This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My trip report (very long)

Great trip report!! Sounds like other than Monday, you had a good time at DL! I loved the part about you finding the shorter line!

Comment

Sweet trip report, thanks for that. Too bad Monday was so packed. That's unusual for a monday...

Comment

Very awesome TR, I loved all the detail packed into this one, it really felt like I was visiting Disneyland myself just reading it. I think USH's problem is that they are trying to appeal to everyone with their theme park aspect, but it's still very much an esoteric park. They try to market it as a theme park for the general public, but it's really a movie studio with some rides added in. I personally love the tram tour because I am WAY into movies and it fascinates me seeing all the sound stages and areas where they filmed things. Honestly, it's all the rides and crap they've thrown in over the past decade that I don't like about USH. Don't get me wrong, Terminator 2: 3D is by far the greatest 3D show ever made and Jurassic Park is incredible, but it all just gets in the way of the movie-making experience the park brings. I actually miss the days when the tour was the major draw of the park and it focused on movie making.

USH is suffering from the same problem as Epcot in Florida in the sense that it doesn't know what it wants to be. On one hand, it's a real working movie studio that takes you out and shows the film buffs some fascinating areas...and on the other, you have a theme park filled with awesome rides for the general public. I think Universal's mistake is trying to market it as a mainstream park when its real appeal still lies with film buffs. It is unbelievably amazing to me when I take the tram on the lower lot and see sets and sound stages from movies. Believe me, when I take the tram tour I am so engulfed and overloaded with wonder and excitement that even Jurassic Park the Ride seems like a nuisense to be in the same area as the tram tour! I think you have to be incredibly interested in movies to understand the tram tour.

Comment

Great trip report! Thanks.
          I think you did alright for a summer weekend!
          I have more Mondays like that...
          Goin around the world...and back to Disneyland!

Comment

Thanks for the great report. Next time you're in the Hollywood area, let me know. I'd love to show you around.
            "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
            -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

Comment

may i ask what did your JC skipper look like.
              pshhh i guess

Comment

Thanks for the report!

That was very well written, I feel like I was there.. Ahhhh..

I have a quick question if someone could please help with info, I will owe you.

I have a couple of trip planning questions that I really need help with, and I have looked high and low for the info here and elsewhere.

My question is, I don't see any general trip planning questions here, but I also don't see another spot for them. Is it okay to post a trip planning/opinion question here?

Any help is MUCH appreciated.

Thanks!

Comment

I don't like trip reports, but this one was very fun to read.

Comment

Originally posted by Treat
                    may i ask what did your JC skipper look like.
                    Early 20s (22-23 maybe), brown hair, good looking kid, name was short and fairly common.... Josh, Adam, Mike....something like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Max Fischer
                      I have a couple of trip planning questions that I really need help with, and I have looked high and low for the info here and elsewhere.

My question is, I don't see any general trip planning questions here, but I also don't see another spot for them. Is it okay to post a trip planning/opinion question here?
                      The Disneyland Resort board IS the place for planning questions. We're about 99% regulars here, which is why you see few questions, and why you'll get lots of great responses to any questions you do post.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X