This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Disneyland really needed?

I know that Disneyland was the original, and Walt Disney himself opened it and all that, but when you think about it, it's fully possible to scrap Disneyland alltogether and just focus on Walt Disney World.

Think about it, if you closed Disneyland, you could take all the money and attention to Disney World, giving it what people complain about i. e. Better rides, maintenace and such. Disney World has the advantage of being four parks, with lots of space for new attractions, with Disneyland being very small so you would have to get rid of things to make room.

Most (some at least) tourists probably don't even know there is another Disney theme park in the US, everybody goes to Disney World. It's the most appealing park probably because of its size.

So, would you give up the original park for a Disney World with the technology and etc. of Disneyland Resort California?

Re: Is Disneyland really needed?

Whoa there. I'm not going to comment on this, except to say that if I were you I would start running away now. These be dangerous waters mate.

Comment

Sorry to burst your bubble, but I am a tourist , I know about all of the Disneyparks. I choose to go to DL each and every time, and have no desire what so ever to go to DW.

Comment

I'll be polite in my response and say that "No, I like having a park that I can drive to rather than a park that takes months of planning and thousands of dollars." : D

I'm pretty sure that Disneyland is just as well known as Walt Disney World as well, if not even more well known--it's difficult to make an assertation such as that, but considering Disneyland Paris shares its name with Disneyland, I'd think that "Disneyland" is the more well known name. : /

P.S. I agree with FantasmicPrincess in that you should start running this instance.

Comment

Yeah, but most people think of just Disneyland Paris when you say "Disneyland"... at least over here in Sweden

Comment

Originally posted by Gutted View Post
            Most (some at least) tourists
            Haha what? You think most tourists don't know about Disneyland, but if it wasn't most it would, at the very least, be some? And if it were only some, then what would be the point of getting rid of Disneyland if a lot of people know about it?

Are you for real?

Comment

I live in Georgia, a 9 hour drive from WDW. Guess what I picked for this summer? Disneyland.

Comment

People from around the entire world know that Disneyland exists, believe me. They wouldn't save money closing Disneyland anyways.

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

1519, 4066, 423, 600, 2469, 378, 5044, 888

Comment

Originally posted by Gutted View Post
                  I know that Disneyland was the original, and Walt Disney himself opened it and all that, but when you think about it, it's fully possible to scrap Disneyland alltogether and just focus on Walt Disney World.
                  Most (some at least) tourists probably don't even know there is another Disney theme park in the US, everybody goes to Disney World. It's the most appealing park probably because of its size.
                  Vance DeBar "Pinto" Colvig was born on September 11, 1892. I was born on September 11, 1959. Goofy huh?
                  OOPS.....

Comment

Originally posted by SpokkerJones View Post
                    Haha what? You think most tourists don't know about Disneyland, but if it wasn't most it would, at the very least, be some? And if it were only some, then what would be the point of getting rid of Disneyland if a lot of people know about it?

Are you for real?
                    Are you for real, because you're confusing me here

Comment

OK, I'll bite...

Why?

It's not like WDC is losing money and need to cut costs. It's doing (still) very good business at both locations. (w/ DLR actually almost matching WDW despite it being smaller). In fact you need the joint capacity to handle the current demand. And it's not like WDC needs to cut somewhere to do the "needed" maintenance at WDW; it's currently just corporate priorities at this moment (and the perceived lack of need by WDW management).

Comment

I thought this thread was a joke! Then I realized the OP was serious....

IMHO ( and that of many others ) - Disneyland is very much needed as a Disney Park.

Comment

Yes, it is.
                          All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney

Comment

Wow. Not even going to comment on this one...

Comment

So many viewers and I expect the same response from everyone but I actually get what he means. Whenever I talk to people about disneyland, they always assume I meant the magic kingdom because they're from the east coast. I have to believe that in Europe, it's even worse. I think it should stay, because in many ways, it is a better place and the other one is across the country, so it makes sense , business wise.

PS: Don't run, I know I didn't when I posted something people didn't like ;]

Now, I'll turn that little mouse's dream into a nightmare Fantasmic!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X