This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Magical Milestones Mementos

Having seen the Magical Milestones pin series in its entirety, I can safely say Disney has made the best pin series ever. Never before have I seen pins with such detail.

I found myself drawn to the Party Gras pin immediately, as it is the first parade I saw at the age of 3, and it is definitely one of my favorites. I have vague memories of massive balloons shaped like Disney characters, and of the thousands of beads they tossed to the crowds.

Which pin is your favorite? Does one bring back fond memories of the park when you were younger? Are you drawn to one that shows an extinct ride or attraction you wish you could have been there for? Does one show an experience that you were/are a part of? Or are you just impressed by shiny objects?

Please post stories and/or pictures if you have them.
    Make something Idiot-Proof, and someone will build a better Idiot.

i love this set also. i made a HUGE list of all the ones i wanted & had to do 3 edits to reel myself in. i mostly got the ones commemorating the anniversaries.

my favorite one, though, is america sings-for sentimental reasons. AS is my favorite DL attraction ever. it was pure magic for me & everytime i listen to the cd, i can still hear everyone clapping along, feel the building rotate & see the sparkly "curtain." it is still very weird for me to see all of my AS A-A friends in splash.
    <o>

Comment

For those who have not seen photos, here are some links.
      http://www.dizpins.com/pinventory/dl...milestones.htm
      http://www.dizpins.com/pinventory/dl...stones_001.htm
      http://www.dizpins.com/pinventory/dl...stones_002.htm

I am fond of this series too. I have honestly thought about getting them all.. but I probably won't be doing that. So... I am limiting myself to things I adore the most of the park.

See.. not TOO bad but I could easily add in a few more. Good thing this set is open edition.

Comment

Wow, imagine if they put all that wasted creativity into actually designing new attractions for Disneyland...
        See more of my horrible photos (and a few good ones) at my Flickr photostream

Comment

I thought they were cute, but, since I first visited the park last year, I have no childhood memories to buy pins of. (bad sentence). I do like the idea, though, a pin for each year. I didn't like the way Tink looks, or I would have gotten the first one. I might get my birth year, just because it's my birth year. Still deciding.
          Good morning, son
          In twenty years from now
          Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
          And I can tell you 'bout today
          And how I picked you up and everything changed
          It was pain
          Sunny days and rain
          I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NeverNeverland
            I thought they were cute, but, since I first visited the park last year, I have no childhood memories to buy pins of. (bad sentence). I do like the idea, though, a pin for each year. I didn't like the way Tink looks, or I would have gotten the first one. I might get my birth year, just because it's my birth year. Still deciding.
            I was going to get my birthyear but "Totally Minnie" is just not doing it for me!

Comment

I've thought about getting all 51, I've also thought about getting just the ones from since I was born, but I bought the one from 1978 (year before I was born) on Saturday, so that idea is out too. I'll likely end up with pins from my favorite parts of the park and the parks history.

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

1519, 4066, 423, 600, 2469, 378, 5044, 888

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X