vacation. We were thinking the Bayou, but we haven't been to DLR since DCA and DTD opened and I know there are a lot of new restaurants. Should we stick to the Bayou or try something new?
    Thanks!
    If you've already eaten at the Bayou I'd try the Napa Rose. I've eaten at both. Though nothing can beat the Bayou in ambiance, Napa Rose has better food.
    The Armenian Genocide

Comment

yeah Bayou is only good for the environment really, and if you get a table closer to the water rather then by the entrance
      http://www.myspace.com/nygard33

Comment

Napa Rose at the GC Hotel has MUCH better food for the $$ IMHO. But nothing quite beats the ambience of the Bayou esp. if you're seated near the water.....
        Just countin' the days til the next visit!

Comment

My wife and I just celebrated an anniversary there recently and had a fantastic time. I hadn't been in years and she had never been.

I would recommend lunch rather than dinner. The lunch menu is less expensive, however the ambiance is the same.

Definitely call to make a Priority Seating. We were able to get a waterside table because of it.

While the Bayou may not be the overall best dining experience at the Resort, it's something you should do at least once.
          "JESUS!!! That's Cold!" -- Walt Disney's final words.

"You hear people talk about, 'I don't think Walt would like this,' or 'I don't think Walt would like that.' You have no idea what Walt would want! No clue whatsoever! Because the people that worked with him day in and day out didn't know what Walt wanted. Walt didn't know what he wanted 'til he wanted it."
          -- Randy Thornton, Walt Disney Records

Comment

Napa Rose is DELISH! But so is the Vineyard Room, which has a great view of DCA. At both, the CMs are fantastic.
            BB, on the other hand, I've only had bad experiences at. *sigh*
            Originally posted by All4dISNEY
            Words hurt.

Comment

You might even want to consider Steakhouse 55 at the Disneyland Hotel.
              "This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." WD

"Women are the best judges of anything we turn out. Their taste is very important. They are the theatergoers, they are the ones who drag the men in. If the women like it, to heck with the men." WD

Individuality is a great thing....as long as we think alike.

sigpic

Comment

I love both the Blue Bayou and Napa Rose. You'll have a great time at either one but I would recommend the Napa Rose after dusk. There's something more magical about the big picture window when it's darker outside. It comes down to whether you want to eat inside or outside the park. I don't believe there is any restaurant in DTD that I would recommend for a romantic evening.

Comment

Originally posted by abarry90 View Post
                  Thanks!
                  Napa Rose has better food, but you cannot beat BB for atmosphere--a romantic water-side table? Are you kidding me?

Comment

anyplace but the BB...id rather eat at the corndog cart and sit on the curb...
                    OLM!!!
                    There is no better park than TDS

sigpic

Comment

I say you do lunch at bayou along the river and dinner @ napa rose :] than catch the monorail back into the park and watch the fireworks.

Comment

I take my lady to the BB for special dinners at the park. Request Nancy as your server.
                        “Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die.” ~ Mel Brooks

Comment

Originally posted by French25Fan View Post
                          If you've already eaten at the Bayou I'd try the Napa Rose. I've eaten at both. Though nothing can beat the Bayou in ambiance, Napa Rose has better food.
                          i've eaten at both places too with some girl...napa rose is way more romantic than bayou
                          Three-time MVP Larry Bird, noting that Bryant has been the NBA's premier player for years, told Sports Illustrated's Dan Patrick before this week's announcement, "When someone told me the other day that Kobe hadn't won an MVP trophy, it sort of made me feel like I wanted to throw mine away."

Comment

I can't say anything about the Napa Rose, but we enjoy the Blue Bayou by the water. We ate at Wine Country Tratorria this trip (over by Grizzly Peak in DCA) and it was very good too.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Comment

Thanks! I have eaten at the BB once but it was several years ago. LOVE the setting - I just don't know that anything else comes close - but I remember being particularly unimpressed with the food. We will definitely at least take a look at Napa Rose. Seems to be the general consensus that they are #1 at the park for food.

Thanks again all....and if anyone else wants to add to the list feel free. We will be there for 4 nights so we may do both!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X