This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cast Members being trained to give the wrong information to Guests

On Saturday I was passing by Ariel's Grotto where there was a very large group of new hires having their in-park portion of Traditions.

Just as I was passing by, the trainer was pointing out the Tink wires coming off the Matterhorn and said:

"Now, you see those wires up there? Who here remembers the Skyway? Well, those are the wires that connected Tomorrowland to Fantasyland when the Skyway was still open."

:smart:

Re: Cast Members being trained to give the wrong information to Guests

If someone believes that then they are just not thinking clearly. Even if you know nothing of Disneyland you can see that those wires go into a tree.

Comment

Not good, definately not good......

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
        If someone believes that then they are just not thinking clearly. Even if you know nothing of Disneyland you can see that those wires go into a tree.
        Either that, or TDA needs to seriously reconsider how their Traditions trainers are chosen.

Right now, from what I understand it, the veteran CM (you know, someone who lasts more than 3 months) who kisses the most backside to their leads and managers gets to do it.

Maybe they need to change the process to a real interview process complete with a series of short tests to get real experts training the people who will be directly interacting with guests in the park. They should even open it up externally if they have to. Most APs seem to know more about the park and how to deal with people than the person training those new CMs on Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by ManaByte View Post
          Either that, or TDA needs to seriously reconsider how their Traditions trainers are chosen.
          This is probably the case. Just think of all the misinformation that is already out there. I would probably say that this wasn't deliberate, but that the person was just misinformed.
          Last edited by SciFi96; 06-13-2007, 06:20 AM. Reason: grammatical error
          sigpic
          When attractions were original

Comment

Originally posted by SciFi96 View Post
            This is probably the case. Just think of all the misinformation that is already out there. I would probably say that this wasn't deliberate, but that the person was just misinformed.
            I'd agree. I assume Traditions doesn't teach much park trivia. They probably tell the guides to interject personal info, and their info is just wrong.

Comment

Ask people what that little round marker on the ground just inside of the castle, is for.
              sigpic

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Comment

On Saturday I was passing by Ariel's Grotto where there was a very large group of new hires having their in-park portion of Traditions.

Just as I was passing by, the trainer was pointing out the Tink wires coming off the Matterhorn and said:

"Now, you see those wires up there? Who here remembers the Skyway? Well, those are the wires that connected Tomorrowland to Fantasyland when the Skyway was still open."

:smart:
                Maybe they were trying to preserve the magic. After all, I would NEVER tell a guest what the wires are really for!

Comment

Originally posted by inknpaintclub View Post
                  Maybe they were trying to preserve the magic. After all, I would NEVER tell a guest what the wires are really for!
                  Then you say that's where Tink hangs her laundry or where Captain Hook hangs Lost Boys. Not that it was the Skyway wires...

Comment

Maybe a little Disney humor?

Comment

Then you say that's where Tink hangs her laundry or where Captain Hook hangs Lost Boys. Not that it was the Skyway wires...
                      Hmm... Thanks, I'm going to use that!

Comment

Or maybe not even mention the wires. If someone asks, just change the subject "Oh, don't forget to watch the Remember firewords tonight at 9:25". Wink wink.

Comment

That's awesome! I was trying to think of some good quips for that.

Although, any idiot watching the fireworks can clearly see the fairly large descender that Tink rides on and that it is on those wires. So outright lying is definitely not good (even if they don't notice it's not). But throwing the Disney magic into it by saying Tink hangs her laundry there is perfect. Will get a chuckle and a smile and people will remember that later when they see Tink up there.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Comment

Wow. The Skyway wires? Sounds like not only the guests leave their brains at the gates. lol

Comment

Oh...So those wires use to serve as a sky bucket ride in the day! I always wondered what those things were used for, now I know. Regards to Tinker Bell she does fly through the air with the greatest of ease..

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X