Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MSEP Rehab Question

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • MSEP Rehab Question

    Hi, my name is Joey and I am a long time lurker looking to get involved with MiceChat.

    I have heard rumors that MSEP is going to have a rehab when the Christmas Parade comes over to DCA this holiday season. I was wondering if anyone knew how extensive the rehab is going to be and if they were planning on adding new floats.


    I was also wondering what everyone would think if Disneyland put MSEP back in Disneyland, especially since it will have been 10 years since it left DL. (1996 right?) I would much prefer watching it at Disneyland myself, but I think it may be too chaotic crowd control wise. Im not even sure that DCA's speakers can play the separate audio tracks (Alice, Dwarfs...etc.) or if those sounds are played from the floats. When I watched DEP at DCA it seemed like some of the music came from the floats.

  • #2
    Welcome to Mice Chat. I would hope they would bring MSEP back home to DL. They have a first rate fireworks show, a first rate Fantasmic show, and a second rate parade. Plug in MSEP and they get aces across the board.
    sigpic

    This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

    Comment


    • #3
      Most of the electrical parade floats have their own speakers and broadcast their soundtrack as they travel down the parade route.

      http://guardrail.net/msep.html

      That link will take you to a page dedicated to the MSEP, it's got some interesting info on it.
      Partnership for an Idiot Free America
      :mob:

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by DextersLab
        Most of the electrical parade floats have their own speakers and broadcast their soundtrack as they travel down the parade route.

        http://guardrail.net/msep.html

        That link will take you to a page dedicated to the MSEP, it's got some interesting info on it.
        The website was very interesting. Thanks for sharing.

        Comment


        • #5
          I think it should return to Disneyland. However, I think it should be highly updated because lighting technology has evolved immensely over the past 10 years and the MSEP deserves the best. My recommendation is redoing the parade with fiber optics that "sparkle" and cover the entire float. Maybe even do animation through fiber optics so that the floats can take on new life or display classic Disney scenes.

          The music could be digitally remastered to sound newer than ever and a couple modern classics like Beauty and the Beast and Little Mermaid thrown into the mix. Something needs to be done to it before the MSEP can come back to Disneyland. As charming and awesome as the show is, it's just not up to Disneyland's standards anymore as far as attracting tourists goes. It's okay for 1996 in Disneyland and today in DCA, since no one expects much from DCA anyway, but it might look a little old inside Disneyland today.

          In any case, I don't care what they do with it, as long as it finally returns to Disneyland like it's supposed to be.

          Comment


          • #6
            DCA would have to get something before the MSEP returned to the Magic Kingdom...it is one of the few draws at DCA, so it will certainly not be leaving any time during the 50th. Give DCA a suitable lagoon show and a California-themed nighttime parade and then send the MSEP back home. There are tons of possibilities for a Cali themed nighttime parade, too...and it might even end up being pretty.
            -Kyle, Member of the DCA Lovers Alliance
            I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by pyrateslife4me84
              DCA would have to get something before the MSEP returned to the Magic Kingdom...it is one of the few draws at DCA, so it will certainly not be leaving any time during the 50th. Give DCA a suitable lagoon show and a California-themed nighttime parade and then send the MSEP back home. There are tons of possibilities for a Cali themed nighttime parade, too...and it might even end up being pretty.
              How about trading POD for MSEP ASAP?
              sigpic

              This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Druggas
                How about trading POD for MSEP ASAP?
                That's possible for after the 50th, but for now, they certainly won't take the 50th themed parade away from DL...and that would leave DL w/o a daytime parade......
                -Kyle, Member of the DCA Lovers Alliance
                I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Well, there's got to be some reason to go to DCA, doesn't there?

                  I remember seeing Spectromagic when it first debuted at WDW to replace MSEP. And it was impressive, and had optics, and electroluminescent glow panels, and all that jazz. Three years later, and a lot of the effects were gone (at least the panels).

                  I'm happy with MSEP staying at DCA, but it needs more floats for sure, both a return or reconstruction of some of the old ones, and some new additions.

                  In the meantime, it's still one of the most incredible things the WDC has ever done, even in it's present incarnations. I'm personally thrilled each and every time I get to witness it.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Wotan
                    Well, there's got to be some reason to go to DCA, doesn't there?

                    I remember seeing Spectromagic when it first debuted at WDW to replace MSEP. And it was impressive, and had optics, and electroluminescent glow panels, and all that jazz. Three years later, and a lot of the effects were gone (at least the panels).

                    I'm happy with MSEP staying at DCA, but it needs more floats for sure, both a return or reconstruction of some of the old ones, and some new additions.

                    In the meantime, it's still one of the most incredible things the WDC has ever done, even in it's present incarnations. I'm personally thrilled each and every time I get to witness it.
                    I'd personally love to see a brand new light parade...the things they have came up with over at TDL are incredible, so given the right funding, they could get a very nice, modern parade. Even SpectroMagic is great...I definitely like its music better than Baroque Hoedown, which is just a bizarre, though catchy, song to me.

                    How about some floats from the more recent films (and by more recent, I mean the ones that have actually been good, which takes us back to the early- to mid-90s..........................)? I'd love to see some floats from Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, The Lion King, and Hercules. They can feel free to avoid such MASTERPIECES as DINOSAUR, Atlantis, and Home on the Range, however...ugh.
                    -Kyle, Member of the DCA Lovers Alliance
                    I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Just to get nitpicky... MSEP is not at DCA and it never will be.

                      DEP, Disney's Electric Parade is currently at DCA. DCA doesn't have a Main Street


                      And to comment on a nother light show it would be nice but with Fantasmic there is no need for another nighttime entertainment offering at Disneyland. If they do do something though I wish they'd bring back the Light Magic soundtrack, the music was awesome!
                      Joey AKA "dlfreak"
                      www.mouseinfo.com

                      I'm addicted to Disneyland. Disneyland hobbies are expensive.
                      If I become a bum people are going to say "Don't give him money, he's just gonna use it on Disneyland."
                      Disneyland. My Anti-drug.

                      With all this talk of "off the shelf" and "on the back-burner" it seems the only thing that DCA is really missing is the kitchen sink!

                      Create your own Virtual pet today!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Druggas
                        How about trading POD for MSEP ASAP?
                        Sounds good to me... and I haven't even seen POD yet!
                        I just want MSEP back where it belongs! DCA can be PIXAR-ville...
                        DISNEYland should be DISNEY!

                        (Don't get me wrong, I do like DCA - One of the few who do!
                        - but the MSEP doesn't belong there!)

                        :vogue:

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          try also this page

                          http://msep.ifrance.com/
                          HKDL : Done !!!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by dlfreak
                            Just to get nitpicky... MSEP is not at DCA and it never will be.

                            DEP, Disney's Electric Parade is currently at DCA. DCA doesn't have a Main Street


                            And to comment on a nother light show it would be nice but with Fantasmic there is no need for another nighttime entertainment offering at Disneyland. If they do do something though I wish they'd bring back the Light Magic soundtrack, the music was awesome!
                            yep that's very true

                            I agree with the fantasmic thing too

                            that's always been the way I've seen it

                            Fantasmic took the place of a nightime parade


                            after all if the history's I've heard are correct the Electrical parade was created because Disneyland couldn't do that whole boat thing that WDW had going for it so they made it a parade instead

                            and now their's fantasmic which has boats water floats and tons of acting and effects
                            "We all have sparks, imagination! it's how our minds... create creations!"

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Druggas
                              How about trading POD for MSEP ASAP?
                              Then you'd have the sound of Walt's voice ringing out over DCA saying "To all who come to this happy place--Welcome!"

                              Which has a certain irony to it, don't you think?

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X