This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will we ever see Western River Expedition

I know it has never fully come to fruition but it sounds so great and its just what Frontierland needs, will we ever see it or anything close to it!?!

Re: Will we ever see Western River Expedition

No.
    Next question.

Comment

It was supposed to be at the Magic Kingdom, not Disneyland, right?

Comment

Is anyone at WDI still behind it or anything similar?

Comment

isnt there a thread about this already?
          Marquis d'Bod of the RCMC... always and forever

Comment

Originally posted by PhaseBlue View Post
            It was supposed to be at the Magic Kingdom, not Disneyland, right?
            Originally planned for the Magic Kingdom. Apparently Davis tried for inclusion at Disneyland and Tokyo Disneyland.

Originally posted by 1disneynut2another View Post
            Is anyone at WDI still behind it or anything similar?
            Probably not. It was Marc Davis' project.

Comment

In this day and age it would be more helpful to DCA to have an immersive dark ride for the whole family. Plus the historical aspect of it would add to the park.

Comment

I doubt we ever will
                "Pain is temporary, Film is Forever..."

http://www.youtube.com/user/DisneyDude

Comment

Many other Imagineers have pushed for it in the past. Management refuses to see this idea become a reality, unfortunately. In response, some Imagineers have slipped little nods to Marc Davis's concept that management hasn't noticed, oddly enough.

I'd like to see it be gold rush themed and placed in DCA, as it's the type of ride the park needs. And I DON'T understand why we have a California-themed theme park, and yet there is NOTHING there relating to the gold rush.

This website has an in-depth look at the concept and it's history: http://www.omniluxe.net/wyw/wre.htm

Comment

I love that idea Pineapplewhipaddict. I really do. It is just what DCA needs.
                    Permanecer sentado por favor...

Comment

If it ever goes anywhere it should be at WDW, which is where it was supposed to go.

Comment

Originally posted by aimster View Post
                        If it ever goes anywhere it should be at WDW, which is where it was supposed to go.
                        Actually, it was suppose to be here in Anaheim, not WDW. It was designed as a replacement for the Mine Train Through Nature's Wonderland ride that was shutting down. But the pressure from other parks for thrill rides and budget concerns shelfed the project and we now have Big Thunder which was cheaper and is a thrill ride.

Comment

like i ve said before, do it up in HKDL
                          Marquis d'Bod of the RCMC... always and forever

Comment

Originally posted by Aimster; If it ever goes anywhere it should be at WDW, which is where it was supposed to go.
                            Originally posted by Nautilus View Post
                            Actually, it was suppose to be here in Anaheim, not WDW. It was designed as a replacement for the Mine Train Through Nature's Wonderland ride that was shutting down. But the pressure from other parks for thrill rides and budget concerns shelfed the project and we now have Big Thunder which was cheaper and is a thrill ride.
                            http://www.omniluxe.net/wyw/wre.htm < Just click here for the Whole Story...

Actually, according to this lovely link posted here by pineapplewhipaddict (thank you!) it was originally designed for WDW as the centerpiece to their Frontierland (which never had the benefit of the Nature's Wonderland Mine Train / Conestoga Wagon / Burro rides).

Unfortunately for Aimster, it will probably never make it to WDW as it was supposed to go under the existing BTMRR; and it was supposed to include burro rides and hiking trails on top of the ride as well - think how awesome that would have been ?!

When the public outcry / dissappointment over not including a POTC attraction in WDW's MK came to a head, Disney opted for a POTC ride instead of the more costly / original Western River Expedition. First DL, and then the WDW MK, got the "cheap" version of the original concept - "just" the BTMRR, without the interconnected other attractions (which all but wiped out Nature's Wonderland and the 3 original attractions associated with it in Disneyland...)

It's still described as the "Greatest Ride Never Built..."
                            Last edited by EvilQueen; 06-08-2007, 08:06 PM.
                            "I've got the heart of a child..." - I keep it in a box, next to my bed...

Comment

what was this ride supposed to be?
                              sigpicDISNEYROYALTY

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X