Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flying into DLR?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Flying into DLR?

    Not sure if many people have done this...MC being mostly a local board and such...but has anyone flown to get to DLR before? Where is the easiest place to fly into? - LAX, Orange County, etc. We are thinking of driving halfway to Phoenix and flying to California just because driving into So Cal is such a pain!

  • #2
    Re: Flying into DLR?

    I think John Wayne would be the easiest...

    Lashbear and his partner flew in from Australia a couple months back! Now that is a flight!

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Flying into DLR?

      Easiest/closest is John Wayne Airport.


      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Flying into DLR?

        I fly into John Wayne when ever I fly down from Sacramento. It isn't a long ride into the resort area, there are a lot of shuttles that aren't that expensive.
        Most often found at a theme park

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Flying into DLR?

          Originally posted by DisneyPrincess4590 View Post
          Not sure if many people have done this...MC being mostly a local board and such...but has anyone flown to get to DLR before? Where is the easiest place to fly into? - LAX, Orange County, etc. We are thinking of driving halfway to Phoenix and flying to California just because driving into So Cal is such a pain!
          Just some info for you is that it takes approximately 5 1/2 to 6 hours to drive from Phoenix to the Mickey and Friends parking lot. If you are going to fly then you will need to be at the airport 2 hours ahead of time, plus time for parking your car and taking the shuttle to the airport. 1 hour of flying, then getting your luggage, rental car or shuttle and getting to to your hotel which will probably take about an hour. We do the drive from Phoenix all the time and it really is not that bad, especially if there are a couple of you in the car so you can use carpool lanes.

          But if your going to fly in I would recommend John Wayne Airport.
          sigpic

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Flying into DLR?

            If you are flying into So Cal from Phoenix just to avoid the traffic then that gives you no choice but to fly into John Wayne. It doesn't make sense to fly into LAX since you will have serious traffic problems from there. Some people here will suggest Long Beach but in my opinion the traffic from Long Beach to DLR is a lot worse than the traffic from John Wayne. If there is no traffic the drive should take no more than 15 minutes from John Wayne to DLR or vice versa. If you find out there is traffic on the freeway it is easy to take MacArthur Blvd. to Harbor Blvd. to get to the DLR.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Flying into DLR?

              SNA/Orange County/John Wayne.

              I just flew down for the third time ever last month. It is SUCH a pain. It takes me 7-8 hours to drive, but 6 hours to fly there total. So I pretty much pay $200 to save me 2 hours.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Flying into DLR?

                Originally posted by Rapunzel View Post
                SNA/Orange County/John Wayne.

                I just flew down for the third time ever last month. It is SUCH a pain. It takes me 7-8 hours to drive, but 6 hours to fly there total. So I pretty much pay $200 to save me 2 hours.
                Well with SoCal traffic, maybe that 200 bucks is worth it!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Flying into DLR?

                  John Wayne for sure

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Flying into DLR?

                    Originally posted by pratt55 View Post
                    Just some info for you is that it takes approximately 5 1/2 to 6 hours to drive from Phoenix to the Mickey and Friends parking lot. If you are going to fly then you will need to be at the airport 2 hours ahead of time, plus time for parking your car and taking the shuttle to the airport. 1 hour of flying, then getting your luggage, rental car or shuttle and getting to to your hotel which will probably take about an hour. We do the drive from Phoenix all the time and it really is not that bad, especially if there are a couple of you in the car so you can use carpool lanes.

                    But if your going to fly in I would recommend John Wayne Airport.
                    I know, but we don't live in Phoenix. We live in West Texas. My mom came up with this idea to drive to Phoenix, park our car in the airport, and then fly to California. Crazy I know! I'm just investigating into this idea....

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Flying into DLR?

                      John Wayne.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Flying into DLR?

                        Originally posted by DisneyPrincess4590 View Post
                        Not sure if many people have done this...MC being mostly a local board and such...but has anyone flown to get to DLR before? Where is the easiest place to fly into? - LAX, Orange County, etc. We are thinking of driving halfway to Phoenix and flying to California just because driving into So Cal is such a pain!
                        Fly into the LA area airport on the airline that is significantly cheaper than the others. This can vary by date and where you're flying from.

                        If none are significantly cheaper, fly into Orange County (SNA)

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Flying into DLR?

                          I am a fan of Long Beach, if you can get a flight from your city.... It is a LOT nicer and quieter than John Wayne.

                          Not many flights land at Long Beach, Jet Blue SoCal base is there, but other than that, it has only a few other flights.

                          As for traffic, all you have to do to get to Disneyland from Long Beach to the DLR is exit the airport and head East. The exit from the airport is Wardrow Road, which turns into Ball Road. Just take that road about 13 miles to Harbor and you are there, no freeways, and no major traffic jams.

                          http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=1091035
                          Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Flying into DLR?

                            We'll be flying to LAX (from NE) in October. We got round trip tickets for $97 bucks each. The other airports were 3 to 4 times that much. I can let you know how it goes after Halloween- but that's probably too late, right?

                            Now y'all have me worried about traffic from LAX to Disney. I only thought it was an hour or so away...

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Flying into DLR?

                              Originally posted by lil lisa View Post
                              We'll be flying to LAX (from NE) in October. We got round trip tickets for $97 bucks each. The other airports were 3 to 4 times that much. I can let you know how it goes after Halloween- but that's probably too late, right?

                              Now y'all have me worried about traffic from LAX to Disney. I only thought it was an hour or so away...
                              Depends when you are driving from LAX to Disneyland. (with all due respect the term Disney is usually only used at WDW). It can take less than an hour with absolutely no traffic and this really is only the case from maybe 7 or 8 at night until 5 or 6 in the morning. 11 am - 2 pm may be light, but that is no guarantee. Just to warn you though if you leave LAX during the heaviest portion of the rush hour you will be looking at a drive that is at least 1.5 or even 2 hours.

                              Personally to the OP, the drive from Phoenix isn't that bad. It is pretty much a breeze until you hit the traffic some time after the Cajon Pass, but by that point you will be pretty much close to Disneyland anyway (almost like going from LAX to Disneyland)

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X