This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there any advantage to the Fantasmic Viewing from the Disney Gallery

I'm trying to plan a trip and was wondering if the $60 was worth it for the Fantasmic viewing. Do you get any perks other than dessert? Or should I just buy more concept art from the Gallery to store under my bed?
    sigpic
    When attractions were original

Re: Is there any advantage to the Fantasmic Viewing from the Disney Gallery

Originally posted by SciFi96 View Post
    I'm trying to plan a trip and was wondering if the $60 was worth it for the Fantasmic viewing. Do you get any perks other than dessert? Or should I just buy more concept art from the Gallery to store under my bed?
    WHAT????? Ok I am guessing that last part was instead of paying for the viewing you would do that?!?!?

The Fantasmic! viewing is really nice, but do it by the river if you really want to just see Fantasmic!, if you want a great view of the fireworks the Gallery viewing is really great. But for Fantasmic! a lot of light bleeds in from around the area while watching the show.

J
    Kungaloosh!

*END OF LINE*

Comment

Originally posted by Jerm View Post
      WHAT????? Ok I am guessing that last part was instead of paying for the viewing you would do that?!?!?
      Yes I should have clarified it by saying should I save the money and buy more art to hoard under my bed (meaning I have lots, but no where to put it).
      sigpic
      When attractions were original

Comment

It's a nice experience if you happen to have some extra cash lying around that you can't seem to come up with a good reason for not spending. The price is high for such a short amount of entertainment. The view is not spectacular for the show but it is good for the fireworks. For the same price you could get probably get a better bang for your buck elsewhere in the park.

Comment

I have done the Balcony 3 times. I absolutely love it up there! As a special treat, yes, I think it is worth the money.
          "This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." WD

"Women are the best judges of anything we turn out. Their taste is very important. They are the theatergoers, they are the ones who drag the men in. If the women like it, to heck with the men." WD

Individuality is a great thing....as long as we think alike.

sigpic

Comment

I'm booked for the balcony in just over a week. So I'd say yes.

For me the main issue is time. I don't get many chances to visit DLR so I like to make the most of it when I can. By booking the balcony I don't have to show up for fantasmic hours ahead of time to get a decent view.

So the combo of crowd avoidance and tasty desserts works for me.

It does tend to sell out quickly so call right when the reservation desk opens. Remember you need to call one month in advance not 30 or 31 days. For example, If you want to go on the 5th of August you need to call on the 5th of July.
            "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."

-Mark Twain

Comment

Never been on the balcony to see fantasmic...but looking forward to chance of being able to see the show w/o showing up an hour early just to get a good seat.

Comment

We had a nice time viewing the show from the balcony. The view was great and avoiding the crowds was important to us. The desserts were pretty good too.

Comment

It is really nice to be able to avoid the crowds on the ground. It is a bit pricey but it is a special and unique experience. I won't be doing it this year as we were told that it looks like they are not doing it in the month of July
                  A true Disney gal…princess at heart, forever dreamer, constant believer :love: :ghug:

In serious need of a Disneyland trip
                  :captain: :ap: dMom

Check out my blog, Diary of a Disney Dork: http://diaryofadisneydork.blogspot.com/

Comment

I booked the balcony last summer and absolutely loved it. I definitely think this is an amazing experience. You don't have anyone kicking you in the back or stepping over you to find a spot. A server takes drink orders for everyone and there is a massive display of fruit and desserts. Completely worth it.
                    "Always smile. Never frown, even when you're down. Because you never know when someone is falling in love with your smile." -Unknown

Comment

Originally posted by wickeddisneygurl View Post
                      It is really nice to be able to avoid the crowds on the ground. It is a bit pricey but it is a special and unique experience. I won't be doing it this year as we were told that it looks like they are not doing it in the month of July
                      Change of plans for Disney. The Balcony is back in business.
                      "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."

-Mark Twain

Comment

It's worth doing once. A few years ago we rang in the new year from the balcony and the show followed.
                        Have bicycle, will ride. Finished 2012 with 10,089 miles, 683 hours, and 482,000 feet of elevation gain.
                        2013: 201 rides, 8171 miles, 544 hours, 480K feet.
                        2014 so far: 7846 miles, 451,000 feet
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Moonliner View Post
                          Change of plans for Disney. The Balcony is back in business.
                          We called Monday and they said they weren't doing it in the month of July.
                          A true Disney gal…princess at heart, forever dreamer, constant believer :love: :ghug:

In serious need of a Disneyland trip
                          :captain: :ap: dMom

Check out my blog, Diary of a Disney Dork: http://diaryofadisneydork.blogspot.com/

Comment

Definately worth it, I won't even bother with Fantasmic unless I can get the Balcony.

BTW the premium seating by the ROA is not worth it IMHO.

Comment

a *free* alternative is to grab seats in the RiverBelle terrace seating area. Not balcony spectacular by any means, but definitely out of range of the stomp on your head kick you in the back crowd area. You get to sit in a CHAIR!
                              Be Nice or Leave

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X