This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank You Matt Ouimet

I'm creating this thread as a thank you and appreciation thread for former Disneyland Resort President, Matthew Ouimet. I don't post too often here on MiceChat, but I have been a reader of MiceAge since its creation and have followed Disneyland's progress from pre-50th onward. Al spoke of a man who became our savior of the Happiest Place on Earth, and that man is Mr. Matt Ouimet.

Prior to Matt's short stay as head of the Disneyland Resort, our beloved Disneyland and shortcoming Disney's California Adventure had both fallen into years of neglect under the Gapheads, Harris and Pressler. Matt did more than any leader since Walt had, and did so in an all too brief stay at Disneyland. Under Matt's direction, new projects were pushed forward and costly refurbishments unseen in Disneyland since the time of Walt himself were given the greenlight. Attractions such as Walt Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room were given a fresh breath and a second chance at life, Main Street and many other areas of the park received new paint and plusses to make them gleam as though the park was experiencing a new Golden Age. Most importantly, Matt Ouimet stirred enough corporate waves to get Imagineers and the Disney Company itself to again believe in the magic by pushing for a reopening and reimagining of the beloved and long-lost Submarine Voyage. Under Matt Ouimet's outstanding leadership, Disneyland was ushered and brought into a true Golden Age that has lasted through the 50th Anniversary onward.

As a person who truly loves the Disney theme parks worldwide, and having visited Walt Disney World during its better days during the 1990's, my first visit to Disneyland last year right after Matt's leaving of the Disneyland Resort made me fall in love with the time and place that is "Matt's Disneyland." All of the hopes and dreams I had of Disneyland were true, and all of my complaints about Walt Disney World's current disgrace were completely blown away by the state of Disneyland's sheer magic and presence. Matt, like Walt, took the extra effort to walk the park as a guest and see things through the eyes of those the park was created for...us. Thank you Matt, for being our champion and savior of not only Disneyland, but of the fact that a little imagination can break free of corporate restraint and make the world believe that anything is possible...again.

We miss you pal, and hopefully we'll see you back at Disneyland one day.

Thank you Matt Ouimet,
    Chris "Counting down the days until my visit next summer" Mercaldo
    Long Island, New York

Well guys, I think its only appropriate that we all take part in thanking Matt O, even if its a simple "thank you" post...I'm sure he'll check back at MiceChat someday, and he really deserves a little love...without him, the 50th would've been a slump, attendance would be down, paint would still be chipped, and most importantly...we'd have no subs and no imagination in Disneyland.

Re: Thank You Matt Ouimet

Thanks, Matt! Come back, please!

Comment

thanks

Comment

I agree Matt deserves a huge thank you! So.... THANK YOU!!!

Comment

Thank you matt! i agree please come back!!!

Comment

I'd say we should all give him a group hug but that would kill him.
            Nemo's not in slumberland anymore!

Comment

Thanks Matt

Comment

Absolutely! Thanks to Matt Ouimet! Without him Disneyland probably would not have the subs back.
                Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

Comment

Thank you so much, Matt

Comment

We all say Thank you Matt Ouimet
                    Make it the best two year of Disneyland. ever had.
                    You did show that Disneyland Can make money with put it money in up keep.

Now I been hear that Walt Disney world is not do the up keep of the parks.

I feel sad when Matt Ouimet left Disneyland to Hotel resort and the same sadness when Walt Disney die.

We hope there will be someone Like Show man like Walt and Matt come to Disneyland.
                    AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day šoš 2010
                    Alan

Toy Story Mania construction:
                    Older photo
                    New Photo

Member of
                    MiceChat WDW Trip
                    Next trip
                    2014 Dec, 31

Comment

Matt was awesome, when I worked at Disneyland when he was President of the resort he would always visit my attraction and ask how everyone was doing and what we thought could be better / changed...Since he left, I have yet to even see Ed Grier besides the occasional shot on here

Comment

Thank you Matt, for choosing Money over us.

hahaha i kid i kiid! Kinda.

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary... Impossible is nothing."
                        -Adidas
                        Originally posted by KISSman
                        In the grand scope of life, there's nothing actually cool about being knowledgeable about an amusement park.

Comment

"Next week, he gives Disney fans a bit of hope for the return of an old favorite. As a result of Ouimet's campaigning for more attractions, Walt Disney Imagineers will begin "testing the waters" at Submarine Lagoon, exploring how the ride might be revived after a six-year hiatus. If it reopens, the theme is expected to be from 'Finding Nemo,' the hit movie from Disney-Pixar."

-The OC Regiester - September 10th, 2004

Remember Matt...
                          http://www.ocregister.com/ocr/sectio...cle_234447.php

Comment

That's "Cast Member (in perpetuity) Matt."

Comment

Without Matt Ouimet, the Lilly Belle almost certainly would have been cut up or sold.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X