This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Thunder Trail

I've posted a bit about drastic changes to Big Thunder Trail, but what about subtle ones. How hard would it be to simply add some AA bears or other "frontier" wildlife. Rabbits coming in or out of holes, squirrels possibly a skunk. BTM can be used as the example for this. They call it "Bear Canyon" but the only time you can actually hear the bear growl is when there is no one there.... TURN IT UP... Scare the animals! There is a lot you could put there, make it a 1 hour cycle that way it would be something new besides a fake fish splashing in the water.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

sigpic

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Re: Big Thunder Trail

I'd like to see all this stuff, but over in Grizzly River Rapids instead.

Comment

Originally posted by techskip View Post
      I've posted a bit about drastic changes to Big Thunder Trail, but what about subtle ones. How hard would it be to simply add some AA bears or other "frontier" wildlife. Rabbits coming in or out of holes, squirrels possibly a skunk. BTM can be used as the example for this. They call it "Bear Canyon" but the only time you can actually hear the bear growl is when there is no one there.... TURN IT UP... Scare the animals! There is a lot you could put there, make it a 1 hour cycle that way it would be something new besides a fake fish splashing in the water.
      Great idea....but then we would have entire threads devoted to whether or not the skunk really emitted an odor or not
      Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

Comment

Originally posted by sleepyjeff View Post
        Great idea....but then we would have entire threads devoted to whether or not the skunk really emitted an odor or not
        Easy enough.... I mentioned this as a Thunder CM... ANY Skunk that has it's tail up should automatically have a combination squirt gun/mist effect! Imagineering LOVED it... Management ehhhh not so much. And you wonder why the ADV office didn't exactly cry at my departure!

sigpic

Comment

I really like this idea. A simple way for the park to start with this, is just move the bears from ROA back over here, where they started. It would be bringing back some of the area's history, as well as bring motion and 'life' to the trail.

Comment

But...but...but...that would take away from the quiet and my ability to take a nap. LOL

(Sorry guys, I just HAD to do it.)

As for the ideas, I love them. Why did management not like the squirting skunk idea? (Aside from them being morons.)

...Joe...

Comment

Originally posted by JosephTNielsen View Post
              Why did management not like the squirting skunk idea? (Aside from them being morons.)
              I believe it was the "Disney is above crass fart jokes" line or something to that effect. I had the Imagineers ROLLING at the mere thought of it. My other thought for the dynamite shack was a flame/fart combination (flame effect on shed, mist effect from skunks and loud "Boom" behind you)... As I said I was somewhat known in the lower WDI circles for a few creative thoughts and stunts... Management HATED it!

sigpic

Comment

I believe it was the "Disney is above crass fart jokes" line or something to that effect. I had the Imagineers ROLLING at the mere thought of it. My other thought for the dynamite shack was a flame/fart combination (flame effect on shed, mist effect from skunks and loud "Boom" behind you)... As I said I was somewhat known in the lower WDI circles for a few creative thoughts and stunts... Management HATED it!
                I don't know about the shack idea, but I do love the squirting skunk thing. And as for Disney being "above crass fart jokes," um...that isn't a fart joke. It's a play off of an animal's natural defense. I can hear kid's laughing and giggling at the thought of getting "misted" by a skunk. It would probably be the only time they could ever get it done to them and end up coming out of it happy. LOL To me THAT'S Disney!

...Joe...

Comment

This may have been mentioned on a different thread, I'm sure someone has had the same thought. How hard would it have been to make a miner's campsite on the edge of the pond in Thunder Trail. You could have one panning for gold, or sleeping in a tent. Also possibly have a horse that would occasionaly look up, drink, and swish it's tail... add in some hoof/leg movement. It seems so simple, would add so much, and yet... nothing.

sigpic

Comment

The Skunk fits with the "Hard Facts that made America" so I'm all for it!

Comment

I do think that it'll take away from the peace and tranquility of that area.
                      Are he fish over there by the bridge not turned on anymore?
                      Good morning, son
                      In twenty years from now
                      Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
                      And I can tell you 'bout today
                      And how I picked you up and everything changed
                      It was pain
                      Sunny days and rain
                      I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

I LOVE Big Thunder Trail! One of the few places that always seems so peaceful, especially after dark. If the changes were added, I would pray they did not change how magical it is there. It's one of my favorite places in Disneyland.
                        It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Comment

This may have been mentioned on a different thread, I'm sure someone has had the same thought. How hard would it have been to make a miner's campsite on the edge of the pond in Thunder Trail. You could have one panning for gold, or sleeping in a tent. Also possibly have a horse that would occasionaly look up, drink, and swish it's tail... add in some hoof/leg movement. It seems so simple, would add so much, and yet... nothing.
                          I would love to see something like this put there, and at night there could be a campfire flickering at the waters' edge, such a simple thing would add such a great
                          vibe to that area.

Comment

Originally posted by whitestrat View Post
                            I would love to see something like this put there, and at night there could be a campfire flickering at the waters' edge, such a simple thing would add such a great
                            vibe to that area.
                            I love that idea! A campfire at night would make it even more magical!
                            It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Comment

The more I posted and thought about it the more I came back to this thread. I read somewhere that Thunder Trail goes through what used to be "Beaver Valley". How perfect! It would be extremely simple to add beavers to the pond. You could have one chewing on a fallen tree. one whose head would surface in a variety of spots in the water (think like that stupid kid's arcade game of hitting gophers) One building the "home" and another two or three building and maintaining the dam! You could also have a deer or two drinking, the rabbits I mentioned, skunks... so many things you can do with this.

sigpic

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X