This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warning: If You Have Not Seen Pirates 3 Yet Dont Visit This Thread

I will begin this thread with a question: since davey jones dies in #3, are they going to remove from potc the mist effect and the davey jones projection and replace the voice recording warning us what is up ahead?

Re: Warning: If You Have Not Seen Pirates 3 Yet Dont Visit This Thread

I doubt it.

Comment

Just because he is physically dead doesn't mean his legend is. They're not going to call it William Turner's locker, that sounds lame and less dramatically cool.
      ~Ah, the wonderful sight of the fabled Apocalypse. Now appearing in Disney's Toontown!~

Comment

Didn't they kill Stitch in the 3rd Lilo & Stitch movie? He is still around at the parks.

(never say it, just what I heard).

Comment

If it were a documentary film - absolutely.

As you're talking about an action/adventure/fantasy film - HUH?!

Thanks for the thoughful warning though.
          "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Comment

Originally posted by startours4ever View Post
            Just because he is physically dead doesn't mean his legend is. They're not going to call it William Turner's locker, that sounds lame and less dramatically cool.
            *snicker* Will Turner's Locker sounds like a clothing store aimed at teenage boys.

It's been called Davey Jones's Locker long before Disney ever made the PotC movies.
            The Right Honorable Count Boogie Bonz of Random, at your service.

On Track for Weight Loss!

Comment

I agree with disneyfan07. I saw POTC3 last Friday and then rode POTC on Saturday. I never felt so unimmersed in a Disneyland attraction. It just doesn't work for me any more. (Of course it is just still so good that I still rode it two more times during my trip, but I just wish I could feel more connected again.)

Comment

Originally posted by nemopoppins View Post
                I agree with disneyfan07. I saw POTC3 last Friday and then rode POTC on Saturday. I never felt so unimmersed in a Disneyland attraction. It just doesn't work for me any more. (Of course it is just still so good that I still rode it two more times during my trip, but I just wish I could feel more connected again.)
                I would tend to agree. The Jack Sparrow add-ons just seem, for lack of a better term, added on. And the Davy Jones mist effect just annoys me even if it is really cool. At least doing the Davy Jones effect allowed them to fix the rat room on Indy.
                The Right Honorable Count Boogie Bonz of Random, at your service.

On Track for Weight Loss!

Comment

They are going to do a Goonies crossover. Eventually Will loses an eye, and the Flying Dutchman. He then becomes captain of the Inferno and becomes Captain One-Eyed Willie. The projection will be replaced by Sloth yelling "Eh you guys! Rocky Road?" thus warning you of the scene ahead. Barbossa will be replaced by an animatronic of Jeff Cohen doing the Truffle Shuffle.

Comment

Sloth is way scarier than Davy Jones

Comment

I thought that the attraction was basically supposed to have come first before any of the POTC films? Like, chronologically, before Will Turner even met Jack Sparrow. I totally get what you mean, though. It was just plain odd seeing Davy Jones in the attraction after what happened in the film.
                      MCDADMCA

^clicky clicky^

Comment

I hate the fact they killed off Davey Jones! Boo Hiss! Make Orlando Bloom a captain?! He's not worthy of that post or even getting close to filling to boots of Davey Jones....and am I the only one that thinks Johnny Depp has totally changed his character from the first film and now just acts like an idiot who can get pretty darn annoying after a few hours?! It would have been great if Barbossa and Davey Jones teamed up and killed Jack and Will. Those are the only two who act like real men and not tip toe around everything like little girls.

Comment

i think they will update the ride and make it like hkdl's newer one. I definitly dont want that to happen, i would rather them build a completley new one besides the original.

imagine all our hate for the TSI change, our sadness for the old submarine rides and our disgust for swiiss robinson treehouse becoming tarzans treehouse all put together against a major pirates overhaul.

Comment

This thread, and the responses to it, do a great job of pointing out why direct movie tie-ins to attractions are a bad idea. Before the Jack Sparrow additions, POTC was a timeless classic. Now it feels dated to some folks after only a year. Go figure.
                            Please visit my Big Thunder/Disney Inspired Model Railroad

Dream big. Do what you love.

Comment

Originally posted by Barbossa View Post
                              They are going to do a Goonies crossover. Eventually Will loses an eye, and the Flying Dutchman. He then becomes captain of the Inferno and becomes Captain One-Eyed Willie. The projection will be replaced by Sloth yelling "Eh you guys! Rocky Road?" thus warning you of the scene ahead. Barbossa will be replaced by an animatronic of Jeff Cohen doing the Truffle Shuffle.
                              :lmao:

Don't forget the AA of Data and his malfunctioning inventions (bully blinders, pinchers of peril,etc) and the fighting Jake & Francis Fratelli AA's.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X