This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bat's day 2007

My family and myself are visiting the resort Aug 17-21 and I just found out that it's Bats day weekend...How are the crowds number wise and behaviour wise during the convergence???
    No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?

Re: Bat's day 2007

Pretty crazy... there's usually tons of MiceChatters there and they're all crazy!
    -Tim

Comment

It's rather busy, though everyone is all really well behaved. (much better than raver day...)

Comment

Originally posted by Disneymike View Post
        My family and myself are visiting the resort Aug 17-21 and I just found out that it's Bats day weekend...How are the crowds number wise and behaviour wise during the convergence???
        The crowds will be big. I'm not sure if they tend to be bigger because it's Bat's Day. But it will be crowded because of time of year anyway.

Behavior is normal. Nobody acts any differently. Except for the "normal" people who yell rude comments to the "bats." I observed that happening only once or twice when I happened to go to Bat's Day in 2005.
        The Armenian Genocide

Comment

I haven't been, so I cannot offer any personal experience, but what might help is to do a search for Bats Day and look for reports. I recall more than one from that weekend. I did find Fishbulb's report HERE. I didn't read through it, but he usually does a great job of taking pictures of the crowds and things like that.
          I love my awesome crazy wonderful friends!!

"Do you remember in kindergarten, how youd meet a kid,
          then 10 seconds later youd be playing like you were best friends?"

:love:

Comment

Bats Day creeps my youngest daughter out. We'll skip it.
            Fight On!:sc: Beat the Red Wolves!

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge Quote of the Week:

[None]
            The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough - Randy Pausch

Comment

August is gonna be fun!

Comment

Bat's Day is lots of fun, though it was sooo hot last year. The crowds are well behaved... we aren't a bunch of crazed psychotics with an agenda for trouble. There are a lot of families that attend Bat's Day... everyone just looks different.

The crowd was over 1700 for the main picture in front of the castle last year, and that was only part of the whole. It's going to be busy regardless of Bat's Day, so be prepared for crowds.

Have a fun trip!
                <3 There are a million cupcakes in the world but only one is Cupcake Terror. <3

I AM THE REBEL SPY.

Comment

While there might be more people than on an average Sunday, it won't always affect ride waiting times. There are certain times when group pictures are being taken (and this can be very time-consuming), so most Bats attendees will not be on rides, in stores or in restaurants. Also, at night there is a group Haunted Mansion ride, but non-Bats Disney guests are given priority in entering the ride, while the Bats wait in their own long line. And since so many regular guests think they would have to wait in the long line that they see, they don't even try to go on, which results in absolutely no wait for non-Bats guests.

Bats attendees are on their best behavior, and the CMs go out of their way to help keep their events organized and make sure that regular guests are affected as little as possible.
                  sigpic
                  Fluffy Club Member

Comment

"Behavior is normal. Nobody acts any differently. Except for the "normal" people who yell rude comments to the "bats." I observed that happening only once or twice when I happened to go to Bat's Day in 2005.[/quote]

I really hated hearing the rude comments from the uneducated masses. Just because a person looks different doesn't give someone license to be a jerk. So sad that even in Disneyland there are people that have to put someone down to make thier lowly lives seem better.

Still loads and loads of fun!
                    <3 There are a million cupcakes in the world but only one is Cupcake Terror. <3

I AM THE REBEL SPY.

Comment

I love the idea of bats day, but who was the person it had to be in august? The hottest month of the year for a parade of all black. I 've always just wondered that
                      Is this haunted signature
                      actually
                      stretching?

Or is it your imagination, hmm?
                      Rockin' Lady Adelade of Random
                      also known as...
                      Dominatrix of Randomness

Comment

I hear that freak lightning strikes are common due to the dense concentration of umbrellas over such a large area.
                        I have also heard that there is little in the way of inappropriate behavior--way to go, Goths!

Comment

We were there last year and I believe another reason for the large crowd was it was the first weekend "unblocked" for SoCal APs. We had fun though. I love the bat's outfits, even though some of them look very uncomfortable.
                          Last edited by sdmom; 05-21-2007, 10:41 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

Other than the great outfits, there is no difference from any other summer day. The bats love Disneyland just like you. Enjoy the spectacle and leave outside predjudices behind.

Comment

OMG did I love going to bats day last year... I also wondered about the time that they hold it... Personally I think it should be held in late october... Its finally cooling down and its really close to halloween so all the halloween stuff is up... I was told the reason why they did it when they did it is beause its just before school starts so its a convient time of the year for all the family's that will be attending the event...

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X