This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln, I heart you...please return :(

Anyone know when I can expect the return of one of my favorite attractions??? (No offense to Steve Martin)

Re: Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln, I heart you...please return

they're holding off on it. Which is good cause I really don't mind if it doesn't come back.
    http://www.myspace.com/nygard33

Comment

Serious question here.

Do people just miss it for the nostalgia factor and its history?

This attraction really isn't an E-ticket affair. Neither should it be a D, C, or B.

Zzzzzzzz

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary... Impossible is nothing."
      -Adidas
      Originally posted by KISSman
      In the grand scope of life, there's nothing actually cool about being knowledgeable about an amusement park.

Comment

If I want to see a president, I'll go to my school textbooks.

Comment

Originally posted by monorail1 View Post
          Anyone know when I can expect the return of one of my favorite attractions??? (No offense to Steve Martin)
          In one of the podcasts I listen to (don't remember which one), they were interviewing Tony Baxter about the Subs and he mentioned Lincoln coming back. Who knows when. Maybe he'll be pirate Lincoln when he comes back. :mob:

Comment

exactly, it was supposed to return a few months ago, but it isn't a big draw and the movie is a bigger draw then if Lincoln was back. So I don't see why Linc should return. Once was enough for me.
            http://www.myspace.com/nygard33

Comment

Originally posted by Jeronius View Post
              Serious question here.

Do people just miss it for the nostalgia factor and its history?
              Originally posted by MRBboy2005 View Post
              If I want to see a president, I'll go to my school textbooks.
              It is not only an entertaining History Lesson, it is also a great Disney History Lesson. Bring it back to a permanent home, whether that be on Main Street, or in Frontierland.

Comment

I love the show.

It is what Walt would want back...

Brings back a certain history to main street. I miss it.
                "Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money." ~ Walt Disney

Comment

I'd like to have Mr. Lincoln return. However, I don't think returning him in the way he was before is the way to go. I think creating a dark ride on Main Street about the history of America would be the way to go. This way good ol' Abe, as well as other major American influences could be incorporated. Then end the dark ride with Walt and the opening of Disneyland.

...Joe...

Comment

Originally posted by fo'c's'le swab View Post
                    It is not only an entertaining History Lesson, it is also a great Disney History Lesson. Bring it back to a permanent home, whether that be on Main Street, or in Frontierland.
                    Right but at least update it. Make Lincoln fully animated like the Auctioneer in Pirates. Maybe that will appeal to some of the public.

Heck make Lincoln walk too. Thats what they did in WDW.

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary... Impossible is nothing."
                    -Adidas
                    In the grand scope of life, there's nothing actually cool about being knowledgeable about an amusement park.

Comment

Well they were going to liven up the story and some wise guy in Imagineering built a John Wilks Booth animatronic, sadly since that day theres no more great moments
                      There is no right or wrong in this debate. It is simply a matter of perspective.
                      -Dr. Strange

Comment

Originally posted by Wren View Post
                        Well they were going to liven up the story and some wise guy in Imagineering built a John Wilks Booth animatronic, sadly since that day theres no more great moments
                        Heck I'd go to that attraction.

Just in time for the National Treasure 2 movie!

-Adidas

Comment

Originally posted by Jeronius View Post
                          Right but at least update it. Make Lincoln fully animated like the Auctioneer in Pirates. Maybe that will appeal to some of the public.

Heck make Lincoln walk too. Thats what they did in WDW.

Make it walk? Hmmmm.

Put him in Innoventions and call him Asimo Lincoln!

Chad

Comment

I would like to see it return.. only because I had NEVER SEEN IT...

In fact, I hadn't even been in that area until my friend took me in there to watch the Steve Martin 50th Anniversary movie just to cool off cuz it was really hot that day..

DISNEYLAND: It even makes science geeks look cool!!

Comment

I love Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln. I suppose it's part nostalgia, but not Disney nostalgia, I think a touch of patriotism has always fit with Main Street. Things like Independence Day, Memorial Day, Veterans Day, all ask us to honor those that went before us and helped make this country safe and free. Great Moments fits that ideal, it reminds us and asks us to take a moment, remember and appreciate. It gives the park just that much more credibility and gravitas... it says that some of the stuff that live at the park are there to make you feel, not JUST be thrilled, but think and feel.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X