Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What to do with Thunder Trail

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • What to do with Thunder Trail

    With all the talk on here about wasted space I thought I would address one of the most underdeveloped spots... no not DCA ... Thunder Trail. By Thunder Trail I am including the BTR, Festival Arena, and that entire unused area along the trail... So Disney has provided us with a completely blank canvas. Any thoughts?
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

    sigpic

    "Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"


  • #2
    Re: What to do with Thunder Trail

    Leave it. It's neat to think about that there is space available.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: What to do with Thunder Trail

      I think it's a great place to relax in; it's quiet, calming, and dark at night. It's just too bad that the smoking area is back there, it kills the mood.
      Took mom to Disneyland for the first time in over 20 years this week! Woo!
      - March 1, 2006

      She screamed, cried, and laughed...
      - me too!

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: What to do with Thunder Trail

        Yes, leave it as is. It's nice to have a bit if "wilderness" in Frontierland.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: What to do with Thunder Trail

          Leave it. There's no space for a ride, because Festival Arena and Big Thunder Ranch should stay, so there's nothing that can really be done...

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: What to do with Thunder Trail

            I agree. It should be left alone.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: What to do with Thunder Trail

              The trail is perfect. It's relaxing and hardly ever to crowded.

              They could improve the ranch area. I don't think a ride needs to go in it, but right now it's just not to interesting. We have only been there twice in the last 3 years. Once was when it was decorated for Halloween..

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: What to do with Thunder Trail

                I'm surprised so many people are calling for the area that is best suited for a big ride to be left alone. It's fine but when people ask for a new innovative ride where should it go? Is a peaceful walk more enjoyable than a top-notch attraction?

                Chad

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: What to do with Thunder Trail

                  That area of the park is a bit decieving, I think. On the eastern side you have BTMRR and on the western side you have ROA and BTR. There may be some room for a better than average sized dark ride but that really is about it. I would say it's not worth tearing up what is usually a peaceful area of the park to be in just for a ride that they really do not have a whole lot of room for.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: What to do with Thunder Trail

                    Originally posted by aashee View Post
                    I'm surprised so many people are calling for the area that is best suited for a big ride to be left alone. It's fine but when people ask for a new innovative ride where should it go? Is a peaceful walk more enjoyable than a top-notch attraction?

                    Chad

                    Agreed.


                    myspace.com/xrybox


                    Next trip to Disneyland - August 17, 2007

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: What to do with Thunder Trail

                      Originally posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
                      That area of the park is a bit decieving, I think. On the eastern side you have BTMRR and on the western side you have ROA and BTR. There may be some room for a better than average sized dark ride but that really is about it. I would say it's not worth tearing up what is usually a peaceful area of the park to be in just for a ride that they really do not have a whole lot of room for.
                      I can buy that DisIP. However building a new ride would disrupt any area it is in. I would rather disrupt an area designed for traffic rather than affecting a ride. Example, the subs were an e-ticket ride and other than the monorail and the railroad for a few days, it didn't affect much at all.

                      Lesser of 2 evils IMO opinion, but as long as Disney is trying to improve the park I'll be alright with it for the most part.

                      Chad

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: What to do with Thunder Trail

                        Well, I've suggested this in a few other places, but since you ask point blank:

                        1) Put in an ambitious E-ticket ride themed to the Civil War, with muskets and sabers and the whole battlefield thing.

                        2) Put Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln next to it as a pre-show or adjunct attraction, providing serious historical context for the new ride.
                        "My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

                        The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.



                        ......... .....May April March!.....................

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: What to do with Thunder Trail

                          Originally posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
                          That area of the park is a bit decieving, I think. On the eastern side you have BTMRR and on the western side you have ROA and BTR. There may be some room for a better than average sized dark ride but that really is about it. I would say it's not worth tearing up what is usually a peaceful area of the park to be in just for a ride that they really do not have a whole lot of room for.
                          If that area could once hold a theatrical production of Hunch Back's magnitude, plus seat a few hundred guests to watch, plus include a backstage area for costume changes, plus have room for a petting zoo there's plenty enough room for a good ride.

                          And as for the peacefulness issue, yeah, that's nice to have, but I suppose that's what city/state parks are for. If you're going to Disneyland you're not exactly making a trip there for a quiet time away from the public. And if a person is they're in for a sad and rude reality check.

                          ...Joe...

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: What to do with Thunder Trail

                            Leave it open its supposed to be the old west so the wide open spaces actually fit the themeing!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: What to do with Thunder Trail

                              Originally posted by HBG2 View Post
                              Well, I've suggested this in a few other places, but since you ask point blank:

                              1) Put in an ambitious E-ticket ride themed to the Civil War, with muskets and sabers and the whole battlefield thing.

                              2) Put Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln next to it as a pre-show or adjunct attraction, providing serious historical context for the new ride.

                              that idea sounds cool.

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X