• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soarin' Over California TOTALY Recreated in Rollercoaster Tycoon 3

You HAVE to see this!

http://www.t65789.co.uk/Soarin'_Over_California.wmv

5 out of 5!
    ...a vaguely celtic music fills the air...

That was pretty weird. FREAKING AWESOME, but weird.

Comment

OMG! That was amazing. That must have taken a lot of hard work. My son saw it, now he says he has to have that game.

Comment

Very well done!

Comment

Pretty darn cool.

Comment

OMG! That was amazing! I can smell the Orange and Pine
            :ap: "The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing." :ap:

Comment

Nice, but looks more like it was done in OpenGL than RCT3.
              J.B. Opie

"Doubt is the rust of a feeble mind. The only way to seize the future is to grasp the present. Let's Go!"

-Chairman Clench, Alien Encounter

Comment

Originally posted by J.B.Opie
                Nice, but looks more like it was done in OpenGL than RCT3.
                Everything in the video can be done with RCT3 & the new Soak expansion pack. ***Minor Spoiler***: most of the flying objects were coasters with the tracks/supports put into invisible mode. Also, sandbox mode allows an unlimited budget and time. I cannot even imagine how many hours this must have taken. Not only is the timing impressive, but the terrain detail mirrors the attraction about as well as anyone could in RCT3. :bow: :bow: :bow:

Comment

That was pretty amazing!
                  Next trip September 2013

Past trips:
                  May 2010 TDL and DisneySea
                  September 2006 TDL and DisneySea

Dec 2005 DL
                  June 2003 DL
                  Dec 2002 WDW
                  April 2002 DLP
                  Dec 2001 DL
                  Nov 2000 WDW
                  Oct 2000 DL
                  Oct 1997 WDW
                  April 1994 DL

Comment

Never tried that feature in RCT3, and now that I think about it, RCT3 must have been written in OpenGL through C++ or another language, many 3D games and visuals are designed through OpenGL and Maya. I haven't had the opportunity to work with OpenGL...yet.

This guy did a good job and must be a big fan of Soarin'.
                    J.B. Opie

"Doubt is the rust of a feeble mind. The only way to seize the future is to grasp the present. Let's Go!"

-Chairman Clench, Alien Encounter

Comment

I think these people also made a Fantasmic Ride as well. ALSO very amazing. Kudos to all the hard work that was put into this. :bow: :bow:
                      "To all who come to this happy place, welcome..."

Comment

Grr, I can't stream at work, can someone post a hotlink so I can Save Target As???
                        Originally posted by drunkmom
                        this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

Comment

HAHAHAHA I love it!!!!
                          Katie :yea:
                          Founding member of the BA I LOVE us!!!
                          :sc: FIGHT ON!!!!!!

Comment

The RCT3 Fantasmic: The Ride was made by somebody else. I wish the link was still active but apparently not working now. Both are awesome examples of what can be done with time. The game takes a very powerful computer to run properly and I do know that the Fantasmic: The Ride video took him over 100 hours, the use of a stop watch to time the music and spreads over 10 Sandbox Parks. It was never meant as Parks you could through, but only edited together in Movei Maker and was made specifically to be a video. I love his end statment as that just about sums up both these incredible RCT3 recreations. The Atari dot com site has a link to a forum simiiar to this, with tech help, links to downloads and uploads of you parks. There is also an RCT3 Pyro Site with fireworks. Many of the Disney Fireworks are recreated on this site. I believe the Atari Forum has a link to both the Fantasmic the ride and the pyro site. I found a great fog effect at the Pyro site and put it my Harry Potter Park in Slytherin House in the Haunted Forest section. It really works great.
                            Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

Comment

dang....amazing! that's all i can say.

ps: can someone post a link to the RCT3 Fantasmic Ride that ya'll are talkin about......thanks!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X