Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Call to Arms: Cinderella Suite West CONFIRMED - Save the Disney Gallery! (Merged)

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Call to Arms: Cinderella Suite West CONFIRMED - Save the Disney Gallery! (Merged)

Yesterday while at City Hall, we had a plaid manager

Re: Call to Arms: Cinderella Suite West CONFIRMED - Save the Disney Gallery!

But aren't they just converting it for a year? Won't it go back to being a Gallery after that? If that's the case, then having it temporarily be some princess attraction is OK with me.

Comment

The year of a Million Dreams is like half over. Why now are they doing this?
      Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Originally posted by TDLFAN
      I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
      on Bay Lake.

Comment

I don't mind. I actually think it would be exciting to stay the night at a place where Walt was supposed to live!
        "The views and opinions expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily represent or reflect those of The Walt Disney Company."

Comment

Originally posted by ttztotdca50 View Post
          I don't mind. I actually think it would be exciting to stay the night at a place where Walt was supposed to live!
          Yeah I kinda feel the same way. I'm not understanding how this is "destroying" the magic. Seems pretty magical to me! It's not like they're turning it into a McDonalds or something. And again, if it's just temporary, sounds OK to me. Walt always said Disneyland would never stop growing or changing. He wanted things to change and progress.

Comment

ok what is ever temporary? is abe back on mainstreet? if it gets done, it will stay permanently even if it's not a prize anymore. I have stated on another thread that this is a bad idea because of the location. DL has the mickey mouse suite and cinderella has nothing to do with New Orleans square.

Comment

I think it is fine.

12/18 TC DAY

Comment

I also think it would be very exciting to spend a night there (but I know the odds will be very slim)
                I’m ok with the change as long as its only temporary.
                Last edited by Disney luv; 07-05-2007, 08:46 AM.
                So... what do you think?

Comment

I am actually looking forward to that area being unaccessible to the general public once again. There was some mysteriousness to it back before they opened it up as the gallery back in the 80's.

Just as long as they theme it other than Cinderella, I am fine with it. But if they have to theme it to Cinderella please do NOT do any changes to the outside.

Comment

Originally posted by Cmash95 View Post
                    ok what is ever temporary? is abe back on mainstreet? if it gets done, it will stay permanently even if it's not a prize anymore. I have stated on another thread that this is a bad idea because of the location. DL has the mickey mouse suite and Cinderella has nothing to do with New Orleans square.

You summed up my thoughts exactly. If this comes in I doubt the Disney Gallery will be back anytime soon. What does Cinderella have to do with NOS? If it must be then at least call it Walt's Suite or something. I swear between pirates and princesses ...

<Sighs> Jay Rusalo makes me weep for the good old days of Paulie Pressler &That Harriss Woman
                    Last edited by Uzmati; 07-05-2007, 07:29 AM.
                    IMO - YMMV - FYIGM

Comment

Cinderella in NOS? geez.

Comment

I don't agree with the Cinderella theming, but other than that, I believe the principle is entirely magical. Please step down from your high horse, Walt-channeller.
                        BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
                        October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
                        October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
                        April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
                        October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
                        October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
                        October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
                        October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
                        December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
                        July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
                        July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
                        July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
                        February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
                        February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
                        TRIP REPORTS

Comment

You know, I've heard that the gallery is haunted. Wouldn't it be funny if they do turn it into a hotel suite and no one will stay in there because of what might happen after park closing?

Comment

I don't agree. Part of New Orleans Sq is seeing the art within the Disney Gallery. And, being able to have a terrific view. I can't imagine not being able to go up there. Do we really think it will go back after the YOMD? Where is Lincoln? It's been a year! I hope this is just rumor and not true.

Comment

It would likely be NOS or Pirate themed. My big hope would be that they rip down those two hideous stairways leading to the Gallery and restore the building back to it's former glory. Maybe they would do the gallery in place of one of those badly themed NOS shops at ground level.
                              "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X