Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage to remain open 2.5 hours after park closing this summer

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kriskitty22
    MiceChatter
    • Apr 2007

Re: Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage to remain open 2.5 hours after park closing this su

Yep. No different from current policy. We are there until all of the guests in the line are cycled out. This is why we close the queue's exactly at the announcement. People get annoyed that we don't give any leeway, but if we did, we'd never get to go home! lol
    sigpic

Forget Disney Magic...Universal performs MIRACLES!!!

Comment

• MasterGracey
      Dateline Disneylander
      • Jan 2005

Re: Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage to remain open 2.5 hours after park closing this su

Originally posted by kriskitty22 View Post
      Yep. No different from current policy. We are there until all of the guests in the line are cycled out. This is why we close the queue's exactly at the announcement. People get annoyed that we don't give any leeway, but if we did, we'd never get to go home! lol
      So with that said, it is a departure from current policy that they are cutting off the line after 2.5 hours, right? Typically, they'd cycle all guests out, no matter how long the queue is.... I guess, though, that normally, queues wouldn't surpass 2.5 waittime at park closing.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

Comment

• CelestialImperium
        Destroyer of Mallcore
        • May 2007

I was thinking about riding this first but now maybe i'd ride it last since I don't have any kids in my family

Now, I'll turn that little mouse's dream into a nightmare Fantasmic!

Comment

• peoplemover1
          I Love Disneyland!!
          • Feb 2006

Originally posted by MasterGracey View Post
          I do applaud Disney, however, for having snacks, games, and other activities available for those standing in the queue. Good show.
          Thanks for the update MG!! This is very cool and I might just get into line just to get this game info!! They did such a good job with the Pirates Lair maps that I can't wait to see what they come up with for Nemo.

On another note... I have ran over to SM many times at 11:58pm to get in line for one last ride and have never been turned away (unless it was broken down... but that never happens at SM [insert SARCASM here]). I would have to guess that the only reason people were turned away was because the attraction was down again and why form a new line at 15 min till closing??

I am also thinking that they will have all paths leading to other lands roped off and you will have to leave through Tomorrowland and exit onto Main Street (all stores will be closed 1 hour after park closing) and you will be watched by security as you exit the park. Tram service will stop at the regular time and you WILL have to hoof it back to your car .... so make that part of your plan (for those of you who can not walk that distance).

I am assuming all stores in Tomorrowland will close at their regular time and these Nemo treats will be sold from carts. Anyone know the real story on that? and will this start on Monday?? I can't wait to see what this "frozen apple juice" is like!

Again... great job bringing us the news MasterGracey!!! :wave:

p.s. I LOVE YOUR NEW AVATAR!!!!

Originally posted by CelestialImperium View Post
          I was thinking about riding this first but now maybe i'd ride it last since I don't have any kids in my family
          Keep in mind that the lagoon will look different at night than during the day. I have not seen it at night but I rode it on Wed. morning and it was spectacular... I am thinking daytime will be my favorite!!
          Last edited by peoplemover1; 06-08-2007, 08:49 AM. Reason: spelling
          I'm addicted and I don't care!!! :yea:

Comment

• surfergurl756
            New MiceChatter
            • Mar 2007

the Nemo treats and activity books are going to be available starting Monday. They figure if they have something to entertain kids in line will keep people content in the possibly 6-12 hour line. Also they want to do everything they can to prevent grandma holding a spot in line while the rest of the family goes off to do other things. Space Saving will cause a lot of tension within the guests. especially when you are spending hours standing with these people. Oh yea, and the frozen apple juice tastes like frozen martinelli's sparkling cider

Comment

• sediment
              Banned User
              • Jan 2005

Even for this attraction and its newness, there has to be some amount of time that equals, "I'm not waiting THAT long; let's do something else," for 99% of the guests.
              So, what is the lowest amount of waiting that would be considered "too long" for 99% of the guests?
              I think 2 hours will turn most people away from the end of the line. Two hours in DL could be six attractions.
              Consider:
              1. It's not Indy.
              2. It's not 1995.
              3. It's not around 50% of the guests' only visit to DL for the year.

Comment

• surfergurl756
                New MiceChatter
                • Mar 2007

i think they people are more than willing to wait for past two hours. Maybe not some of the people here that can go to disneyland in the middle of september when no one is there. but there are people all over the state and country that specifically planned trips for this upcoming week. even with all the excitement on these boards, poeple will wait to see nemo.

Scenario1: annual passholders who can go whenever they want have been on all the rides at disneyland, but really want to see Nemo, so they wait
                Scenario 2: family on vacation from another state, staying at DLR for three days, one for DCA one for DL and one for Nemo

...and if the park is at full capacity, there will be decent waits for the other rides as well with people that went specifically to do stuff other than Nemo.

Comment

• MollyTrolly
                  Hiding in the shadows
                  • Jan 2007

Originally posted by sediment View Post
                  So, what is the lowest amount of waiting that would be considered "too long" for 99% of the guests?
                  I think 2 hours will turn most people away from the end of the line. Two hours in DL could be six attractions.
                  Consider:
                  For me I think 2 hours would be pushing it, even without my kids. With my 3 year old we could probably do 90 minutes. We may try to get on it beore the So Cal summer blockout dates, if not, it will have to wait till late August.

I really hope that Disney is trying to do things to avoid people cutting in line (i.e. joining those that have "saved" invisible spaces for them. I think they need to wristband like they are for the pins (it is the pins they are doing that for right?) Since the line is going to be so long, saving a space will be very tempting for many who are far back in the queue.

A little piece of heaven

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X