What do you think of that Cars Test Track type ride?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GhostHost2
    MiceChatter
    • Jun 2007

What do you think of that Cars Test Track type ride?

Al Lutz mentioned that DCA would get a dual track Cars themed Test Track type ride. We have already heard a little about this, but it seems like it is only getting more certain that we will get it.

I am excited about all the changes coming to DCA, but I have my doubts. I like the movie Cars, but I don't see a ride off of it being exciting enough for DCA's first E-Ticket after TSM!. DCA needs an E-Ticket (other than TOT) along the lines of IJA or TDS's JTTCOTE. I want a ride that has a story and show elements that include something mythical, mysterious, and possibly frightening. A Cars themed ride would have none of that. I love DL, because you go through a cursed temple, a haunted house, see pirates go after cursed gold, bobsled down a mountain with Yeti encounters, evade a Queen who wants your head chopped off, ride a haunted mine train. I am worried that DCA won't have rides steeped in the mythical and mysterious other than the TOT.
  • Peterwhite171
    • Feb 2006

Re: What do you think of that Cars Test Track type ride?

After seeing what can be done with the Test Track technology on Journey at DisneySea I would like to see it implemented into DCA. Test Track at Epcot still has breakdown issues which simply dont occur as often with the second generation tech used at DisneySea.

Comment

• GhostHost2
      MiceChatter
      • Jun 2007

Originally posted by Peterwhite171 View Post
      After seeing what can be done with the Test Track technology on Journey at DisneySea I would like to see it implemented into DCA. Test Track at Epcot still has breakdown issues which simply dont occur as often with the second generation tech used at DisneySea.

I like the technology, but the problem is the theme. I would love to have a theme like Journey to the Center of the Earth, which judging from photos I have seen on Youtube will rank in my top 5 rides of all time once I get to ride it.

Comment

• mycroft16
        I'm not really here
        • Aug 2006

I too think the technology is amazing but that something better than Cars can be used as a theme. I also would love to have something original, mythical, spooky, threatening. A deep, rich story that begins before you even get to the line and continues all they way till you exit back to the general park walkways (like Indy). There are countless millions of stories the could tell and I think they should tell them. Yes, lots of people liked Cars, me among them, but they can do so much more than that and I think they should.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Comment

• PrincessY
          Winter in Oceanside...
          • Oct 2005

I think you could figure out a theme for CARS in SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA!!

Comment

• ChurroMan
            MiceChatter
            • Jul 2007

Im not a fan of Cars, but its obvious a Cars ride is to be made, and it would be awesome if it was like Test track, except faster, and it made you feel like you were racing against other cars.

Comment

• mrfantasmic
              • Jan 2005

Though auto racing isn't a huge thing here, you can't escape that there is a huge car culture here.
              I can see an E-Ticket like the CARS Racing ride to be a huge draw. Especially if they work out on the computer how to make it feel like a race... with a different car winning (speed reductions and accelerations are much more efficient in Gen 2 (Journey to Center of the Earth) than in the Gen 1 iterations (Rocket Rods/Test Track)).

Comment

• ChurroMan
                MiceChatter
                • Jul 2007

Originally posted by mrfantasmic View Post
                Though auto racing isn't a huge thing here, you can't escape that there is a huge car culture here.
                I can see an E-Ticket like the CARS Racing ride to be a huge draw. Especially if they work out on the computer how to make it feel like a race... with a different car winning (speed reductions and accelerations are much more efficient in Gen 2 (Journey to Center of the Earth) than in the Gen 1 iterations (Rocket Rods/Test Track)).
                Imagine if they loaded like 10 people into like 10 different cars each 5 minutes, and those 10 cars could race against eachother and each one was a different experience. OF course the lines would be huge, but taht would still be awesome.

Comment

• The International
                  Unhelpful User
                  • Aug 2006

I think it's a good idea. Test Track is a lot of fun but it would be better if it wasn't themed to a car test facility.

Comment

• sediment
                    Banned User
                    • Jan 2005

I can imagine being stuck on a freeway surrounded by "Cars" characters, and your Lightning McQueen car finds a way around the traffic jam. And hilarity ensues.

Comment

• CelestialImperium
                      Destroyer of Mallcore
                      • May 2007

I have a feeling that they will find a clever way to make this ride memorable.

Now, I'll turn that little mouse's dream into a nightmare Fantasmic!

Comment

• Anders
                        back to basics
                        • Apr 2005

I'm picturing the old Soap Box Derby Racers at Knotts, with new state of the art technology.

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

1519, 4066, 423, 600, 2469, 378, 5044, 888

Comment

• Maverick
                          What's a motto with you?
                          • Apr 2007

Test track doesn't exactly fit into the "theme" out here in Epcot either so i don't see the big deal.
                          Marquis d'Bod of the RCMC... always and forever

Comment

• BCC
                            MiceChatter
                            • Jul 2007

I wouldn't mind a test track in DCA. I've always wanted to ride test track over and over again...but Illuminations was starting and it was my last day Phooey.
                            Check out my Toy Story Mania 500,000 Run.
                            www.twitter.com/BCC4321

Ask me Anything.

Comment

• Disneyfan4
                              Sock Puppet
                              • Apr 2007

i am totally looking forward to this because i have seen video and pictures of the one in Florida. With the dual test track seems more fun than one

Comment

• disneydude47
                                New MiceChatter
                                • Jan 2007

i think this is a good idea, if their going to keep making pixar rides, they might as well make them thrilling

Comment

• bfdf55
                                  MiceChatter
                                  • Jun 2007

Originally posted by Disneyfan4 View Post
                                  i am totally looking forward to this because i have seen video and pictures of the one in Florida. With the dual test track seems more fun than one

Comment

• BoogaFrito
                                    Stop That!
                                    • May 2005

Originally posted by bfdf55 View Post
                                    First, the whole concept of Carsland seems to be a bit excessive. As far as I can recall, no entire land has been developed around a single movie, and a relatively moderate one at that.
                                    A Bug's Land maybe?

I think the idea of Carland (no "s") would be more about California car culture in general, not just the movie. At least I hope so. It would be a novelty to have a new attraction fitting the California theme for once!

And a cars attraction in DCA might allow them to replace Autopia with something else, something futuristic. Though it's hard to see that happening ever...

Comment

• Kritter
                                      He Gets The Job Done
                                      • Oct 2006

I'm excited for this attraction!

Comment

• Quacky4Donald
                                        Don't Mess With The Duck!
                                        • Oct 2006

Originally posted by mrfantasmic View Post
                                        Though auto racing isn't a huge thing here, you can't escape that there is a huge car culture here...
                                        I don't know where exactly you live, but in the Bay Area in the North Bay in Sonoma there is Infineon Raceway (formerly Sears Point Raceway). NASCAR always makes a stop here, as does the NHRA. I think it would be very awesome if the CARS ride were to be loosely based off of Sears Point.

...Joe...

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X